What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loving my new gamiviti rack. The expo ++ running upside down is amazing. The rack has “handles” almost all the way across makes access so much easier than the prinsu style ones
60FEB5CC-2243-4A7C-9608-37526D106767.jpeg
E1231729-6D58-4F5F-83B2-1F959EF51073.jpeg
A182782E-E578-4ACD-9DD6-DE81AD144796.jpeg

Rear pads, shoes, rotors, hardware and bellcranks. Also flushed the power steering.
View attachment 2346032
View attachment 2346033

How much did that parking brake refresh run you? I'm needed to do the same thing. My handbrake can come all the way up with barely any engagement. We've adjusted it probably 4 times over the past 2 years and pretty sure the pads inside are shot.

So far my LX has been great but last two weeks have been a bit of a bummer for electrical issues. After sitting overnight or even an hour there is 0 electrical to the vehicle to start. I try to crank it and nothing, jump it and it’s fine to start up. But today (while driving it to the shop) it tried its best to die on me. Electrical would cut out for a split second and truck would try and die but it would catch itself and keep running. Mechanic is thinking alternator, which was replaced in 2019 so that would be odd. Waiting to hear from him when he gets to it.

So far my LX has been great but last two weeks have been a bit of a bummer for electrical issues. After sitting overnight or even an hour there is 0 electrical to the vehicle to start. I try to crank it and nothing, jump it and it’s fine to start up. But today (while driving it to the shop) it tried its best to die on me. Electrical would cut out for a split second and truck would try and die but it would catch itself and keep running. Mechanic is thinking alternator, which was replaced in 2019 so that would be odd. Waiting to hear from him when he gets to it.
Had this issue with a different vehicle. It turned to be a failing connection to the main fuse. Cleaned it up, replaced fuse (and ground cable for no good reason), good to go.

Had this issue with a different vehicle. It turned to be a failing connection to the main fuse. Cleaned it up, replaced fuse (and ground cable for no good reason), good to go.
Good to hear, battery has good voltage running and dead it really acts like it’s just a loose connection somewhere. I hate not being able to fix it myself just don’t have enough time

Easy install, yes and no. I've probably installed upwards of 20 decks in my lifetime. There were no instructions provided.
However, each factory harness fits into the Tesla harnesses. One major item to note, the ABS computer (at least it's labeled that) module has to be pulled from the original factory set up and kept w/ the new install. Because of all the wiring and limited space, very hard to get everything to fit. In the end, I installed the provided brackets w/out the radio attached, waited to install the ABS module (last) and hooked up all other cords. You have to lean the unit from the bottom into the top, attaching the ABS module last to fit all other wiring in first, then ABS box on top. Lastly, line up the provided brackets to the deck holes and screw in. Note, you must keep your USB lines to the side for easy access. This is used for firmware upgrades as well as Carplay. Overall, took my multiple times to try and install before nailing it. Before all of this, I literally went through every option to test, retest and confirm any items not properly configured. Found the rear A/C as well as defrost not working. Can't say enough about Alibaba and my chosen manufacturer. Excellent support (technical and customer service). Overall, extremely happy w/ the outcome, sound performance (RCA outputs and AMP) and Tesla style unit functionality. Way better than the original head unit. Let me know if interested in purchasing, I can reach out to the supplier.

Easy Saturday morning lead to curiosity and me to aligning the truck on my own using basic principles of geometry and measurement. I recently replaced my upper and lower ball joints together with the tie rods using Sankei 555 products and the steering rack bushing using polyurethane ones.

As I inspected and measured obvious components such as the tire for camber, I noticed the front passenger was at +0.4° the front driver was at -0.2°. So I went ahead lifted the front, loosened the UCA nut-bolt and rotated the camber tab bolt to create that angle similar to that of the driver side. Lowered the truck, measured again and voila front passenger is now reading -0.2° - same now as the front driver side.

But toe settings are now off (it’s evident and clearly noticeable that the front passenger has reasonable amount of TOE-IN. I used a nylon line off one of our fishing rods, tied it on two jack stands -one situated at the rear corner of the truck, and one at the front corner of the truck and started measuring distances from the wheel in respect to the nylon line -it had to equal on both front and rear part of a wheel. I adjusted the toe in/out thru the Tie Rods. Every turn of the tie rod I had to stand up and reset the steering wheel (turn it left-right and re-center it) so as to make sure wheel is indeed straight. Eventually I got both passenger and driver side all lined up and measured to the last millimeter. Now truck is aligned and is tracking straight. Total time spent doing this was around 2 hours. Local Lexus charges around $200 for this job with all the fancy computers and tool. You can do it too, just allocate a few hours and definitely achievable.

Some pictures for reference:

View attachment 2345839
Once UCA camber bolt nuts are a little loose enough to rotate it, I just pushed the upper part of tire/wheel inward to create an angle that would offset +0.4° and make it closer to -0.2° (like the one on the passenger side).
View attachment 2345849
Level reads now -0.2°

View attachment 2345853
Nylon line now on setup and has considerable amount of tension.

View attachment 2345854
As I turn the inner tie rod (clockwise or counter clockwise) I made sure to get up and go to the steering wheel and turn it left & right make sure to reset it back to center. Once that was done I now measure the front side is close or the same now to that or the rear side.

View attachment 2345855
Off topic but what paint did you use on your wheels?

Added some recovery gear...and picked up some pinstripes on the Palomar Truck trail....I left the tie downs in place as spacers in front as I think the clearance is just enough for a soft shackle. Any thoughts on this?

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

Removed running boards, roof rack, rear spoiler, and fender flares. I have had my hundy for about 4 months, and I have to say I should have done this the weekend I bought it. It looks so much better without all of that "stuff".
what're you gonna do with that rear spoiler?

Off topic but what paint did you use on your wheels?
Just rattle can from Lowe’s. But did 1200grit wet sanding on the clear coat to get that gloss I was looking for.

That's the 6 footer. I have an 8 footer and a 4 footer. That's definitely in the middle of the two I have.

What do you recommend? We have the same rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom