What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cheers, my 2DIN touchscreen Pioneer unit is about 2002 and due for an upgrade as the Bluetooth is redundant (only works for hands-free no music).

I really think the 7inch store brand bought ones are not large enough really these days for GPS etc or stuff you use them for. I'm really tempted to order one off Aliexpress, there are some really good looking units but I'm just not sold on the hardware. I'll keep looking though.

Tempted to build my own off the new raspberry pi 4b, but have not seen one touchscreen I like, all of them look offset or sit too far into the dash. Additionally, you need to buy other hardware to do simple things like plug the radio antenna in.
I was originally looking at the Sony and Alpine that are very similar, but I really wanted to be able to run any app on it. Only thing better would if I could have mounted an iPad on there.

I was originally looking at the Sony and Alpine that are very similar, but I really wanted to be able to run any app on it. Only thing better would if I could have mounted an iPad on there.
Exactly what I fear and why I'm scared of buying brand name !

Was out hunting for black bear in the mountains. Was checking my GAIA map and hit a limb sticking into the road. Fortunately didn't do much damage but caught my Antenna and broke it, probably kept me from breaking my windshield. Anyway, replaced that today, wasn't too bad but for an antenna, to much work lol.

Painted roof and hood a year ago, but wanted to wait until posting to insure the paint would hold up and not peel. Used benjamin moore super spec industrial paint and 4" small nap roller. Wife likes it because it looks better than peeling paint. She asked about the uneven surface. I suggested it was like golf ball dimples, helps it go farther and straight. (She knows not to believe these explanations, but let the matter drop.)

Definitely transfers the truck into trail ready camp, vs going to the opera. Dang....
20200519_115228.jpg
20200519_115240.jpg

Painted roof and hood a year ago, but wanted to wait until posting to insure the paint would hold up and not peel. Used benjamin moore super spec industrial paint and 4" small nap roller. Wife likes it because it looks better than peeling paint. She asked about the uneven surface. I suggested it was like golf ball dimples, helps it go farther and straight. (She knows not to believe these explanations, but let the matter drop.)

Definitely transfers the truck into trail ready camp, vs going to the opera. Dang....View attachment 2313113View attachment 2313114
almost looks like smooth Monsta-liner.

2006 Lexus LX 470 102K miles, replaced the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt and tensioner, oil, transmission fluid, front brake job, rotors and pads replaced and repacked the bearings. I have a TPMS issue but I am NOT getting new ones as they seem to break every two years for a $500 repair, so I am electrical taping over the blinking light on the dash. I will get around to disabling the system, but as you can see I have been a bit busy w the truck.

I didn't do jack except drive it. Spent time removing rust and repainting my enclosed trailer.

2006 Lexus LX 470 102K miles, replaced the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt and tensioner, oil, transmission fluid, front brake job, rotors and pads replaced and repacked the bearings. I have a TPMS issue but I am NOT getting new ones as they seem to break every two years for a $500 repair, so I am electrical taping over the blinking light on the dash. I will get around to disabling the system, but as you can see I have been a bit busy w the truck.
I went my local rim shop and got 4 ne
installed 295/70r18s on my Tundra Alloys.

here it is compared to a 275/70r18 on Tundra Alloys
PudF2De.jpg

gbvgfZp.jpg
Are you running Spacers?

Since we got signed up for HIH X, we made the silly decision to take our newly acquired "old beater", instead of one of our already prepared DDs. In taking a spare vehicle, that was originally intended to remain a mostly stock run around the neighborhood vehicle, we've done some "very bad things", trying to get it ready for HIH, and the associated drive to/from the event.

AHC removed, Tough Dog and Trail Tailor kit installed (also side steps removed for TT sliders):
View attachment 2307447

Yes, It still needs tires.

I know. I know.
View attachment 2307453

Also installed a Trail Tailor Hidden Winch mount, with a cheap Chinese Smittybilt winch:
View attachment 2307460

I know, it's not a US made Warn, it's made in China, and it will never work when needed.
View attachment 2307457

( @TRAIL TAILOR Thanks for the great parts and quick shipping during the zombie apocalypse! )

More "very bad" stuff:

Chinese eBay/Amazon temporary headlights, until I can fix the condensation issue, and convert factory lights over to HID/LED:​

1590093172484.png
I'm hoping 2 Chinese headlights are better than one OE headlight, but maybe that's wishful thinking...​

Fixed the broken snap-fit hook on door switch panel.

1590102417081.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom