What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they are TE37X 16X8 0 Offset

F5s? Spacers too or is that the offset of the wheel alone?
6AAFBE3C-AB8D-4848-8684-941F6710666C.jpeg

I have water in the drivers floorboard of my 2000 LC that had the windshield replaced 4 years ago. I have checked and they used screws. I'm in the process of doing the switch to rivets and will hopefully dry everything up and set it right.

My question, out of ignorance, is why do rivets make the difference? What is it that causes screws to allow water in? Why does it matter?

I have water in the drivers floorboard of my 2000 LC that had the windshield replaced 4 years ago. I have checked and they used screws. I'm in the process of doing the switch to rivets and will hopefully dry everything up and set it right.

My question, out of ignorance, is why do rivets make the difference? What is it that causes screws to allow water in? Why does it matter?

Cost me 1200 to replace at dealer new seals w rivets
Also depends where u got ur windshield replaced

New glass w labor my glass has night vision

Labor on install 250

When you pull the trim you'll need to also verify the installation of the glass was done correctly. There should be a gutter under the trim between glass and A pillar with no obstructions that allows water to drain out towards hood. You might want to run some water in there after removing trim to check for leak area. Its not necessarily the screws that are causing your leak could be something else. Rivets allow the rubber cover to sit flush helps prevent water from entering the area where trim is fastened. I also siliconed the hole in rivet for extra protection.

Have you also verified your sun roof drain is draining correctly?

Have you also verified your sun roof drain is draining correctly?

No, I haven’t done that due to the sun roof not opening. I suppose that’s two projects...

Replaced my diff oils with 80W-90 Valvoline gear oil (Amazon.com: Valvoline High Performance SAE 80W-90 Conventional Gear Oil 1 GA: Industrial & Scientific) and put Valvoline synthetic 75W-90 (https://amzn.to/2IJ1yLO) in the transfer case. The front diff and t-case oils came out looking pretty good, but the rear diff oil was pretty grey looking. I was going to shoot some grease in the zerks, but since they were so easy to pull off I removed the driveshafts and gave them a proper cleaning and service with new grease (https://amzn.to/33h1fkt), and of course I made sure to put them back together exactly right. I also hit the rusty spots with some proper rust converting paint, Rustoleum Rust Reformer which chemically converts the rust into a stable and sealed surface (https://amzn.to/2TMlaEY). It is super handy for cleaning things like that up. Even if it might not really matter, it makes me feel good.

fta2VdA.jpg

sPhmLB1.jpg

Last edited:
1584120318429.png
IMG_2376.jpg

I took Lexi on a trip to the west to see some national forests as well as her first time in the snow! so of course, I had to do what every owner does and do a little photoshoot. from snow to rainforests to the redwood forests. she has seen it all!! antelope canyon is next on the list

1584120355739.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom