What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

running board deleted. waiting on my opor sliders from metaltech.

still have my lift in the garage. the hurricane threw my weekend off schedule.

BegvLbd.jpg

Did it improve mileage at all with the 4.88’s

Not really. I think I lost 15 miles to a full tank because the revs are a bit too high. Now that I've driven it 2 tanks, I'm hovering around 300 miles to a full tank. But with the gears and tire size, I don't really know how accurate the trip meter and speedo are. I know right now that my speedo is 4-5 mph higher. I might go up to 34 or 35 to get it back to correct. i'm really not to sure where to go from here. I like the peppyness in town but the highway RPM's are a bit high above 75mph.

I've been somewhat busy:
- oil change
- adjusted the parking brakes
- flushed ps fluid
- rotated tires
- installed my new Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller

I'll be installing my new Air Lift 1000 bags in the coming days.

Not photoshop, that's the best case scenario of MPG for our cruiers, flat road, mostly highways and keep it at 70mph maximum and be light on the throttle.

Since i've been driving around town some more, and stop and go traffic, it's back down to 14.8mpg now.

Went camping, wheeling, and rip'n.

IMG_4434.jpg

Not photoshop, that's the best case scenario of MPG for our cruiers, flat road, mostly highways and keep it at 70mph maximum and be light on the throttle.

Since i've been driving around town some more, and stop and go traffic, it's back down to 14.8mpg now.
When my truck’s oem AHC system gets overloaded, it drops into L and cruising st 70-75mph on the highway, I get between 16-17mpg. Three adults and north of 500lbs of cargo.

But when AHC is acting normal and it’s in the N setting, I rarely see above 15.

Replaced the rear propeller shaft. Put stuff on Orange Boxx racks.
@BenCC can you share details of how those racks mount? The Orange Boxx site is a little thin on details and no photos. I generally understand the top but how does the bottom attach?

@BenCC can you share details of how those racks mount? The Orange Boxx site is a little thin on details and no photos. I generally understand the top but how does the bottom attach?
I installed the HD mounts on mine, you bolt into the side panel and use the spacers provided. It is very solid and now hold about 30 pounds on it, pic shown was after install.
20190619_110806.jpg

20190623_204028.jpg

200,000 Check engine delete, who knew replacing a 21yr old O2 sensor would do that. New timing belt, serpentine belt, oil pan, tensioner, water pump, bracket, stabilizer bushings, sway bar links, oil change, and tire rotation, whew

I installed the HD mounts on mine, you bolt into the side panel and use the spacers provided. It is very solid and now hold about 30 pounds on it, pic shown was after install.
Thanks @Lndcrzr100inTN for the photos. Can you explain what you are bolting into. Are there factory threaded spots below the plastic trim? Apologies for the ignorance.

Thanks @Lndcrzr100inTN for the photos. Can you explain what you are bolting into. Are there factory threaded spots below the plastic trim? Apologies for the ignorance.
You drill a hole in the panel and they provide a square threaded insert you place into the drilled hole. This then allows you to screw the bolt into the threaded insert to hold the molle panel onto the LC side panel. I found that if you dont plan on hanging much weight on the panel the bottom attachment isnt needed. Just using the top attachment makes the entire setup very secure and stable. I have several items with weight on it now and it is very solid with no rattles at all.

Bosal muffler replacement off amazon. Direct fit!

Coming home from the mountains yesterday and inadvertently drove with the parking brake on for about 10 miles. Didn't notice because my boat was pushing me downhill. After that the parking brakes didn't hold the vehicle at all and made a loud screaming noise if moving a bit.

I'm leaving tomorrow pulling a uHaul trailer from northern California to Wisconsin (2100 miles) to move my son. I started looking around for parts thinking the shoes were worn out and the drum had grooves. Locally, no one carries those in stock since they really aren't changed often. I took the rotor/drum off and the pads were still ok (about 3mm) and no grooves in the drum. I was able to adjust the tightener, bellcrank, cable and it is better. Now it will at least hold the vehicle some but still makes a bit of a squeak if moving slowly when applied.

It's not like it was before but it's at least functional now.

Put it on a flat bed and sent it to the shop, horrible death rattle from engine bay this morning. Fingers crossed.
Cooling fan bracket went bad, feel like a dope for sending it to the shop but so busy lately didn't have time to deal with.
Quick fix but a bit pricey. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom