What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is it?
It's the charcoal canister. Filters fumes from the tank basically. It does reroute them also i believe to the intake at certain times but to me it's more complicated and way more expensive than it should be.

It's the charcoal canister. Filters fumes from the tank basically. It does reroute them also i believe to the intake at certain times but to me it's more complicated and way more expensive than it should be.
That’s what I thought it was... you said driver side front fender. My canister is in the rear on the drivers side so I was thrown off. Pricey little unit as I too swapped mine

That’s what I thought it was... you said driver side front fender. My canister is in the rear on the drivers side so I was thrown off. Pricey little unit as I too swapped mine
I think it's only under the hood up to 2000

Mounted OEM Hummer/Thule cargo box. Craigslist find. 15 years in storage. I quickly removed the giant Hummer emblems. Functional-yes, will I be ok with extra wind noise and clunks and rattles from above-? I really bought it for HIH9, but will keep it on for several other camping trips, then I'll store it.

Last edited:
Mounted OEM Hummer/Thule cargo box. Craigslist find. 15 years in storage. I quickly removed the giant Hummer emblems. Functional-yes, will I be ok with extra wind noise and clunks and rattles from above-? I really bought it for HIH9, but will keep it on for several other camping trips, then I'll store it.
View attachment 2008178View attachment 2008179
Look how clean that truck is! Have fun at HIH9

OME Lift, heavy springs, weboost cell booster, Dobinsons rear bumper, dual battery system by Offgrid Engineering. Waiting on the Slee piggy back shocks to be ready and I will swap those in. Gearing up for HIH9!

1560800573995.jpg
1561048049313.jpg
1561048061204.jpg
1561048068339.jpg

Fitted new front diff assy with truetrac centre, bushes, CV boots... looking forward to getting the winch in so I can fully test how good the Torsen diffs work!

simple testing of unlocking a single front hub (still full time transfer case) and leaving the centre diff unlocked it still moved so that is a good sign!

also completed retrofitting the rear vent window motors

I got a couple sweet coffee table books delivered yesterday. They are used but in like new condition.
460D9AB9-4A7F-4EC4-B1EC-D84161B243DA.jpeg
47686451-9F40-4C6E-B452-14027C235664.png

I will be using these to cram for the following PM items this weekend:
1. Heater tees and all related hoses and clamps.
2. Water pump.
3. Timing belt.
4. Serpentine belt.
5. Thermostat.
6. Radiator hoses/flush and fill.
7. Tensioners etc.

Adjusted AHC sensors last weekend. Cranked torsion bars 6-8 turns to alleviate the squishiness for now. Still have to install newer/used rear springs plus the 30mm coil spacers. I'll then take a look at the pressure readings. Sitting at about 21" front and 22" rear center hub to fender. About 1.25" total raise all the way around (don't have exact before measurements in front of me). DF accumulator is going but in all system still great for 271k.

After:

20190615_165112.jpg

Here's the before.

20190329_142618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom