What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bet you could find a bag of black plastic inner fender type retainers that would fit in those threads and give it that finished look.
Thanks guys. I happened to find essentially the same thing today at Fastenal for $3.50. Will use body color touch-up paint and make sure it’s water tight.

008B3631-2292-4B15-B7F9-64F441959A2A.jpeg

Just picked up a 176k mile, 2000 "green river rock mica" (best color imo) for $10.5k. I was looking hard for a '99-'00 limited or '03+ V8 4runner 4x4 but started to realise the V8 4x4's were as much as a 100 series. Then this bad boy came up for the right price and I had to go for it. Came with OME lift and ARB bull bar. PO spent just over 10k on the drivetrain and powertrain at the stealership but grossly neglected the exterior and interior. Just Spent 3 full days doing a deep detail including using an extractor on the carpets,

compounding the oxidized paint...

before

after

taking off the chipped and disgusting wood trim using a heat gun and patience

...and doing my best to recondition the leather. Finally have it looking presentable. Only mechanical thing it needed were front end brake lines. Rear end will need them sooner than later. Also tires are 6 years old but look about 2 years old.

After looking through the PO's repair records, I found that he paid about $4.5k for a new engine wiring harness and install at a Toyota dealership and just over $2k for timing belt/water pump parts/labor. Blows my mind.

Last edited:
Went crazy with the Harbor Freight coupons last weekend. FedEx guy dropped off a 3 Ton floor jack for me this afternoon. It's not dainty at all. I swear I could feel it hit the driveway.

Just picked up a 176k mile, 2000 "green river rock mica" (best color imo) for $10.5k. I was looking hard for a '99-'00 limited or '03+ V8 4runner 4x4 but started to realise the V8 4x4's were as much as a 100 series. Then this bad boy came up for the right price and I had to go for it. Came with OME lift and ARB bull bar. PO spent just over 10k on the drivetrain and powertrain at the stealership but grossly neglected the exterior and interior.

GreenMachine, I think I need you to do my shopping for my next truck!

My Icon Stage 3 shocks came in!

First box opened. Stage 3 rear shocks!!! Awesome!!!

Second box opened. Stage 1 front shocks!!! Not awesome.

Icon labeled the box wrong for the front shocks. :frown:

Icon is working with me to get the right ones here but there will be no sweet icons going on my 470 this weekend.:confused:

Gotta say I’m impressed just holding the rears in my hands though. I can’t wait to get them on!!! Hopefully not too much longer.

View attachment 1938170

View attachment 1938171

View attachment 1938172
Update: Thanks to great communication and customer service by Carl at Just Differentials and Scott at Icon the correct shocks were shipped out the next day. I’ll have them here Wednesday and on the 470 by next weekend! Super excited!!!:p

Removed rack and rear spoiler to paint, but I’m digging the bare roof look. Anyone have a lower profile, non-permanent alternative to the 4 factory spoiler bolts you could PM me?

View attachment 1939207

View attachment 1939209

I ordered these. Looks like I need different washers that don't rust.

View attachment 1939599

I know you guys like the bare look, but if you ever want to install lights on the back where those holes are, check out the mounts I made. Link in my sig.

100rhlm-2.jpg
100rhlm-1.jpg

Purchased @landcruiserphjack adapter. Came complete with a couple of mints :cautious:
20190329_121454.jpg

Running boards off a couple of weeks ago. Almost felt bad since it rocked them for 269k miles. Also did heater hoses and T's and some LED bulbs in various places.

20190329_142607.jpg

Removed rack and rear spoiler to paint, but I’m digging the bare roof look. Anyone have a lower profile, non-permanent alternative to the 4 factory spoiler bolts you could PM me?

View attachment 1939207

View attachment 1939209
Funny, I did the same thing. Haven’t found a lower profile fastener yet, but I did put some black rubber washers under the oem’s. I may end up buying light brackets and installing them instead

Purchased @landcruiserphjack adapter. Came complete with a couple of mints
Why is one leg shorter? I thought that was the "80's" version........

Please provide more details. The buttons in my daughters 99 are so sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Try silicone spray in the window channels. Roll the window down, spray liberally and roll the window up and down a few times. Should improve the speed.

Finally removed my roof rack. Thank you Altaf for providing me with the correct part number for the 4 cover plate mouldings. Mine did't have any Torx bolts but ordinary 12 mm bolts. I put shorter ones in the holes and the cover plates snapped right in. I am happy with the result.

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg
IMG_0564.jpg
I'm not sure if you're still on mud, but do you happen to have the correct part numbers for the four cover plate moldings? Mines an 06 LX too. Thanks man

Why is one leg shorter? I thought that was the "80's" version........

I was worried about the same thing. Emailed Phil and got this reply instantly:
"Not to worry you have the updated 100 series adapter with the 1.5" ID base (80 series uses a 2" ID base). We found using the 80 adapter on other Land Cruisers that the shorter legs gives more mounting so we updated all adapters at no additional cost. Thanks for the reminder to update our site to note the change/upgrade."
I am happy with that. Thanks @LandCruiserPhil !

Last edited:
Replaced the evaporator seal, the old one was shriveled and leaking water. Also found out that one of my new Ironman shocks is leaking oil. Back to the shop to get that taken care of. Thought it might be my CV until closer inspection.

I LOVE my JetBoil. Perfect for quick coffees in the morning. But, I also use it to quickly boil water for the Mountain House bag meals I carry on trips. Makes for super quick breakfasts with hardly any cleanup.
Thanks! I am definitely going for it, got my REI 20% off coupon ready to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom