What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, they are 295/70r18. I thought long and hard about going with 285/75r18s but I was just afraid I’d be giving up too much power towing my TT.

I can definitely tell the Toyos weigh more then the KO2s, especially braking, but it’s not too bad. I’ve got headers going on next month to maybe help a little bit with the other side of things. Hopefully I’ll be able tell a difference.

So far they are definitely louder then the KO2s but they are smooth as butter. I’m very surprised, and very happy.
Would love to hear about this travel trailer you speak of. I'm in the market, and don't want to give up my 100 for more towing capacity. What do you tow?

They sell both. I went with the lifted ones. Add for he toyota bushings.
@brando1 damm the lifted ones are for 4" lift?... Mine is only going to be like 2.5

I originally was just taking out the subwoofer (broken foam) to install something else, but my OCD wasn't having it. I cleaned everything... and I mean everything: plastic side panels, plastic covers, metals brackets, body metal, bolts, under the carpet all the way up to the foot wells, seatbelts, etc., etc. There went my Sunday :meh: Also, took the opportunity to take out the center console bracket to clean it. Anyone else seen theirs? Wasn't expecting that much rust - surprising because the rest of the interior has zero rust.

Next steps will include: Shampooing the carpet and headliner, Removing door panels and replacing speakers, removing headliner as well and dynamating the entire interior. Any place that is just absolutely overkill to dynamat?

I think it's overkill to dynomat. My 100 is pretty quiet as it is.

Would love to hear about this travel trailer you speak of. I'm in the market, and don't want to give up my 100 for more towing capacity. What do you tow?
It’s a Jayco Jayfeather 7 17XFD. It’s 3400lb dry and 4500lb fully loaded. We really like it. We towed it from Ga to Silverton, Colorado for HIH8 with my 2000 LX. The Lx is sitting on 35s and geared with 4.88s and it did well.
Before I traded in my 06 TLC on my LX570 we used the 06 to tow most of the time. The 06 was sitting on 33s and did an excellent job towing. My 570 doesn’t even know it’s there.

B4D2E3D7-625E-4B8D-85C5-073870CB7665.jpeg

I think it's overkill to dynomat. My 100 is pretty quiet as it is.
I agree, I would say that some dynomat could be helpful for deadening doors for speaker resonance, but I would be concerned with putting dynomat on the actual body(doors can be replaced). The butyl rubber can hide rust and make repairs very difficult.

I bought one Finally! Changes all fluids and removed what seemed like 10 pounds of dog hair. It's a 99 with 214K. Perfect body and a few minor things to sort. Replaced a door hinge pin with a Dorman kit but the driver door still sags a tiny bit which is causing a slight wind noise from top of the door. Ordered new hinges but not looking forward to dismantling the fender to get to the hinges.

Replaced my front corner lights with OEM clear versions. Pretty much plug-n-play with a couple of small changes.

The Toyota PNs are:
81511-60490, UNIT ASSY, FRONT TURN SIGNAL LAMP, RH
81521-60360, UNIT ASSY, FRONT TURN SIGNAL LAMP, LH

The housings are identical except for two small differences in the socket hole: 1) The bulb socket tabs need to be slightly trimmed in two places, and 2) the socket gasket needs to be slightly thicker to form a good seal.

Below left: Socket tab trimming shown in red. Below right: After trimming. FYI, I used a pair of nail clippers.

The clear housing is slightly thinner plastic so the socket gasket doesn't seal quite as tightly as with the original housing. To fix this I added a thin o-ring under the OEM gasket to beef it up a bit. I found the o-ring at my local Ace, and for reference it's the same size as this one (1/16" x ~1.05"): McMaster-Carr: 023 O-Ring

Below Left: OEM gasket removed, o-ring on bench. Center: O-ring installed. Right: OEM gasket re-installed over o-ring.

That's it! Have fun...

FINALLY got my TJM oil pan skid plate! It was around 170ish, waited almost 6 months! Feels solid and heavy. Can't wait to install it this weekend
wG5FzBf.jpg

This plus the trail tailor creeper is a smart use of $

Post pics when you get them both installed.
Yup! TT's creeper was a perfect pair with the TJM. I'm basically protected from front to T-case for about 700 bucks. I should be receiving the creeper within the week. Very excited.

That is a real head scratcher. Where do they find these morons? They should have offered you thousands of dollers NOT to post that picture anywhere.......

Got an alignment done at Firestone. Needless to say after I sent corporate the pics of the work they refunded my money. View attachment 1904430

They should have not only refunded your money, but offered to pay for another alignment at a mechanic of your choice and a new boot.

I bought one Finally! Changes all fluids and removed what seemed like 10 pounds of dog hair. It's a 99 with 214K. Perfect body and a few minor things to sort. Replaced a door hinge pin with a Dorman kit but the driver door still sags a tiny bit which is causing a slight wind noise from top of the door. Ordered new hinges but not looking forward to dismantling the fender to get to the hinges.

Haven't done it myself, but this thread details doing just that (and links to a tool that hopefully makes it much easier).

@Ayune Where did you order those through? I have seen clear ones but the Depo ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom