What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Over the course of about 10 days (not a week, but forgive me):
Replaced rear brake pads, broke a rear wheel stud, replaced said wheel stud.
View attachment 1869619
Drove 1400 miles from Virginia to Texas.
View attachment 1869625
Broke and replaced another wheel stud...
Removed all of my AHC components, except the two rear lines, which I couldn't handle at the time. Replaced everything with a 2" Tough Dog kit with the 41mm fronts and 45mm rear adjustables. View attachment 1869623
Super happy with the ride and the stance so far, no complaints at all.
View attachment 1869634
Turned around and drove another 1500 ish miles back to Virginia via a different route. The pups obviously didn't think the ride was too bad either.View attachment 1869631
10 days, 11 states, around 3000 miles, 2 broken wheel studs, 20 new lug nuts, and 2 suspension systems. No partridges though. Very successful Christmas vacation I'd say.
Look like you had a blast!!!

How is the ride with those beefier springs?

Look like you had a blast!!!

How is the ride with those beefier springs?

I'm really happy with it so far.
I've got sliders, and roll around with ~150 lbs of gear in the back (and occasionally a lot more), but I highly recommend this 0-660# TD kit. I also installed the extended sway links, and diff drop.

I took some time to dial in the rear shocks to remove a little bit of bounce, and it's great. I came from driving a silverado with the stock suspension, so I'm used to a stiffer ride over what I had with the AHC. Now it feels more like a truck, and less like a magic carpet. That's not a knock on AHC, it's a great system that has a lot of benefits, I just wanted to go a different route.

I'm really happy with it so far.
I've got sliders, and roll around with ~150 lbs of gear in the back (and occasionally a lot more), but I highly recommend this 0-660# TD kit. I also installed the extended sway links, and diff drop.

With your standard ~150ish lbs of weight, what did your rear hub to fender measurement come out to? I keep about the same weight in mine regularly and have been waiting for drawers before putting in my medium rate coils.

Today Gerry brought home a new workbench.

Well... It's gonna be. But she took 8' lumber like a pro.

With your standard ~150ish lbs of weight, what did your rear hub to fender measurement come out to? I keep about the same weight in mine regularly and have been waiting for drawers before putting in my medium rate coils.

Today Gerry brought home a new workbench.

Well... It's gonna be. But she took 8' lumber like a pro.

It was right around 23" before leaving on the trip, so it may have settled a little bit, but not much more. I cranked the fronts to 21.5", so I have about 1.5" of rake unloaded, which might be a little too much? I like how it sits though, and I don't have any ride complaints at all.

@Txcoast, is that a res-Q-me tool on parachord on the drivers grab handle? I really like that idea and never thought of doing that. Thanks!

Yeah, it is. It’s in a great spot. I just tied it at the bottom of the paracord and then wrapped the handle. I used to keep it on my keys but got tired of carrying it around. It’s not going anywhere in that spot.

New brakes, rotors, wheel bearings, spark plugs, oil, coolant, hood struts, cam/crank seals and this...

timing belt.jpg

Getting a tow. Ignition switch just broke....

can't you just use back to black auto detail products? which protect, shine, and bring back to life?
My understanding is the Back to Black products are a stain that goes over to produce the black look. If this brings oils up from the plastic, it might last longer as it might act as a self repair to the plastic, but I am not sure.

It’s not very often you find the mountains around Socorro and Magdalena NM with snow on them!
Decided to close out the kids Xmas break with an old fashioned family day trip! Really enjoyed the “1st Saturday” behind the doors tour of the VLA!
Very cool trip, and very neat place to go with the family in the 100!

5BA56253-299A-43D6-86BF-FB47A276EA19.jpeg

4D32C4EF-9E99-4550-892C-9E06C8B51AF4.jpeg

8B2EC2DE-CD41-4B41-B0FA-7E9A9D8D7118.jpeg

8FBBDF4A-3E56-4CCF-92BB-6421031E828F.jpeg

Picked up my BIOR skid plates and diff drop from shipping facility. Now I just gotta find some time and warm weather to paint them up and put them on. The plates look awesome. Really happy with them.

View attachment 1870921

They have taken quite a beating on my truck and have done a fantastic job protecting it! Money well spent! :beer::beer:

Had to play musical cars to fit the girlfriends Tucson in the garage for an oil change. Managed to get a poser pic in the process

7A23DF40-715B-4105-B88B-5D9C31CC746D.jpeg

While I was working on it she mentioned that “the steering wheel keeps shaking while I’m driving”.....:confused:

D16B6CD7-C25C-4E0B-91E1-40BD52635EA3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom