What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For my use - I think they’ll be great. I’d classify them more as a durable Mud Terrain than a Hybrid. They’re loud over 55, the lugs are huge and they have almost no siping.

I got 14mpg on my first tank which is the same as I was getting on the smaller Ridge Grapplers. They ride a little firmer than the Nittos they replaced due to the higher load index but still not HD truck stiff(running 36 psi). They drive great even at 80mph - no shakes, steer and track well.
Thanks for the response

I have been running cooper rugged treks on my tundra which are really nice but never seemed to ballance well, and given that Goodyear owns cooper now and are generally more expensive that the good years. So I am looking at options as I have 2 sets of tires to buy in the next 12 months ( tundra is rapidly approaching 50k miles on this set and the 80 are just old and showing their age from sitting) and these look great on paper for my use. You’re the 1st I have seen get a set so I appreciate the feedback as I am weighing options the lack siping is the only thing that worries me as i live in snow country I hope they release a few more sizes before my need becomes urgent.

Fresh KO2s? those look nice
They are BFG HD Terrain

1710349623917.png

Thanks for the response

I have been running cooper rugged treks on my tundra which are really nice but never seemed to ballance well, and given that Goodyear owns cooper now and are generally more expensive that the good years. So I am looking at options as I have 2 sets of tires to buy in the next 12 months ( tundra is rapidly approaching 50k miles on this set and the 80 are just old and showing their age from sitting) and these look great on paper for my use. You’re the 1st I have seen get a set so I appreciate the feedback as I am weighing options the lack siping is the only thing that worries me as i live in snow country I hope they release a few more sizes before my need becomes urgent.
I was actually able to get them in some snow the night after I put them on - disclaimer it was fresh snow and around 35 degrees out but they were great - really good traction. I drove forward through that pile of snow where the road on the other side had been plowed and never spun a tire or activated traction control. I have a feeling that might not be the same in really cold temps and ice.
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0812.jpeg

Last edited:
I was actually able to get them in some snow the night after I put them on - disclaimer it was fresh snow and around 35 degrees out but they were great - really good traction. I drove forward through that pile of snow where the rode on the other side had been plowed and never spun a tire or activated traction control. I have a feeling that might not be the same in really cold temps and ice.
View attachment 3581082View attachment 3581083
Mt lemon ???

Yeah Az winter temps are balmy for me, I spend my winters in northern MN or NW MT. Though I try to sneak down to the dirty T every so often to see my brother if I can find the time off.

Mt lemon ???

Yeah Az winter temps are balmy for me, I spend my winters in northern MN or NW MT. Though I try to sneak down to the dirty T every so often to see my brother if I can find the time off.
Yes - ski valley up on Mt Lemmon. Southern most ski resort in the northern hemisphere for those that don’t know.

On-boarding maintenance.
Thermostat
Water pump
Radiator
A bunch of coolant hoses
Fan bracket
Idler pulley
Belt tensioner
Belt
Upgrade to 180 amp alternator
Pcv valve and hose
Spark plugs

Added the TRD front sway bar while the original was out.

20240323_172130.jpg

20240322_195049.jpg

20240322_195047.jpg

20240322_195054.jpg

I wish I had a TRD Pro from the start, but I have been looking for a good year as well and this one popped up so I went for it. The flaps I just put on, Rally Armor universals. I had to trim them on the inside, pretty simple install.

Not maintenance related, but drove it to the range this morning to break in my first “can” and test some load development on the Grendel.

IMG_4653.jpeg

LOL! TRDFerguson! RIP Norm.

Bought my first Tundra. Being in Ohio this is as close to a unicorn as I'll ever get. 2011 Crew Max Limited one owner, rust free from Texas with 145k. It has some hail damage on the passenger side quarter panel and a couple rock chips in the windshield, otherwise she is a dime piece.

1711752790402.jpeg

1711752828469.jpeg

1711752862110.jpeg

Bought my first Tundra. Being in Ohio this is as close to a unicorn as I'll ever get. 2011 Crew Max Limited one owner, rust free from Texas with 145k. It has some hail damage on the passenger side quarter panel and a couple rock chips in the windshield, otherwise she is a dime piece.

View attachment 3594325
View attachment 3594329
View attachment 3594332
Nice! I have a single piece of advice. If it’s rust free from Texas and you want to protect it in Ohio.
I have found Cosmoline spray is effective bulletproof anticorrosion spray. There is a guy with an 80 from somewhere near there been spraying his for a decade and it still looks darn good.

Don’t usually do much here with my ‘07 Tundra. Cross threaded a O2 sensor. Long day. Drilled it out
TIG welded the new Vibrant SS bung and painted it back up. I always paint my exhausts. Seem to last longer.
5CBAB389-F243-4F7F-8EFA-0C74C00A0634.jpeg
57A60601-4536-4605-BB1E-F56B778D64FD.jpeg
C1AE651E-5CB8-4248-AAF6-F634A570A7BE.jpeg
91EF09CA-7910-41E8-9D21-38953F57DA3F.jpeg

Nice! I have a single piece of advice. If it’s rust free from Texas and you want to protect it in Ohio.
I have found Cosmoline spray is effective bulletproof anticorrosion spray. There is a guy with an 80 from somewhere near there been spraying his for a decade and it still looks darn good.
Thanks, already have a gallon of black fluid film waiting in the garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom