What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (85 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drove mine to work!

ForumRunner_20120922_184246.jpg

ForumRunner_20120922_184302.jpg
ForumRunner_20120922_184246.jpg
ForumRunner_20120922_184302.jpg

I did knuckles. Glad I did. Looks like the PO may have never been in there. The drivers side had about a 1/4 full of grease which was really runny. The passenger side was full of diff fluid, nasty green liquid, not much of it either. Glad the fac page has the birf rebuild info, came in handy. Next is springs and new brake line, while I have the wheels off and truck on stands. Was quite a bit of work cleaning all the parts but well worth it. I assume I saved a big chunk of change on this. Great forum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

A/C sprung another leak so I had that repaired. While my mechanic was in there, I had him swap out radiator hoses and do a coolant flush. I don't think the PO had ever done that. Took it out today and put on about 190 miles. Took the wife and boys hiking, train-spotting and geocaching up in Cajon Pass and Wrightwood, CA.

DSCF0361_zps517791c9.jpg

DSCF0359_zps65adccf9.jpg

DSCF0377_zps555fe640.jpg

@Badger11 - Gorgeous photo with the fall foliage.

I replaced the door weatherstripping on the 4 side doors with new OEM. Greatly reduced the wind noise, which was one of my pet peeves after selling the Tundra when I bought my 80. Easy project (though my neighbor broke one of my door checks when he tried to close the door while the check was disconnected to allow me to clear the weatherstripping). I got the weatherstripping from one of our friendly MUD vendors.

Sea foamed the intake. No noticeable change.

Replaced one of the rear side marker lights too...some of the remaining PO damage.

Cheers, J

Lol well I found out where my radiator is leaking from... Bottom center feels like the seam came apart ... Time to yank it out get a new one

I found the film at Fast Signs, it is a perforated vinyl laminated with another clear plastic. You can see right through it on the inside but very difficult to see into the back.. It block 90% of the light along with the factory tint. The fridge will run much cooler and more efficient using less battery power. It gets hot here in the south!

I also put 3m UV and Heat resistant films on the sunroof, DS and PS windows in the bronze tint, also a 10% tint on the front windshield that blocks all uv and most of the heat.. made a huge difference..

Here is a close up of the vinyl I put on the back windows. If you go with a not laminated vinyl it will get dirty very fast and will not clean well.
View attachment 677092

View attachment 677093

Is that wrap inside or out? You got a link to more pics of your storage setup?

Replaced the IPFs with Rigid Industries 20" E-series LED bar- Wow!
RI 20 LED.jpg

VanGo said:
Replaced the IPFs with Rigid Industries 20" E-series LED bar- Wow!

Very nice. I've been thinking of doing that myself. My headlights are brighter than my IPF's. would be nice to have some off road lights brighter than my head lights.

Decided a little love on our 1994 FZJ80 shop truck was needed.

ARB/OME 2.5" medium lift/front knuckle and brake job/rear axle and brake job/HG job with all "while-your-in-there" work/ new PS pump/ALT/Starter/new OEM rad/etc.

Just another day at the shop.

And yes, I'm doing all the work. Boss has to get greasy too.

:)
image-2432229901.jpg
image-1740564287.jpg

Nothing like having your own ( or at least the place your can use) shop to have fun

Sent from my big phone using IH8MUD

Decided a little love on our 1994 FZJ80 shop truck was needed.

ARB/OME 2.5" medium lift/front knuckle and brake job/rear axle and brake job/HG job with all "while-your-in-there" work/ new PS pump/ALT/Starter/new OEM rad/etc.

Just another day at the shop.

And yes, I'm doing all the work. Boss has to get greasy too.

:)

A little love?

Sent usin the "new" app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom