What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think he's talking about this....
I View attachment 3334744

Here is a close up.

IMG_6749.jpeg

Oil and filter change. 0w40 has been working for my motor/driving/climate.
Tire rotation.
New belts. Also checked torque on all pulleys.
I have done it the way outlined in this post and it is fast and so nice to not have to take off skid plate, fan, battery and box.
View attachment 3334761
dont forget to retention the belts after 15miles per my local alternator repair shop. if your pulley wheel s hot after shutdown, they're partially slipping, sometimes resulting in slow windows and dim headlights.

Pulled out the Bissell Pro-Pet vac and went to town on the mats and front carpeting. In the time I've had it (7 years) I've only vacuumed...after seeing the amount of black water, I'm pretty sure it's never been cleaned like that. Plus, with the water intrusion I had, there was probably unseen mold/mildew deep in the carpet fibers.

Image of the mats...the Right side is after being cleaned, Left side was just before cleaning...both of them were THAT dirty.

Also spent Saturday changing out the ignition system. PO used NGK spark plugs which I changed back to OEM along with an OEM cap/rotor; the wires are OEM and stamped from 2011 (If I remember correctly) so I don't feel a need to change them yet...but I probably will by the end of the summer.

Spark Plug photo in order of Cylinders from left to right: 6-5-4-3-2-1
Not a lot of oil buildup...I've put 24k miles on her in the time I've owned her.

Added new WellVisors window shade / deflectors. I give them 1/2 :banana: for installation and a FULL banana for frustration...but, nothing that's too difficult at all. The corner near the mirror was the spot that didn't want to connect well enough. But they are super dark and work well...HOWEVER, I do have a bit of a blind spot while turning to the left with them.

Also gave her an oil change with Shell Rotella Dino 15/40 and an OEM filter. I'm going to send a sample off to Blackstone for analysis just for peace of mind.

(Three different sets of photos incoming)

The front flooring/mats
IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

Nice dart rippers! For those that don’t know, great for smokers and car camping.
I have a set of Toyota factories I’m fixing to install.
I got to ask.... wtf is a "dart ripper"? 🤣 is that some sort of slang for a dog?

Ripping darts is slang for cig smoking. Visors help vent the rolling brick. Clear? Dogs do have nasty farts! they should help with that as well.
Gotcha!

I’m using them more for
Rain in the PNW. I don’t smoke at all, but they do help with camping, but mostly open during a rain 👍

Gotcha!

I’m using them more for
Rain in the PNW. I don’t smoke at all, but they do help with camping, but mostly open during a rain 👍
Same no smoke here. A friend called them that I thought it was funny. I love them super functional. I lived and did a lot of riding in PNW heck I road everywhere didn't own a car then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom