What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

333333.jpg

Hit a big milestone!

Installed a new accelerator cable. wow what an improvement in drivability. should have done that sooner!
Nice! What was the noticeable improvement?

Been fiddle farking with this for a few weeks.

My attempt is to see how low a cost I can re-condition this head for.

It will be done with longevity in mind.

this is soaking in Brulin 815GD turbine engine cleaning solution. Water based

202F860C-670A-4F77-B929-FCDFF8A2E2B0.jpeg

813DF8F4-2AB8-4E1B-9F85-E010D9606575.jpeg

EFCEEA40-32B4-4087-AB75-4BCF1F6C5363.jpeg

B0E4EB18-59A7-454D-A07D-340576734F79.jpeg

Okay, not an 80 on top but, that T still out flexes us, buy a significant amount!

1681778455147.png

I want to know what youre doing for fuel control, and any sort of programming/tuning.
At 5lbs it runs just fine with the factory fuel system. No diff then installing the supercharger. I have an AFR gauge reading 11:7-12:5 under boost and 14:5 give it or take at idle and cruising.

I bought some other parts if I decide to go any higher... a water to air intercooler, 550cc injectors, 340 lph aem pump, Vortech FMU and a 7th injector.

Got my 37's ! And Method Bead Grip wheels installed. This past Friday. I've actually been doing a bunch of projects for last couple months. Did my BEBS, 3.11 low range gears and 10% underdrive gear in xfer case, front sway bar disconnect, wholesale automatic extreme valve body and transmission temperature gauge.

Now gearing up for a trip to Cape Lookout

20230414_205242.jpg

20230415_174036.jpg

20230417_162100.jpg

20230210_183311.jpg

20230220_130506.jpg

Got my 37's ! And Method Bead Grip wheels installed. This past Friday. I've actually been doing a bunch of projects for last couple months. Did my BEBS, 3.11 low range gears and 10% underdrive gear in xfer case, front sway bar disconnect, wholesale automatic extreme valve body and transmission temperature gauge.

Now gearing up for a trip to Cape Lookout

View attachment 3301114

View attachment 3301123

View attachment 3301128

View attachment 3301130

View attachment 3301134

I wanna hear how you like that wholesale automatic valve body works. This is on my radar of modifications along with the transfer case re-gearing.

How much is your time worth that’s the question when I think low budget?
If have about 6 hours into this so far. Call it 3 hrs removal, 3 hrs breakdown.

I have valve grinding equipment available to use.

Quality work around here, can be not quality. I’ve been short changed several times.

So I also do my own work for that reason. I also enjoy doing this. It’s therapy

If have about 6 hours into this so far. Call it 3 hrs removal, 3 hrs breakdown.

I have valve grinding equipment available to use.

Quality work around here, can be not quality. I’ve been short changed several times.

So I also do my own work for that reason. I also enjoy doing this. It’s therapy
That’s cool, nothing like getting it done yourself the right way!!! Hope to see it back together soon!

I wanna hear how you like that wholesale automatic valve body works. This is on my radar of modifications along with the transfer case re-gearing.
The shifting is more crisp yet still smooth. I did replace my accumulator o-rings and shift solenoid o-rings while I was there. Found a valve body bolt in the bottom of my pan and that the previous owner had replaced a couple of the accumulator springs with aftermarket heavier springs. If everything was stock i may have noticed a greater difference. I haven't installed the torque converter lockup kit yet. After gears and valve body install, I got 2 mpg better fuel economy while still on 35's.

The shifting is more crisp yet still smooth. I did replace my accumulator o-rings and shift solenoid o-rings while I was there. Found a valve body bolt in the bottom of my pan and that the previous owner had replaced a couple of the accumulator springs with aftermarket heavier springs. If everything was stock i may have noticed a greater difference. I haven't installed the torque converter lockup kit yet. After gears and valve body install, I got 2 mpg better fuel economy while still on 35's.

I am glad to hear this, I am basing my modifications on need over want. "Do I need this or want"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom