What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome ! love the mo
Lots of progress on my build this weekend. Finished the drawers and bezel and got the sleeping deck installed. Loading it into a container and shipping it to Colombia this week so it’s crunch time. Changed the oil for good measure.

Love the moly panel and wood work. Yah inspiration material right there (fancy way of saying will steal some of your ideas!)

Decided to start cleaning the mess of cables in the engine bay.
Changed earth cable attached to engine block and some.how the car is running very low at startup, maybe the idle control valve got effected some how.

I need a major overhaul, it cant be small repairs too much of mess for that.
I need to buy heatshrink as well and redo the temporary fixes
View attachment 3166580

View attachment 3166581

View attachment 3166582

View attachment 3166583

View attachment 3166584
I just did some cable cleanup myself...don't worry about the low idle, it's just because you had the cables off for an extended time, like pulling the fuse for the ECU to re-set codes. Once you drive just a little bit, it'll quickly re-learn the right idle characteristics.

I just did some cable cleanup myself...don't worry about the low idle, it's just because you had the cables off for an extended time, like pulling the fuse for the ECU to re-set codes. Once you drive just a little bit, it'll quickly re-learn the right idle characteristics.
That makes sense, thank you! On that topic is there way to measure negative cable efficiency for a lack of a better word? The difference in negative cables thickness in the car is too varied and I'm sure a lot of is not done correctly.

Last edited:
Glad to be informative....I'm not great at electrical stuff, but I'd imagine that you can measure ohms from one end to the other and then diagnose poor continuity to find additional bad wires or grounds. I'm sure a simple search on ohm resistance would be helpful to get you the right numbers to look for.
That makes sense, thank you! On that topic is there way to measure negative cable efficiency for a lack of a better word? The difference in negative cables thickness in the car is too varied and I'm sure a lot of is not done correctly

A climate “activist “ superglued their hands to the back of my 80. I didn’t notice and went wheeling with the stereo cranked. When I went to wash the truck I found a very tired millennial behind the vehicle. My question: what is the best way to get thiss barnacle off my 80 without damaging the paint?
I think a chainsaw is the correct tool for that project.

Gauge cluster lamp change and at the same time I corrected the oil pressure gauge to read zero when shut off. It was pegged at the lower stop.

4AF9D8A1-E426-41A9-9FC7-A900BC4BFECF.jpeg

Gauge cluster lamp change and at the same time I corrected the oil pressure gauge to read zero when shut off. It was pegged at the lower stop.

View attachment 3166808
Oh this looks awesome, natural light color or did you use colored bulbs

Glad to be informative....I'm not great at electrical stuff, but I'd imagine that you can measure ohms from one end to the other and then diagnose poor continuity to find additional bad wires or grounds. I'm sure a simple search on ohm resistance would be helpful to get you the right numbers to look for.

In wiring on aircraft we consider anything more than 10 ohms an open. But in general .2-2 ohms is norm@/

Oh this looks awesome, natural light color or did you use colored bulbs
I just removed the green condom from the original bulb and slipped it over the new bulb.

20221113_110814.jpg

Red Head is freakin' awesome!

They turned around my steering gear in 24 hours and I had it back in my 80 just eight days after I shipped it out. If it wasn't for mud, I never would have known of this service so, thanks!

View attachment 3166951

Red Head is freakin' awesome!

They turned around my steering gear in 24 hours and I had it back in my 80 just eight days after I shipped it out. If it wasn't for mud, I never would have known of this service so, thanks!

Was this a stock rebuild or did you have them upgrade it with the 105 sector shaft?

A climate “activist “ superglued their hands to the back of my 80. I didn’t notice and went wheeling with the stereo cranked. When I went to wash the truck I found a very tired millennial behind the vehicle. My question: what is the best way to get thiss barnacle off my 80 without damaging the paint?
Man you boomers and your odd fantasies 😂

Got my cruiser cleaned out as she’s going into the shop tomorrow…theough my LC shop, they recommended a glass place that knows how to deal with the Land Cruiser windshield gasket R/R…picked up the gasket (OEM) last week and labor will be $150

They aren’t replacing the glass as it’s original and no marks, scratches, or cracks 👍

The factory gasket is super brittle in a lot of places and I think the PO tried to pull it; it’s been pried back in the inside also so they could run a mic wire. ALSO, there’s a bit of bubbling on the passenger side, and it looks like it’s coming up on the very bottom.

Here are some pics of the gasket.

BF117772-C79C-4CAD-BF73-22B549C76A4A.jpeg

3514A4D0-283B-40BB-8FD6-5F958C8B3080.jpeg

7ED6E9EB-28C3-47A3-B89E-94560D7D933A.jpeg

542C7CED-6FC9-4F2E-9180-F9F5ECBFF5EE.jpeg

15A11536-90B3-4289-AB22-C5F48C8783B2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom