What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (136 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New wheels and Tires. SCS F5 Matte Gunmetal / 17x9

Yokohama-Geolandar X-AT 37 X13.50R17

53312D5F-F5E2-4F1B-85ED-6E011DA3F459.jpeg
D5D6B472-7AFB-4C9A-BFA9-F1673806BBA8.jpeg

New front rotors, pads, and replaced all the hub hardware such as the studs, cone washers, etc. Cleaned and repacked the hub bearings while I was there.

As a side note, I don't think I'll ever run uncoated rotors again. The ones I replaced today weren't and therecwere literally chunks of rust falling out of the slots. Same with my 2015 Camry.

Second side note. My Milwaukee 1/2" M18 impact gun may be the best tool I've ever purchased for the Land Tank. As long as I take it easy on the uggu duggas, no problems at all. :rofl:

yes but you have to drill new holes, probably something I should of done instead. Might stil go that route.
Time to pony up for a Labs bumper brah...:cool:

yeah chang, buy once and cry once.....take one big s*** not small rabbit s***/!!

dont know what youre going to do with that small hole in the rear? its too small to do anything with!

Back out again for a couple days. Camped in a sweet spot on top of a mountain outside of Estes Park. My brother is in town so it was hammock camping this time. The forest service roads were a lot of fun to climb with the cruiser. Drove up to the top of Trail Ridge Rd. in Rocky Mtn. National Park on Friday. It was glorious and never fails to impress no matter how many times I'm up there. All that within an hour of the house. Amazing place to live.

Here's a short video of the ascent to the campsite. It was rougher down the hill and a lot of fun. The beauty is incredible and soundtrack was perfect for those roads :smokin:.

IMG_8602.JPG
IMG_8640.JPG
IMG_8665.JPG
IMG_8682.JPG

Last edited:
Enjoyed the day, did work on the 80. All fluids and flush done. Today new brakes on all 4.

A71A33D3-3260-49C4-92A2-D07701BF65A3.jpeg

Yeah seriously thought about it, 1800 buck so I can mount my 200 dollar bike rack is a little hard to justify. Fortunately I have some time before the next group buy to think it over.

After 2 years of adjusting my pinion angle, swapping u-joints, etc... I finally installed a custom double cardan rear shaft to keep the vibes at bay. (Roaring noise with vibe when letting off gas when traveling above 75mph). Just did a nice drive to the mountains and so far it's fixed. Vibes really only started after I installed 4.88 gears.

Driveshaft made locally at a shop that's been doing driveshafts for many years for the Baja race trucks. They insisted on using the Spicer 1310x Life Series U-joints. We'll see how it lasts... just happy vibes are gone for now.

20191005_085416.jpg

A little tannerite and a failed dishwasher keep a 10 year tradition alive. (We haul out more trash than we contribute.)

Nice look! What size BFG’s?

315/75/16. I had BFG KO 285/75/16’s previously and were way overdue. No rubbing except where the tailpipe came too close to the right rear. Fixed that and am good.

After 2 years of adjusting my pinion angle, swapping u-joints, etc... I finally installed a custom double cardan rear shaft to keep the vibes at bay. (Roaring noise with vibe when letting off gas when traveling above 75mph). Just did a nice drive to the mountains and so far it's fixed. Vibes really only started after I installed 4.88 gears.

Driveshaft made locally at a shop that's been doing driveshafts for many years for the Baja race trucks. They insisted on using the Spicer 1310x Life Series U-joints. We'll see how it lasts... just happy vibes are gone for now.

View attachment 2100458

I had mine rebuild at a local shop that used spicer u-joints. They didn't last long. I replaced it with a stock version made by mr. toyota. I am using the Slee double cardan front shaft. Works great. I was having vibrations in the rear and it wound up being the bearing in the rear nose of my transfer case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom