What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Before

truck1.jpg

After
truck2.jpg

Last edited:
How did you do it and what paint?
Peeled the chrome off since it was about gone anyway. I soaked it in Super Clean for about an hour to soften up things as well. Then hit it will 180 grit sandpaper and prepsol. After it was dry, 4 coats of self-etching primer then let it back in the sun for about an hour. Finally hit it VHT graphite wheel paint. Once that dried, VHT matte clearcoat.

Did some camping, wasn’t bad...
4BCFD3F7-3CED-482F-93AF-E23A33128508.jpeg
51312A18-7768-4682-BD7D-4AC8C9092DA3.jpeg
04569309-4BFF-4C9E-8F49-FEFBEA2C421F.jpeg

What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno
Have had my cruiser for just a week now. Towed the boat to the lake this weekend for the first time. Fixed the PWR switch- works now! Bought 3rd row seats, now need the brackets. Ordered a part to fixing the AC. Lots of quick fix projects to do. Having fun!

Found a giant puddle in both front floorboards after a rain😕. I usually leave it in the carport so I never noticed before.

Guess I'll be cleaning out the sunroof drains and checking windshield moulding very soon.
I just put a new windshield in and the gasket is still available, easy to put in a stopped my wet passenger floor.

Put in a new radiator. My ScanGauge was telling me I was running 220 degrees the other day riding trails. So I figured a new radiator would help. So with the new radiator in I am running 190 sometimes getting up to 200 (I am in the Alabama heat). I guess the next step is the blue fan clutch.

What temps are you guys running? Any other suggestions on how to get my temp lower?

Radiator 1.jpg

Radiator 2.jpg

Put in a new radiator. My ScanGauge was telling me I was running 220 degrees the other day riding trails. So I figured a new radiator would help. So with the new radiator in I am running 190 sometimes getting up to 200 (I am in the Alabama heat). I guess the next step is the blue fan clutch.

What temps are you guys running? Any other suggestions on how to get my temp lower?

View attachment 2049853

View attachment 2049854
Which one did you end up going with?

View attachment 2049853

View attachment 2049854
220 is way too hot....200 is not. So I wouldn't worry about it at all. You can always go with a WitsEnd modded fan if you are really concerned about it. People are chasing temps too much especially when they are well within (and often times well under) factory specs.
and yeah, What radiator did you choose? I am finishing installing one today for a friend. His last one only lasted a couple years.

Which one did you end up going with?
I got the DENSO radiator off Rock Auto. It was only $160.00. Its plastic but this is not a long term solution for me. I plan on getting a better one sometime down the line. There are just other things I need to do to the LC that I would rather spend the money one. A buddy of mine bought the DENSO and its been working good for him but hes only had it for 3 months or so.

I got the DENSO radiator off Rock Auto. It was only $160.00. Its plastic but this is not a long term solution for me. I plan on getting a better one sometime down the line. There are just other things I need to do to the LC that I would rather spend the money one. A buddy of mine bought the DENSO and its been working good for him but hes only had it for 3 months or so.
Should work good for you and that's a good price. There's a lot of discussion about which radiator is best and which ones suck but for sure there is never a concise answer because everyone has different results.

220 is way too hot....200 is not. So I wouldn't worry about it at all. You can always go with a WitsEnd modded fan if you are really concerned about it. People are chasing temps too much especially when they are well within (and often times well under) factory specs.
and yeah, What radiator did you choose? I am finishing installing one today for a friend. His last one only lasted a couple years.

I am considering the Witts End fan clutch but its not cheap. We have an extra old fan clutch laying around and I think we are going to try replacing the oil in it to the same oil that is in the Witts End Clutch. We will see though.

What radiator did your buddy have that didn't last very long for him?....please don't tell me its the DENSO. HAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom