What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope your beautiful 80 didnt catch the pink-eye from that angry jeep.

What area is thag in. I see near grandfather. You were in a good spot there with a few nice subtle trails near by

Checked out an abandoned 1920s Appalachian ridgeline lodge. Spring fed swimming pool, Barns/stables and residence all gone but foundations remain. That’d be some chilly swimming!

Masonry when it was an honored craft let alone necessity.
B3F2AD49-A590-41C1-B638-214212BD3907.jpeg

Ok great thanks. I'm thinking I'll need to go that route. Did you adjust pinion up towards the transfercase?

So what happens when a .50cal meets an #80Series? I wouldn’t know. But you CAN see what happens when a cheap Walmart .22 ammo goes through the windshield 😳

This is a tale of Bubba (name changed to protect the dumb). Bubba had a crack in his windshield and was planning on changing out his windshield. Bubba thought it would be a stupendous idea to find out for sure how a .22 round would interact with the windshield. You know, for #RedneckScience

Turns out that the front windshield, some wet furni pad, some seats, a spare tire and the rear window wasn’t enough to slow the pure unadulterated energy of, YES a .22 round 😂🤣😂🤣 Anyone got a Toyota rear hatch glass they don’t need anymore? I know someone that could really use one 🤣😂

So what happens when a .50cal meets an #80Series? I wouldn’t know. But you CAN see what happens when a cheap Walmart .22 ammo goes through the windshield 😳

This is a tale of Bubba (name changed to protect the dumb). Bubba had a crack in his windshield and was planning on changing out his windshield. Bubba thought it would be a stupendous idea to find out for sure how a .22 round would interact with the windshield. You know, for #RedneckScience

Turns out that the front windshield, some wet furni pad, some seats, a spare tire and the rear window wasn’t enough to slow the pure unadulterated energy of, YES a .22 round 😂🤣😂🤣 Anyone got a Toyota rear hatch glass they don’t need anymore? I know someone that could really use one 🤣😂

View attachment 1908778View attachment 1908779

Wait what!?!?!?!???!? I know you live in west hills but didn’t know the west hills is that kind of hills.

Hmmmm...the Asian wheeling homies pack the big guns. .22 cal must be from the 1 white boy you hang with...:hmm:

see what happens when a cheap Walmart .22 ammo goes through the windshield 😳

View attachment 1908778

Thats a pretty dumb move on the windshield, he could have at least tried it from the inside out.

Try shooting safety glasses sometime, youd be surprised.
But with the utter stupidity actions blessed with room for intellectual growth, shown above I should elaborate, make sure no one is wearing the safety glasses when you shoot them. Actually maybe just don't involve yourself with bubba anymore

Last edited:
Hope your beautiful 80 didnt catch the pink-eye from that angry jeep.

What area is thag in. I see near grandfather. You were in a good spot there with a few nice subtle trails near by

We came into the trail on 194 south bound near turtle creek lane. Not sure i should say exactly where as we later found we should have not been there :slap:

Did anyone or anything get injured behind the truck, or was the spare kind enough to contain it?

Got the 37s mounted on beadlocks last night and tested out the flex with a fork lift.
G2kcuHs.jpg

ft1AN6V.jpg

I've never had hands on a beadlock wheel.

Why does ONLY the outside bead have the clamp on it?

Does the inside bead never get pushed loose or is it about the ROTATION that breaks the bead, and not the sideways push?

Shouldn't BOTH beads have a beadlock on them?

I've never had hands on a beadlock wheel.

Why does ONLY the outside bead have the clamp on it?

Does the inside bead never get pushed loose or is it about the ROTATION that breaks the bead, and not the sideways push?

Shouldn't BOTH beads have a beadlock on them?

If you look at your wheel with the tire off, you'll notice the diameter narrows an inch or two in from the outer lip.

On the inner lip it stays wider for like 3 or 4", this shape is common to almost all tubeless wheels, and the inner shape keeps the rubber on better, and prevents air loss a bit if the rubber is momentarily knocked inwards of the bead.

Installing a tire requires the more narrow section towards the outer lip in order to get the tire on and off.

The short answer is that it is apparently very rare to lose a bead from the inner lip.

Edit: I agree, those beadlocks look pretty good above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom