What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work!!

Too bad you couldn’t set up trail cams (I know, it’s such a vast area) then dump all of the trash on their front yard.

Shooters are pigs, do you think they would notice or care?

Starting on a deep clean
4C1EB064-2D41-4E68-BE19-1DB141070110.jpeg

D47632AB-B44F-4965-8B1A-EE4698E500F5.jpeg

Honestly, do you think all shooters are that way? You are making an assumption, a few bad apples do not represent me or other shooters.

I for one take a blue tarp out with me when I go shooting. It makes cleaning up my cases a lot easier, just grab the corners and fold. Then if I so choose I will recycle my brass or take it to one of the indoor/outdoor ranges and give to them.

Honestly, do you think all shooters are that way? You are making an assumption, a few bad apples do not represent me or other shooters.

I for one take a blue tarp out with me when I go shooting. It makes cleaning up my cases a lot easier, just grab the corners and fold. Then if I so choose I will recycle my brass or take it to one of the indoor/outdoor ranges and give to them.

Never mind him. He has a long history of hatred.
Nobody asked him to do the clean up, he volunteers and then complains about the work he's done. :meh:
Somebody raise a statue for him quick!

Definitely not a one statement fits all.....

Sighted in a new red dot for the 10/22 a couple weeks back. The area I frequent is visible from a main road very clean and it see tons of traffic.

WIfOPFbIkFn0ULX6RVZzELedFuTjeilOrBTX9_uY8hCPVbDBUf9A_F2TQFKgtMuQuAqJ30fUGPg__14GzbaZ_prr-YTWn46PdeOyaRsbotNXfGodelLkjI9w_BHft2pQQ3GLeBuBhdJGjLZtdNnXQABuAItOCWj7u-6XQrU4uH44fPFc4kk5ykEb97XEzLNQ3_UDFEtwAUPhxM_UrNDIsNpEcRJV_IS1J8aXbz96efxtAVnID5imS_d05jgCP7KYnCI9R33Bp2WmF2f96gOpP1XJNs5R8lAfE6Z4uGPmgQXKeqrKt8u9Ge7lDF3UyNyCYzmIgw3jiN_5maysHyLCJh6BA6ezm6Kd1XJ3FBtlNKE37XSsivKRF3A5viMgv7_acfX0OJusbqY0197ZuwR4Xqleje9ITHH3zD0X5v4JmLQMeyo7HQI8jdjWmc40QmQqWJSISCDF5yqE52ZwHPnXjYj2O7_H5XSZnTStm5fA9Fu3MFzHyBo6mjLm-VbgTLdEwE6-mpPuUUFK_1ggPhBXZ8Q0M26LYVqCFs4bF_HSq6DwI57dgvipJriIy4em-N1jLELASVMSqCAw9jax_R7R1tJ6GAWDj6iIYsRLk-YTZxUIz_jUjHGCCp0Cg-UGs2rAi73Kc2CoL5k2FcpFNwZy--AlfQ=w1668-h938-no

bmGhWt7YhzbEYX6v6VyCpidneAzagKKJIrT2vI9-eFquqL-dMlLsEUZnde6cxvIZ7KZh5y5kffGR1TjEleE4CjOCt773BLh6cvrX-OrJRCo0nvk4MQy9BXY74Xmesx_FNz6HYbSlyW8AXohL9ohh7V1_K_03amSfCDNMl9Y1Q0Qak4-tuUi27v5eoEW6TUwSKTrec0Pnoq1bQ-2rWWZsbD5MDZ7u8iGkuegIKEjWSK3n4gaiPIQ4ODWLFXc58JJH751pOvE9PJjqQuVpi31x2GUo11D9_hXUeLauLkTsP8L-eavWu1wsHznt5K2e0FT8PR1UaSH3XjCoOfmFgT2NRDVLrLFUoSt-E9Y4HPmzRdXvkLMS1g7uyPLRz_wrEL-cPFqLQW_IIH8n44EQ1nYCIAdMhs_sbicN6j9uHSHtP_ZLmTy7HyPln9WHxxXMPfmp0FP5ngA2m-_tHUbupseqRuPypqvFvvHbvCOeG6sXu6aJtQtDjD-xXWisIHnjqIBQg4pl4_cJPM3yjeE2jN3kNlg3ySmhY_PFWsyqFW-ij9WXnZ0hwbAabUCNS8XlvXsgD8hK86CshYfQ-RkgT4D1aJLNT6wpaB-MoURDUQTxwb-poqUOPZK219Bn2aswpvkbMCKcStWMKR2Gv5z1coLSloe4Hw=w1668-h938-no

Front axle service with new bearings all around and new driver-side spindle @ 247K
Grrrrr from 40-55mph is gone!

Replaced hood and rear hatch struts.

Grrrrr!!!!!!

IMG_20181103_112029.jpg

Good on you, that is the best way! Most shooters we talk with say that is how it should be done, but rarely see it done. Why is it a well protected secret? The response is always; I police the area, pickup others junk, etc. If any of this really happened, why are other groups removing tons of trigger trash from Tonto every year?

We attend dozens of recreation related events and meetings, work with just about every type of group imaginable. They all realize there are bad apples in every group, they own them and attempt to mitigate/solve that impact. Locally the shooting community denies/ignores the problem.

The agencies are tasked with protecting/preserving our public land, but they have little budget, almost zero for recreation. If there are costly/destructive problems, their main tool is closure, something that some of us work to prevent. Groups that have active elements, work to solve problems, improve recreation experience, have a voice, those who ignore the opportunity don't. The way the agencies see it, responsible people don't stand by, step up to own, attempt to resolve problems. They attend events, meetings, so know who is serious.

There has been minor progress. Overwatch Precision put on a small cleanup at Lower Sycamore, maybe too little, too late, but is a start? Hopefully not a one and done, they can get others to support, etc. Other than that, after a decade of OHV work, the number of shooter first people that I have seen at events and events could be counted on fingers, very disappointing.

Good on you, that is the best way! Most shooters we talk with say that is how it should be done, but rarely see it done. Why is it a well protected secret? The response is always; I police the area, pickup others junk, etc. If any of this really happened, why are other groups removing tons of trigger trash from Tonto every year?

We attend dozens of recreation related events and meetings, work with just about every type of group imaginable. They all realize there are bad apples in every group, they own them and attempt to mitigate/solve that impact. Locally the shooting community denies/ignores the problem.

The agencies are tasked with protecting/preserving our public land, but they have little budget, almost zero for recreation. If there are costly/destructive problems, their main tool is closure, something that some of us work to prevent. Groups that have active elements, work to solve problems, improve recreation experience, have a voice, those who ignore the opportunity don't. The way the agencies see it, responsible people don't stand by, step up to own, attempt to resolve problems. They attend events, meetings, so know who is serious.

There has been minor progress. Overwatch Precision put on a small cleanup at Lower Sycamore, maybe too little, too late, but is a start? Hopefully not a one and done, they can get others to support, etc. Other than that, after a decade of OHV work, the number of shooter first people that I have seen at events and events could be counted on fingers, very disappointing.

Someone in this thread stated that it was primarily “Mexican” or “Latino” shooters because “that is their culture”. Shockingly, nobody on this forum defended them or got offenddd by that statement. Unlike the shooters getting all offended by your statement.

Thank you and everyone else that cleans up after the lazy, goodfornothing, a$$holes that leave trash behind.

For the record, the majority of us know that you don’t post about this for a “statue” but rather to raise awareness that if people don’t start pitching in and picking up them eventually trails will get closed.

Added yellow amber light bar, ready for the snow storm/ this winter, at least I hope there will be snow storms this winter.

See if you can mount the yellow light bar hanging down from the top ARB bar. You got 2 tabs there.
Less interference with radiator airflow, cause you know... 100 pages of Joey's woes is enough for one forum.
Second, it will be a little more protected from UV rays so the lens won't get opaque.

See if you can mount the yellow light bar hanging down from the top ARB bar. You got 2 tabs there.
Less interference with radiator airflow, cause you know... 100 pages of Joey's woes is enough for one forum.
Second, it will be a little more protected from UV rays so the lens won't get opaque.

Will look into that, think the top mounting holes are wider so might not fit.

Someone in this thread stated that it was primarily “Mexican” or “Latino” shooters because “that is their culture”. Shockingly, nobody on this forum defended them or got offenddd by that statement. Unlike the shooters getting all offended by your statement.

Thank you and everyone else that cleans up after the lazy, goodfornothing, a$$holes that leave trash behind.

For the record, the majority of us know that you don’t post about this for a “statue” but rather to raise awareness that if people don’t start pitching in and picking up them eventually trails will get closed.

Yep, wont be in this game long, if you don't learn who to ignore, sometimes it's more obvious than others.:hillbilly: It's always easier to blame others than take action and responsibility.

Not a new problem, there has been significant study into how to solve it. From what I have seen, it's shared across ethnic lines, with the exception being African Americans, but they are pretty rare in public lands recreation. The biggest group is kind of a tossup, flat bill or skin head types, next older graying/balding types? Overall who isn't important, someone stepping up is.

Yep, wont be in this game long, if you don't learn who to ignore, sometimes it's more obvious than others.:hillbilly: It's always easier to blame others than take action and responsibility.

Not a new problem, there has been significant study into how to solve it. From what I have seen, it's shared across ethnic lines, with the exception being African Americans, but they are pretty rare in public lands recreation. The biggest group is kind of a tossup, flat bill or skin head types, next older graying/balding types? Overall who isn't important, someone stepping up is.

I don't care how you try to spin this; your first comment said all shooters are pigs. So that to me is African Americans, Mexican, Whites, Asians, Flat billed bros, etc.

I understand your trying to justify your actions but do not include me with the others. I have on my own cleaned up shooting areas in Tonto and never asked for recognition or help. I love the outdoors and want it to be around for my kids as well.

Don't think your group is the only one that gets out and cleans. The AZ Xterra club has gotten out and cleaned up shooting areas, my shop True Shot Gun Club has looked into to sponsoring clean-up events as well.

The agencies are tasked with protecting/preserving our public land, but they have a little budget, almost zero for recreation. If there are costly/destructive problems, their main tool is closure, something that some of us work to prevent. Groups that have active elements, work to solve problems, improve recreation experience, have a voice, those who ignore the opportunity don't. The way the agencies see it, responsible people don't stand by, step up to own, attempt to resolve problems. They attend events, meetings, so know who is serious.

Maybe the agencies responsible for the area need to be more proactive and hand out fines to those people that do not clean up after themselves. When I lived in California and shot on BLM I spoke with several BLM rangers. They would watch shooter, and if they did not clean up after themselves, they would write them a citation.

But I am not going to get into this anymore this is "about what we did to your land cruisers". Not two guys fighting about s***bags.

Maybe the agencies responsible for the area need to be more proactive and hand out fines to those people that do not clean up after themselves. When I lived in California and shot on BLM I spoke with several BLM rangers. They would watch shooter, and if they did not clean up after themselves, they would write them a citation.

But I am not going to get into this anymore this is "about what we did to your land cruisers". Not two guys fighting about s***bags.

They do hand out as many tickets as possible, but due to budget cuts, there is only one law enforcement officer for the whole Mesa district! Cant be everywhere at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom