What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (89 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's nice of that van to take care of loading that little blue fat kid next to it with some steps. He looks like he should maybe run behind the van for a few miles though. I would film that, for posterity.

I don't even know about those trucks. It all just seems so crazy to me. I could probably do some of that sort of thing where I live, but there are more trees and less snow. Those tires are just bonkers to me though as far as something that I would want to drive 70 mph on the interstate for 8 hours in though. I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around how these guys pay for those rigs too. I mean, if you guys are buying, I will build a glacier mobile. ;)
they work for the terrain there, a friend of mine has one and lives there nothing like here or northwest. and some people are really into thier rigs, I love mine. and use it a LOT
Yeah thinking about going to HF today to get one. I have more cables and connectors coming tomorrow, also a bus bar with cover. Originally I was going to have a power/battery meter but stupid thing has exposed terminals so I scraped the idea. My regongy solar panel is coming next week, it's starting to come together after gathering dust in my garage forever. Even my SPOD has power now, just need to wire up light bars once this project is done.

Will definitely post a picture in a new thread to get ideas and critiques. :cheers:

Also coming in via brown santa is ARB awning and awning room, my wallet is a lot lighter now and days but my MPG still hasn't improved. :doh:
I used a bussman fuse/relay under hood in place of the Cruise control box and then used factory switches, let me know how you like the spod. I also have a bussman grounding bar they are good to go.

I used a bussman fuse/relay under hood in place of the Cruise control box and then used factory switches, let me know how you like the spod. I also have a bussman grounding bar they are good to go.

The SPOD is very clean and elegant design with very good quality. ARB’s new fancy computer control system is very cool but you still need a spod to run it, then the touch screen spod is also cool but pricey and not gaining anything besides the cool factor.

I highly recommend the SPOD for light bars and such.

Last edited:
Two tents? Kids in one, parents in the other?

I'm curious how you will lay that out.

Ones for me the other is for another fellow 80 owner. He rode down with me and we loaded them up. I totally underestimated the weight and size of the tents, should have brought a trailer. Would have made the 2 hour ride home a little less worry some.

I figured he was putting one on the 80 and one in the Tercel Wagon...

BWAHAAAHAAA as dead as the rear shocks are on the Tercel that would have made for an interesting ride.

The hate is because the FJ Cruiser was dubbed at an ode to the 40 Series and it isn’t anything of the sort. It’s a poser rig.

They are fine. Just like Tacos and 4Runners and Sequoias and Tundras. But they are not Land Cruisers.

B20A6632-58CA-420D-9044-6B58D1B2C9F3.jpeg

Have a leaking front diff and it wound up ruining my Caster bushing. Didn’t notice till the truck started driving all squirrely. Might as well change them all out. Two notes: replacing these bushings in the second go around is much easier and quieter :p and use a dry penetrant makes insertion easier :doh:

D701ED3A-1314-40E1-A4C2-8A06294A49B4.jpeg
47134376-691D-464B-AEC8-9B2AE5B3F416.jpeg
28E0A32A-737F-4BB6-A893-E455F8937103.jpeg
92A4EAE7-6AB0-48B3-9262-49E636828F45.jpeg

Very nice. Would love to see where and pictures - I need to go back!

Will definitely post pics. We are excited! It’s supposed to be super cool!

Looks like the fan took out the radiator after punching the throttle pretty hard. Sad day...

IMG_0093.JPG

Have a leaking front diff and it wound up ruining my Caster bushing. Didn’t notice till the truck started driving all squirrely. Might as well change them all out. Two notes: replacing these bushings in the second go around is much easier and quieter :p and use a dry penetrant makes insertion easier :doh:

View attachment 1723479 View attachment 1723480 View attachment 1723481 View attachment 1723482

Do you know where I can get some correctly sized bushings to remove those......bushings? I need to do this on my truck, too. All front lateral control rod, control arms, rear upper and lower control arms and rear lateral control rod.

Bought a little friend for the 80 yesterday. Will serve as my DD and family hauler. Notice which one still has dibs on the garage though. I feel like i'm morphing into @Aloha Jen . I just need a 60, boyfriend, and beach bod...one step at a time :rolleyes:
20180615_090002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom