What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Yeah I just picked up an Interstate 27 deep cycle blem for 80 bucks yesterday. Interstate for some reason doesn't make an AGM 27 and my starting battery is already regular lead acid so I figured I would just save a couple of bucks and stick with regular batteries.

On that note, last night i bolted my twin compressor to Wits'end rear quarter panel, also bolted on the inverter. Ordered some cables from amazon so I just MIGHT finish up up dual battery, solar and rear quarter panel over haul project this weekend!
dude get a hydraulic crimper any self respecting LC should have the abilty to make as many custom seroius leads as they may ever need, post up pic of QP insert.

Checked my tuna can. Good to go :lol:
28894134308_5e33996fc5_b.jpg

Thanks!
For us SoCal'rs, 15 and 70 will be the core routes with some deviations.

Nope, not the first drop off.
I have done the moving in dorm thing the last 2 years and gotten comfortable eating at the Shake Shack at JFK. She is renting an apartment for the next two and wanted her own car to travel to conferences in the Tri State area. The Prius should serve her well after she graduates - its a Toyota!

Good luck to your kids!

Hit the shack shack at JFK last September - nice change for airport food.
Best of luck to yours as well!

My youngest is in an apt for her junior year as well and we shipped her car out last semester.

UPDATE:

We just had an afternoon shower that lasted about an hour. The rainfall was moderate to heavy with gusty winds; my LC was in the driveway without any type of cover. The panels stayed on, and there were only a couple of small drops of water inside each window. (I think those drops hit the top of the bottom louver and bounced in through the screen of the top louver.) I'm calling that a successful test!

UPDATE #2:

I made a louvered, screened panel for one of the rear sliding windows:

P92Qb01.jpg

NfAbzYR.jpg

Now I guess the trick will be to keep bats out of them. :rofl:

dude get a hydraulic crimper any self respecting LC should have the abilty to make as many custom seroius leads as they may ever need, post up pic of QP insert.

Yeah thinking about going to HF today to get one. I have more cables and connectors coming tomorrow, also a bus bar with cover. Originally I was going to have a power/battery meter but stupid thing has exposed terminals so I scraped the idea. My regongy solar panel is coming next week, it's starting to come together after gathering dust in my garage forever. Even my SPOD has power now, just need to wire up light bars once this project is done.

Will definitely post a picture in a new thread to get ideas and critiques. :cheers:

Also coming in via brown santa is ARB awning and awning room, my wallet is a lot lighter now and days but my MPG still hasn't improved. :doh:

Well its not the weekend yet, but I ordered a remanned steering gear and pump form rock auto and already had a used box I found in colorado, so with some advice from @cruiserdan I got the pitman arm OFF the used box with a puller arm impact (OTC) and a final rap with a ball peen to get it to release so now on to removing my steering gear and pump and swapping in new, the steering box on my truck has seen better days and is leaking like you read about in perhaps leaking power steering gear magazine, at any rate Im attempting to install this bad larry and see what happens standby.

DSCN6488.JPG

DSCN6489.JPG

DSCN6490.JPG

Yeah thinking about going to HF today to get one. I have more cables and connectors coming tomorrow, also a bus bar with cover. Originally I was going to have a power/battery meter but stupid thing has exposed terminals so I scraped the idea. My regongy solar panel is coming next week, it's starting to come together after gathering dust in my garage forever. Even my SPOD has power now, just need to wire up light bars once this project is done.

Will definitely post a picture in a new thread to get ideas and critiques. :cheers:

Also coming in via brown santa is ARB awning and awning room, my wallet is a lot lighter now and days but my MPG still hasn't improved. :doh:
cheap and well worth it

DSCN6486.JPG

DSCN6487.JPG

The hydraulic crimper is definitely worth it. I picked up one from Amazon and have crimped new started cables and all my dual battery cables. Some decent heat shrink tubing and the whole thing looks like a professional did it.

:hillbilly:

crimpus.jpg

Now that you both the Patrol and 80 in your garage, could you give us a more objective comparison in terms of suspension? And whatever else strikes you as good or different.

I'll be installing a 3" Tough Dog lift, 35s, 4.88s and full armor on the Patrol. Details to follow in another thread soon to start.

J

Now that you both the Patrol and 80 in your garage, could you give us a more objective comparison in terms of suspension? And whatever else strikes you as good or different.

I have 3 of the 90-93 Patrols coming in for lifts and armor mods. The Portland importer and I have started working closely together. Lot's of these in the works from this importer. The diesel in this rig cracks off before the starter fully cycles and the power is incredible in comparison to other yota turbo diesels I've been around.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom