What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a link to that? I will just order that and send these others back. Thanks for the tip.

NAPA EP35L or equivalent. This is what I used and my LED flashers have worked great for two years. There is a jumper/adapter on the base of the stock flasher that I can't remember if you need to use or not (it only works in one position).

Link to equivalent flasher on Amazon.
Amazon.com: CEC Industries EF35L Electronic Turn Signal Flasher Relay, LED Compatible, 3 Prongs, 12 Volts: Automotive

Thread discussing the process (search and there are several threads on this).
LED Turn Signal Turbo Blinker Fix

Got a flasher switch on obey for $15 and took all of 5 minutes to use it for my locking center diff switch! Super easy to get super excited...haha
Life's simple pleasures...oh...and walked on a frozen lake without falling through too. :bounce::bounce2:

Installed my 013 Tuffy console. Pictures on that soon. I decided to put a rocker switch bank where the stereo would go. Didn't get to wiring that this weekend. I mounted a holster inside. Next weekend I'll be wiring it all up. Installed my Wits End fire extinguisher bracket. As much as I didn't want to spend the money on this upgrade I am really glad that I did. Its a great fit and is well worth the cost. Very well engineered. ALso got the license plate light wired on my Slee bumper.

Little wheeling at a new nea property in Granby mass today.

20170129_141429.jpg
20170129_123419.jpg

Last edited:
Got my new Magnaflow Y pipe and Cat's installed. Sounds much better now! I will have to take it to an exhaust shop to have the flange on the tail pipe section cut off and replaced as the original one is warped and I can't get a solid seal on the 2nd Cat. Regardless it sounds much better and one more thing off the list.

Wasnt going to go anywhere for the weekend but some how ended up in the Silver State at Virginia City!

So much history here, got a late start so will go back again soon to see more....;)

LX-450ing HWY395 to Carson City

Walked the cemetery

Then ended up in Lake Tahoe

007.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

Hwy395 through that area down to Red Mountain is one of my favorite pavement drives.

Walked into the garage to find a puddle of gear oil dripping down the inside of the DS rear tire onto the floor. Guess I'm looking at a failed oil seal. Fortunately, I just did a rear axle service with bearings, races, etc this past summer so it's fresh in my mind how it all comes apart. I guess putting back together is the trick (thinking possible user error on my part).

IMG_5358.JPG
IMG_5359.JPG
IMG_5360.JPG
Test fit the bumper and winch. A little more trimming and it will be ready for paint.

looks good. you guys never seem to worry about proper protection lol, mustn't have the same issues with wildlife that we do

I've been driving for 25 years in the US, including a stint driving truck. I've dodged moose, deer, a cougar, cows, people, pets, and sheep. The only thing I've hit was small enough to go under the bumper.

Dad: What sound does a cat make?
Child: Bump! Bump!

(NOTE: I love and appreciate all animals, but it's still funny!)

20170129_180754_HDR.jpg
20170129_180745_HDR.jpg
20170129_180736_HDR.jpg
Didn't really work on my truck but made a solar powered power pack for camping and for my upcoming trip on the kokopelli trail for cruise Moab. Mounted a 400 watt inverter on top and mounted a small 1.25 v solar panel on top for a trickle charger. The mounted a solar charger connector on back to use with my 80 watt zamp solar panel.

I've been driving for 25 years in the US, including a stint driving truck. I've dodged moose, deer, a cougar, cows, people, pets, and sheep. The only thing I've hit was small enough to go under the bumper.

Dad: What sound does a cat make?
Child: Bump! Bump!

(NOTE: I love and appreciate all animals, but it's still funny!)
We've got these lovely bouncing things called skippy, if you hit one on the up bounce, it's going to try it's hardest to come over your bonnet and into your windscreen. A bar like the ones you guys run will just give it the boost it needs if it didn't quite have enough on it's own lol. With full hoops, they tend to get knocked down rather than flicked up ;)

I'm beginning to experience the P0420 code (again) and replaced the O2 sensor about ten years ago, which fixed the code until recently. I don't know what the life expectancy of an O2 sensor is, so I don't know if the spacer in post #27058 would fix my problem. I understand the principle for the spacer.

Took a little trip to finally get her out of the city! Had a great time - lockers are a little slow to engage, but they work! Crawled up some nice ledges. A few quick shots....if I can figure out how to post a video - I'll do that as well. The diesel sound and turbo whistle is great on the trail! :)
IMG_8257.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG

Do you have a link to that? I will just order that and send these others back. Thanks for the tip.

I've tried the Napa one and not had good luck, it seems to be some inconsistency when it comes to them.

Here is all the LED info you could ever need for your rig: 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

As for the relay: 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Hazard Warning Flasher | Super Bright LEDs

You will need to use the old jumper from what I recall... I didn mine about 8yrs ago when I wired up my strobes for SAR work.

-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom