What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m a big Miata fan. I’ve had 3 NA’s and 2 ND’s. Decided to get back into off-roading, so I sold off the ND’s, and bought a 95 with 172k last year, and a 97 locked LX with 92k on it this past week. Was waiting for AEV to do something with the JL Wrangler, but the LX came along and I couldn’t pass it up. Looking to do a full build on the LX. Currently talking with Delta VS. My old built WJ, and my current 80 and new LX: View attachment 1838435 View attachment 1838436View attachment 1838434 View attachment 1838442 View attachment 1838437View attachment 1838641
I drove a built 99 WJ for a lot of years too! Man I loved that rig. Didn't quite compare to my built 80, but I still love it when I see them built up. :clap:

I drove a built 99 WJ for a lot of years too! Man I loved that rig. Didn't quite compare to my built 80, but I still love it when I see them built up. :clap:
Stepped up from a WJ to the FZJ80 too. Very similar; inline 6 motor, solid coil-sprung axles, etc. Everything on the 80 is just bigger and better built.

Waiting for a new thermostat to be delivered to continue to eliminate possibilities if my no heat condition. In the meantime today I went to town on my windows. They had some bad acid rain stains on all the glass which made it almost impossible to see in the rain and I hadn't had any luck cleaning them with anything. So I went at it with my headlight cleaning kit and they are better. Not perfect but an improvement. Here's a quick before/after:
20181129_140436.jpg

In the past I have used 0000 steel wool and finishing polish. You need to test a small spot first and DO NOT hit a painted surface or the mouldings. Also 0000 steel wool and white vinegar for really thick deposits.

Just thought I’d share a little trick I figured out. Those of you with the BH3D cup holders may have noticed that they don’t keep the recently more common “skinny” beverage cans standing up very well.
I found these aluminum bottle coozies at Walmart that fit perfectly (snug) into the cup holder and they are the perfect size for one of the 12oz skinny cans. No more spills.
F17025D9-CBC0-4741-B1E9-7EAD8D8A5432.jpeg

My family had an 80 from new, so my nostalgia is strong with them. I actually enjoyed the WJ a lot. Kinda regret selling it, but for some reason I freaked out when I had my first kid, and sold off my toys. I used to run from Missouri to CO/Utah/anywhere. It was kinda ridiculous getting it where I wanted it. It had a reverse cut high pinion 44 in the front with lock outs, a 60 in the rear, ARB lockers, 241 HD T case (Quadra Drive had to go), Klune V Goliath reduction case (in ultra 4 low, the reduction was crazy because I could floor it, and hit the rev limiter before 3 miles per hour), one of the first sets of Clayton’s WJ long arms, and 8” custom springs. I could cruise all day long, it wheeled well, air it up, and drive back home. Time to move on with the 80/LX, been intrigued by Delta VS, just saving up a little more money for a build, a cop out...(I used to tool around a lot with my vehicles, but my career depends on my hands, and not getting injured). More WJ pics..Mall Crawlin' and out at Moab:

316332_2382962245807_2025232835_n.jpg
230027_1018149686346_1086_n.jpg

Last edited:
My family had an 80 from new, so my nostalgia is strong with them. I actually enjoyed the WJ a lot. Kinda regret selling it, but for some reason I freaked out when I had my first kid, and sold off my toys. I used to run from Missouri to CO/Utah/anywhere. It was kinda ridiculous getting it where I wanted it. It had a reverse cut high pinion 44 in the front with lock outs, a 60 in the rear, ARB lockers, 241 HD T case (Quadra Drive had to go), Klune V Goliath reduction case (in ultra 4 low, the reduction was crazy because I could floor it, and hit the rev limiter before 3 miles per hour), one of the first sets of Clayton’s WJ long arms, and 8” custom springs. I could cruise all day long, it wheeled well, air it up, and drive back home. Time to move on with the 80/LX, been intrigued by Delta VS, just saving up a little more money for a build, a cop out...(I used to tool around a lot with my vehicles, but my career depends on my hands, and not getting injured). More WJ pics..Mall Crawlin' and out at Moab:

View attachment 1842763View attachment 1842764
yea...........jeep??

I'm running Beam Tech LEDs in mine with the stock harness. I had to aim them down a touch but have been very pleased with the output and pattern and don't get flashed. I got them on Amazon and have used them on several vehicles including my wife's 4Runner and my dually. I like the beam techs because the have a heat sink and not a fan. They've been in the 4Runner and Dually for over a year with no problems.

Just ordered a set of these. The :princess: is not happy with the headlights, in the rain we've been having. I hope to have the same positive results as you.

View attachment 1842055 View attachment 1842056 View attachment 1842057 View attachment 1842058 Fixed my deathly slow power windows using @SUMMIT CRUISERS write up “got slow windows” best mod in a while cost nothing except maybe some dynamite replacement

Hey RFB was your driver side front window also not tracking straight up and down? Mine moves forward and backward right up near the top before it seals or sometimes doesn’t fully in the top left corner to the side and behind your head if you’re sitting in the driver seat.

Hey RFB was your driver side front window also not tracking straight up and down? Mine moves forward and backward right up near the top before it seals or sometimes doesn’t fully in the top left corner to the side and behind your head if you’re sitting in the driver seat.

Funny, this just happened to me yesterday.
The rear corner of the window doesn't go all the way back. About 2-3" before it closes it moves slightly forward.
I have to manually adjust it.

The rear corner of the window doesn't go all the way back. About 2-3" before it closes it moves slightly forward.

What's the fix? I bought new channel rubber runners or whatever you call them, but not sure if that'll do it. Window speed is fine so far.

I also have this issue. Seemed to start about 4-5 months after replacing the window runs. Also when I slide the window all the way down it doesn't want to come back up.

Did you tie 3/4 breaker bar under frame and BUMP, @OTRAMM hates when people do that but everyone isnt as fancy as ryan Lol

Yup. Bumped it off. It was awesome.

I contacted otramm about buying one of his cool non-bumpage hb removal tool but I ended up going with the mud approved method instead. It was really pretty anticlimactic to be honest.

I found RFB's Russian brother.

Check out 8:09. Really digging those turn lights. Wonder if they would fit in an 80 front turn light opening?

Christmas tree cutting this weekend. Making sure the chains are good to go. Really hoping for some snow to play in.

IMG_4185.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom