What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've actually been looking for something similar where I could use Android Auto to control OnX, Garmin Power Switch, and add a backup camera. My stereo seems to be too outdated.
It works with Andriod also.

Akuma is a roller again.

Frame back from powder, 80 axles with Eaton elockers, Dobinsons IMS suspension. NEXT UP-- LS3 EROD and custom built 4L65E install.

Jason
TT

PXL_20240410_200623417.jpg

PXL_20240409_182014433.jpg

PXL_20240409_182145102.jpg

I took off my wheels and painted them black. They only came primed and they had faded a lot. Also took off the spare tire carrier and basket to grease the spindle they open on.

(apparently my iphone takes too good/big of pics so having trouble resizing them to upload pics)

IMG_7554.jpeg

IMG_7556.jpeg

Last edited:
I kept the head on. I used an engine air valve holder to keep the valves in place while I took the spring off. It just keeps the cylinder filled with air while you do the work. Be sure to have a decent size air compressor at hand.

I used a combination of a valve keeper tool to remove the keepers easily. To put them back on, I used a typical valve spring compressor tool. Really wasn’t hard. The keepers are a little finicky and the valve springs are very stout.

Here’s the tools I used.

kweiny Engine Air Valve Holder... Amazon product ASIN B07FYCSKJV
Lisle 36050 Valve Keeper Remover and Installer Kit https://a.co/d/4n4K1CP

ATPEAM Overhead Valve Spring Compressor | Universal Automotive Engine Removal Repair Install Tool https://a.co/d/jfBXlRR
Did you have any issues with clearance when using the ATPEAM spring compressor, particularly for the valves in the back for cylinder #6? Do you think you could have used the ATPEAM tool to compress the springs initially to get the keepers out, as well as for reinstalling? I have one of those tools and I'm hoping it will work for the whole job. Thanks.

Did you have any issues with clearance when using the ATPEAM spring compressor, particularly for the valves in the back for cylinder #6? Do you think you could have used the ATPEAM tool to compress the springs initially to get the keepers out, as well as for reinstalling? I have one of those tools and I'm hoping it will work for the whole job. Thanks.
I used one like the one pictured in the first post on the original post (not sure why we are now in the what did you do this weekend post?). Only had a clearance issue on the very back spring. I "improvised" using a pry bar on top of the spring retainer and leveraged against the firewall. Worked well enough to get the keepers out with a magnet and 2 extra set of hands.
1713388826455.png

Finally fix the chronically leaking exhaust pipe flange gasket on exhaust manifold. No matter what I tried it always seemed to start leaking. Sometimes sooner some time later, some people might think this is extreme but I was over it.
IMG_3958.jpeg

Yep , Man a Fre 2 piece ceramic headers. Leak is gone now. 👍

Starter solenoid had been acting up off and on for a few weeks and finally was at a point where I decided it was time. The starter for a 2h is a pretty common Denso design used in many applications, and figured out that the solenoid part of it was identical to a Dodge Cummins starter. So I ordered a LarryB's heavy duty starter rebuild kit from Amazon for about $40, which have 90% larger copper contacts, tore it down, cleaned it up, and she's starting perfect again. Here's a few before/after pics:

20240316_175236.jpg
20240321_190821.jpg
20240321_192632.jpg

Starter solenoid had been acting up off and on for a few weeks and finally was at a point where I decided it was time. The starter for a 2h is a pretty common Denso design used in many applications, and figured out that the solenoid part of it was identical to a Dodge Cummins starter. So I ordered a LarryB's heavy duty starter rebuild kit from Amazon for about $40, which have 90% larger copper contacts, tore it down, cleaned it up, and she's starting perfect again. Here's a few before/after pics:

View attachment 3611015View attachment 3611016View attachment 3611017
Is that Part Number R90SS ?

Day 1 of a 10 day trip from Alabama through southern Louisiana for field work. First day was about 450 miles. Photo is at the Mississippi rest area on I-10. Pulling the 5x10 trailer with an ATV my mileage is a solid 10 mpg, the in-cab vacuum gauge hovers around 5 psi. I can hold 70 mph once I get up to speed, but that may take a couple or three miles. Heavily loaded FJ60 with 300k on a rebuilt 2F. May be slow and a gas guzzler but it's solid and reliable. Total mileage on this trip will easily be over 1500 miles.

IMG_1658.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom