What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Carefull with this install!

Its great work (awesome to turbo a 3FE) but you're porting air from around your exhaust into your cabin fresh air intake. Any exhaust leaks, even a tiny one, will put carbon monoxide into the cab and (literally) kill you.

It's also where your AC draws air so unless you live in a cold climate it will be crazy hot in the cab.

Cooling with the carb fan is a great idea, just send it down or into the fender.
But the intakes only on the far right side, the hot air isn't getting down there I could even block it off. Point taken though I didn't even think about it. And yeah I live in a pretty cold area, our high temps have been in the 50's lately although we hit 61 today.

I'll be thinking about this and looking it all over. Btw I filled the manifold, down pipe etc with water to check for leaks, welded up a few pin holes and there is def no leaks

Installed my suspension stuff today.
20220607_183116.jpg
20220607_183221.jpg

What do the differential bearings look like? That is a ton metal.
I didn't take them apart. I sprayed a bunch of brake clean around in there and will change the oil again here shortly to monitor. If it keep making metal.

Where can I get those trim pieces for the back of the bench seat?

All I got done this past weekend was making a DIY dash cubby delete with Bullet Point Mounting solutions phone holder. The USB port in the cubby delete is hooked up to my auxiliary battery so I can charge stuff while the truck is off. It's been over 100F more days than I can count. The AC just can't keep up at those temps, so its not super fun to drive.

Still waiting on the switch blank replacements to come in so I can clean it up. Also repainted the ash tray front, didn't realize how faded it was until taking a few photos of it (not in this picture).
IMG_3437.jpg

my updated 21062-61060 Double Wires Fuel Cut Solenoid plug and play repair refresh and restore all inclusive kit form 1 stop solution

i pipe dreamed together recently is now a reality …

comes with a harness side oem splash proof SUMITOMO connector housing , extra solid brass terminals
, MADE IN JAPAN FIRE RATED CLOTH loomed

period correct adds SAFTEY to the equation as well :cool:

B5C7EED9-FEEA-4FE3-B2F6-18BEF49F26F3.jpeg

801AB4F9-E119-4507-BC32-2B3D25788254.jpeg

saftey.png

Last edited:
In and out of muddy spots yesterday while conducting research in southern Louisiana. Normally I would expect muddy conditions but the area has been dry and most of the road surfaces were dried and caked mud, but where remains some moisture grasses and vegetation hide the soft mud.

IMG_8114.jpg
IMG_8125.jpg
IMG_8132.jpg
IMG_8134.jpg

Beginning to tackle this 'problem' - noticed the bubbling indicators last winter. . . obviously it is propagating from the interior.
Did a quick flap wheeling and cold chiseling on the perforations; injected Penetrol / glorified linseed oil with a syringe and long straws inside of the gutter, used compressed air to distribute the oil. Now waiting for it to cure and then add a second coat before using glas-in-a-can to fill the holes.
Yay. :bang:

R U S T.jpg

Beginning to tackle this 'problem' - noticed the bubbling indicators last winter. . . obviously it is propagating from the interior.
Did a quick flap wheeling and cold chiseling on the perforations; injected Penetrol / glorified linseed oil with a syringe and long straws inside of the gutter, used compressed air to distribute the oil. Now waiting for it to cure and then add a second coat before using glas-in-a-can to fill the holes.
Yay. :bang:

View attachment 3041665
Post pictures of your steps and progress please

I made good progress on the passenger side C channel. I removed 3 more rivets. I only have two more minor ones at the top I can't reach and will get later with long drill bits. Plus the two on the bottom that hold the leaf spring bracket on. I'll do those next when I pull off the old leaf springs for the new OME heavy spring I have.

I'm wondering though, what about the new pinion angle with the 2" lift? Is the change in angle small enough to not worry about?

Resized_20220625_111414_2704.jpeg

Resized_20220625_114811_3329.jpeg

I made good progress on the passenger side C channel. I removed 3 more rivets. I only have two more minor ones at the top I can't reach and will get later with long drill bits. Plus the two on the bottom that hold the leaf spring bracket on. I'll do those next when I pull off the old leaf springs for the new OME heavy spring I have.

I'm wondering though, what about the new pinion angle with the 2" lift? Is the change in angle small enough to not worry about?

View attachment 3043465

View attachment 3043466
I never had issues with pinion angle after I installed my lift, but I found great benefit to 4 degree shims between my front leafs and axle to correct castor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom