What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the knuckle job. Got my son Dylan to help for a few minutes! Ha! Between his job at the soda fountain in town,and his girlfriend I don't have his help as often as I need it. Very proud of him. @murdoc1987
20220521_161319.jpg

The 60 is nearly ready for a shake down run up to Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs for the stripper party!

20220521_152433~2.jpg

Finished the knuckle job. Got my son Dylan to help for a few minutes! Ha! Between his job at the soda fountain in town,and his girlfriend I don't have his help as often as I need it. Very proud of him.
I remember him helping with the clutch slave cylinder replacement on @Reznugget's '78 FJ40 in Chinle.

FJ60 FACTORY RECALL
I called Santa fe Toyota and they ordered a new fuel tank and rear seat belts under a factory recall! My tank is full of chunky silty Rust! Going through my options when I found out about the recall, all fj60s and 62s. If you're having issues with tank or rear seat belts give Toyota a call. I was cleaning the fuel filter every 25 miles since getting it running a few months ago.

FJ60 FACTORY RECALL
I called Santa fe Toyota and they ordered a new fuel tank and rear seat belts under a factory recall! My tank is full of chunky silty Rust! Going through my options when I found out about the recall, all fj60s and 62s. If you're having issues with tank or rear seat belts give Toyota a call. I was cleaning the fuel filter every 25 miles since getting it running a few months ago.
They may offer to do a buy back if they can't get the parts.

unfortunately nothing, still from the mechanic.
Now we wait for a gasket of the intake duct.
Engine test next week after cleaning the injectors, 1 was very dirty and not working well.
Also awaiting terrain tamer shock absorbers

View attachment 3020127
I found a great deal on an ARB roof rack in my local Craigslist from some great folks. They even gave me a hands mounting it. You meet some of the nicest people in the Land Cruiser community.
Any info on that stubby antenna ?
Performance wise....
I have read they not that good on 2M, but great on 70cm band?

Tire rotation, bearing check, parking brake adjustment, and alignment check using TMR brackets. In the past I've done home alignment with a piece of tape on the tire and a vertical mark. Take measurement at front of tire, rotate tire so tape is at rear, remeasure, adjust tie rod. Repeat as needed. The TMR brackets along with a pair of Sterrett metric tapes are worth the cost. While the tape on the tire method can give good results the brackets make dialing in the adjustment and measurements much easier.

IMG_8023.jpg

First valve adjustment since the rebuild.
Replaced the alternator that only ever charged at 12.7V.
And swapped out the Lokar throttle cable / bracket, and made a hardware store throttle linkage. :hillbilly:

739A0F7A-F98B-4F42-8CDE-CCBBE6861C7C.jpeg

AFCD81B2-AEA0-49F0-8717-B7ADA111D79E.jpeg

9A1001FD-6A08-4553-9FD9-4455555A644C.jpeg

7 days of isolation started for me yesterday - so a 7 day weekend to get some maintenance jobs done on the 60…

Todays job was the rear wheel bearings and axle seal (left only) as I recently did the rear brakes and the left drum was coated in diff oil…. When I drained the diff oil this morning it was nice and clean - I wondered if I had made a mistake until I took the hub off… there was no grease left at all - just diff oil!
It wasn’t too bad a job - the hardest bits being getting the cone washers out and deciding on bearing pre-load (by feel).
Hopefully with genuine seals it should be all good for a while…
The photo was as I was taking it apart - oil had cleaned it nicely….
A6CC3FAC-9F49-4254-B728-67CFBBBC98CC.jpeg

Tomorrow I am unbolting the exhaust from the hangers, loosening the transmission mount, and seeing if I can work out why the engine doesn’t sit on the engine mounts properly….

@CenTXFJ60 put a can of 134a in the a/c of my 60 in 2019 While @ SAS3. My recent test run thru Az., Ut. & Nv told me it was time for another dose. It was ‘cool’ but not cold.

Put in a full 20 oz can of A/C Pro and now all is fine with the world.

3AAF4D35-2D65-4AD2-94E8-2883CE23DCD5.jpeg

A7FEAE7D-8E3B-4CB2-B7F9-6A3E24ED23A2.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been needing to do this since I did my 5 speed swap back in 2018 - but was waiting to get water leaks dealt with.

its sooooo much quieter!!

Which sound deadening product did you use and how many sqft did you buy? Looking add sound deadening when I swap out my carpet in the coming weeks. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom