What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drip rails before and after

K5z9Fq4.jpg

bxTyeLZ.jpg

Also interested in pricing on those bumpers.
I put my TT bumper on in 2015. It is the most used piece of armor on the 60. I've dragged it off of more ledges than I can count. The receiver hitch is well designed and doubles as a lift point for a High lift jack as do the recovery shackles. The 2-jerry can holder is usually empty but holds a 5-gallon Gott water cooler or a propane bottle securely. The latch that holds the swing outs has held up fine. After 7 years of abuse, a fresh coat of paint made it brand new again. I did the rattle can paint because I knew it would need periodic touch ups. The price was lower than I expected but the quality exceeded my expectations.
IMG_20211007_165011406_HDR.jpg

This was before I repainted it.

I put my TT bumper on in 2015. It is the most used piece of armor on the 60. I've dragged it off of more ledges than I can count. The receiver hitch is well designed and doubles as a lift point for a High lift jack as do the recovery shackles. The 2-jerry can holder is usually empty but holds a 5-gallon Gott water cooler or a propane bottle securely. The latch that holds the swing outs has held up fine. After 7 years of abuse, a fresh coat of paint made it brand new again. I did the rattle can paint because I knew it would need periodic touch ups. The price was lower than I expected but the quality exceeded my expectations. View attachment 2932516
This was before I repainted it.
didnt realize your rig is this nice... also thought you lived in Colorado :rofl::rofl::rofl:

didnt realize your rig is this nice... also thought you lived in Colorado :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks. It is what it is and I do not want a different vehicle. I get to shift my own gears and do my own maintenance. I did pull the trigger on the 2014+ 4-runr brake upgrade. It wasn't much more $$ than replacing stock components. Thanks @Rustinator. But I might cuss you when doing the installation 😄

Turbo update, top side is done and I'm getting real close to the end. All that's left is the exhaust from the downpipe back, aux fuel pump and a couple small odds and ends. I'm pretty stoked with how it's turning out. This afternoon I got all the gauges in with just a little wiring left on them. For gauges I have boost, innovate wide band afr with data logging, and a dual intake air temp to measure the intake and charge pipe air temps, doing this out of curiosity and to see if I need to add an intercooler, which I don't want to do if I don't have to. Fyi I'm going to get a Tuffy console and move the radios so the gauges will get moved also. Too bad we got another 2 feet of snow since yesterday and it's still coming down hard. There is almost 4-5 feet of snow on the level right now so it's going to be some time before it goes on it's first test drive.

IMG_20220222_152628.jpg
IMG_20220222_152700.jpg
IMG_20220222_152505.jpg

Turbo update, top side is done and I'm getting real close to the end. All that's left is the exhaust from the downpipe back, aux fuel pump and a couple small odds and ends. I'm pretty stoked with how it's turning out. This afternoon I got all the gauges in with just a little wiring left on them. For gauges I have boost, innovate wide band afr with data logging, and a dual intake air temp to measure the intake and charge pipe air temps, doing this out of curiosity and to see if I need to add an intercooler, which I don't want to do if I don't have to. Fyi I'm going to get a Tuffy console and move the radios so the gauges will get moved also. Too bad we got another 2 feet of snow since yesterday and it's still coming down hard. There is almost 4-5 feet of snow on the level right now so it's going to be some time before it goes on it's first test drive.

View attachment 2934023View attachment 2934024View attachment 2934025

is this actually a :

3FE-T

?

no way !

:D

2FFFD7A2-0C1E-4D0F-A774-7B938803144B.jpg

@YooperCruiser

Last edited:
3F-TE would be the more accurate Toyota-ese. Turbo comes before the MPFI in the engine code :flipoff2:

I have a 5/86 60. Are all FJ80 steering candidates for a swap? Are line modifications required?

Edit:spelling

Last edited:
I have a lot of field work planned in Louisiana over the next two weeks so today I rotated tires and adjusted the rear brakes. Having an 80 series FF rear axle parking brake adjustment is different than with a semi-floater 60 series, the wheels have to be pulled and the star wheel turned through a small hole in the rotor hat. Not too bad once you get the hang of it.

I also wanted to make sure the winch was working well. I pulled the pins for the rollers and greased them then unspooled about 30 feet of wire. Winch hasn't been used since October when I helped extricate @FJ60Cam from a mud hole in the Ozarks. I'll be in remote areas alone and need to know the winch will be in good shape if needed; needed it last year in some nasty mud. In checking today found I had kink in the wire that needed to be pulled free and that was sorted out with the wire respooled evenly across the drum. Warn 12k will be ready if needed.

IMG_7424.JPG

where did you get the upgrade kit from? I need to do something like that.
Front Range Off-road. They have options, but all eliminate the Backing plate.
The non-ABS 80 series Master Cylinder from Cruiser Outfitters #BKN60570N is a direct bolt on and an upgrade by itself.

Weekend before last, but….

Went to swap out an H42 for the H41 I had installed two years ago with the LS swap. Drained the t case and found major chunkage, sludge and twice the required lube.

Turns out, on assembly 20k ago, I had forgotten to install the gear stop between the input gear and transmission (it’s not called out in the FSM copy I have or Georg’s video as they are for late h42 or h55).
The input gear had walked back against the front case half, ate up the case, the oil slinger and pushed out the oil seal.
Thankfully I was able to clean up the seal surface, had a spare seal and the missing stop in my spare parts stash. Back together awaiting a refresh with a ‘62 case that I have.

407E9DB9-7A0D-47B0-AA72-F43A2036BA86.jpeg

1891E148-77C7-4A5B-A6C2-7B22F0B58E42.jpeg

68D3F88F-621A-49CF-93F1-1E1E040D26FC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom