What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday's rescue mission to pull my sons out of the mud. 2WD 4Runner + mud = 1WD & stuck :lol:

IMG_2051.JPG

Yesterday's rescue mission to pull my sons out of the mud. 2WD 4Runner + mud = 1WD & stuck :lol:

View attachment 1484217

I really never understood why 2wd trucks put themselves in some situations that are avoidable.

I've owned one 2wd truck in my life and learned after one trip to the mountains in the winter that even with good tires and chains, too much pucker factor

Removed this ugly mirror
DSCF7699.JPG

And replaced with this one from @reevesci which has been "lost" in a box in my garage for quite a while. I hate losing stuff in my clutter but finding stuff is like xmas morning!
20170624_161941.jpg

Now I just have to figure out a short and long term fix for the ugly extra holes left behind.

Next weekend I may do the drivers side, in 115 degrees you have to pace yourself.

Removed this ugly mirrorView attachment 1484409

And replaced with this one from @reevesci which has been "lost" in a box in my garage for quite a while. I hate losing stuff in my clutter but finding stuff is like xmas morning!View attachment 1484422

Now I just have to figure out a short and long term fix for the ugly extra holes left behind.

Next weekend I may do the drivers side, in 115 degrees you have to pace yourself.

Just run a neoprene plug in them for now. Better than an open hole and very inexpensive for temp fix. Oh and don't feel bad about a mirror... I found several 40 bumper shells, 4 sets of NEW OEM 2F pistons and rings and a Matco torque wrench........... :rolleyes:

J

Just run a neoprene plug in them for now. Better than an open hole and very inexpensive for temp fix. Oh and don't feel bad about a mirror... I found several 40 bumper shells, 4 sets of NEW OEM 2F pistons and rings and a Matco torque wrench........... :rolleyes:

J
To stumble on all of that your garage must be huge! Or you're stocked to the rafters.

Thanks for the tip on the neoprene plug

working on fixing up / replacing the cargo panels. I LOVE what wagon gear has to offer...but I just can't justify the price right now...so many more important things the truck needs.

so - i made a template from the original panel (see here)

this is 1/4" thick baltic birch ply - pretty nice stuff...a little pricey.

the black panels in the link above are black faced MDF (which means not that much more durable than the original panels)

full

33x10.50's go on tuesday.

hope to get the powder coated front bumper back from the shop this century.

otherwise....loving everything about my new 62.

Day trip with the family! Found a road no one had driven since probably last hunting season! Steep, shelves, loose rock. The 62 is awesome! It just tractors right up and down! Found such a pristine spot to lunch and play in the water, with a spacious Forrest Service cabin! It's such a treat to get up into the thick trunked aspens in NM!

IMG_0795.JPG

I asked the guy where to park, and he said, "over there by the other rockstar!"
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5788.JPG

Picked this shirt up and thought you guys might like to check it out if you're into canoes on top of your Land Cruiser. Bought it at REI. I have the 80 in pic. I have No affiliation with REI. I bought the shirt because it's a LC, I have a canoe, and I dig 60 Series and I did some canoeing yesterday.

Zona

FullSizeRender (42).jpg
IMG_7785.JPG

Picked this shirt up and thought you guys might like to check it out if you're into canoes on top of your Land Cruiser. Bought it at REI. I have the 80 in pic. I have No affiliation with REI. I bought the shirt because it's a LC, I have a canoe, and I dig 60 Series and I did some canoeing yesterday.

Zona

View attachment 1484640 View attachment 1484641

Nice rig !! Oh, thanks for the heads up on that T shirt ! Ordered a couple !! :bounce2: :beer:

View attachment 1484975 Crashed the Pig Party in Rico Colorado. First stop SKA brewing in Durango to stock up.
3 passes in 3 days, it was a blast and there were some great 55s and owners.
Close friend of mine, Jon (@remy1974) was there all the way from Maine. I've gotten daily updates! And there you are ahead of him and his friend in the white and blue 55. :)

IMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5890.JPG

Getting ready to head away towing the boat for the school holidays next Sat, and while giving the 60 a clean underneath I noticed the rear diff pinion seal was stuffed.... no time to fix it myself this week, so it is booked in to get replaced... $140, and having someone else work on my 60 hurts, but at least it will be fixed...

Have changed my toasted OME bushings against some rubber ones and welded the sleeves from the leaf spring eye so it cant move.
OME bushings worn out after 10000km only
Made 120mm shackles and installed a 4° caster wedges.
The truck now rides great without noise and drives totaly straight wich I thought it is impossible with a liftet truck and 33 tyres.
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
P1020974.JPG

Last edited:
Linked up with the Colorado Land Cruiser club and ran the Medano Pass Road from the Wet Mountain Valley to Great Sand Dunes Park and back again.

Met some real nice folks and had a great time.

Got to see my old FJ40 in action as well.

GetFileAttachment.jpg
GetFileAttachment%205.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom