What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ended getting awesome deals locally here on some KO2 285/70/17 load E, 5 tires. One new for spare and the others were all around 14/32, pretty much brand new. Also a set of Tundra/Sequoia OEM wheels to allow proper fitting and no rubbing. Got them all today, mounted and balanced, rides better than the duratracs I had on and much quieter! Unfortunately, with the bigger tires, can't fit the spare unless airing down the tire but I suspect with the kdss suspension, it'll still make it hard to fit. Cons, can't fit but pros, almost 100lbs lighter in weight......at least for now. Pushed the front liners to prevent front tires from rubbinng at full clock. And best of all? It still fits in the garage! Next question, do I keep the wheels looking stock or plastidip them? Maybe matte gray or bronze? Oh, stock wheels and tires are going for sale, if any interest, pm me. Thanks!

View attachment 2072746

View attachment 2072747

View attachment 2072748

View attachment 2072750

View attachment 2072751
Looks way better than it did 2 weeks ago!!

Replaced the alternator w/ Denso reman. 12 yrs and 137k mi on the original.

The first one I got was in correct box, but wrong alternator. The 2nd one arrived with it's electrical plug sheared off. Lucky #3 got installed last night and all is well.

We built a fridge mount with room for 2 pelican style (HF brand) cases. Still needs final fit and bolting everything down, but not too bad for a Saturday morning.

0907191121.jpg

0907191237.jpg

What did you guys do to your GX today? Cleaned and conditioned my seats today. Cannot stress the importance of maintaining the leather in our seats! Had them treated today, took some time to clean then condition, but man, sure does make the seats feel more "supple". This also extends the life of the leather and allows it to last without cracking/ripping over the years. Oh, and I also plastidipped my front grille anthracite gray. Keep the emblem dipped or undipped? AND I added some tool liners to the rear seat cubby and cup holders. Hope your guys' weekend is going good!

PSX_20190908_152023.jpg

PSX_20190908_152226.jpg

PSX_20190908_152109.jpg

PSX_20190908_152154.jpg

IMG_20190908_145557.jpg

Whitewash area...

My first time going down to 15 PSI. Man the traction and flotation on sand is mazing, but dry desert sand dune driving is still sketch as fu! You can augger in in a heartbeat, sidesloping, or climbing too slowly, etc.

I'm a fan of the lowly 88p (haters gunna hate :flipoff2: :rofl:), just 13 minutes to air four 32" ATs from 15 to 35 PSI. 👍

Last edited:
worked on starting to get things packed and organized for the Appalachian Rendezvous this weekend. The biggies today were I tore my 30+ Yro Hi-Lift down cleaned, prepped painted and rebuilt it. The other biggie is I found one of the old Axes I forgot I had from my grandfather. Most of the others are large fellers but this one is the perfect size for the rig. I cleaned it then polished and sharpened it. I then made a kydex holster for it. It still needs some work. I ordered rivets and shock cord for it. I also ordered a new US made handle to replace the old beat up one as well as a piece of full grain leather to make a handle guard.

JPEG_20190908_181230.jpg

IMG_20190908_223804.jpg

Ooh la la... any details on where you sourced these?
They're from Amazon. Bought these for my craftsman tool drawers. Had pieces leftover and used them for this side project. Just measured and cut away. Came out good.

Professional Tool Box Liner and Drawer Liner - Black 16 inch x 16 feet Non-Slip Shelf Liner Is Perfect for Protecting Your Tools - These Thick Cabinet Liners Are Easily Adjustable to Fit Any Space Amazon product ASIN B0753G9WLS

I didn't actually do this to my 120 today, but all the mods were done over the past 2 weeks. 2005 GX470 Sport w/KDSS in Ash Blue Micah. 2.5" Dobinson's Medium springs with rear comfort valve shocks & SSO/Moog rear coil conversion from Treaty Oak Offroad. SPC UCA's, 17x8.5 -10mm SCS Ray 10's in Matt Gunmetal wrapped with LT285 70 17 Falken WildPeak AT3W C load.
So far I'm loving the ride. It rides just a tad bit firmer than stock but handles way better! No more silly nose dives! These are my first set of Wildpeaks and I've only put 20 miles on them. I had 2 sets of KO2's (E and C load) and would have to say the KO2's ride a little bit quieter.

Yeah yeah I know. The factory running boards are ugly. Sliders are on the project list. I was going to ditch the factory running boards but have 2 small kids.

FYI - There was substantial rubbing. I had to move fender liner forward and cut where factory running boards meets body mount. I'm going to use a heat gun on the liner towards the back of the front wheels due to the fact that it rubs in reverse. Most importantly, BMC will be done this weekend. It rubs a good amount before full lock.

Last photo was with stock wheel and 265 6517 Bridgestone tires.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Found an elegant solution using Prado fender splash guards after running board removal!
No need to hack up the boards to get a tiny little trim piece when you can have complete
splash guards styled to fit the GX470. About to install rails and these functional pieces will fill
the "cosmetic gap" with a functional replacement. Amazing what you can find on AMZ these days!
What do you think?

Prado-1.jpg

Found an elegant solution using Prado fender splash guards after running board removal!
No need to hack up the boards to get a tiny little trim piece when you can have complete
splash guards styled to fit the GX470. About to install rails and these functional pieces will fill
the "cosmetic gap" with a functional replacement. Amazing what you can find on AMZ these days!
What do you think?

View attachment 2083116
It’s super easy to cut the running boards. If you have to have mud flaps I suppose they will work. Let us know how they fit.

Let’s see pictures of these mudflaps installed

Will do so once the rails are modified to fit in place in a few weeks. I am using the existing brackets that support the current boards-are they bolted onto undercarriage or just less secure tap screws?
Anybody posted what to do to reroute the electrical lighting? I do not want to delete it but I saw that changing them to ground lights was possible. Cant find that post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom