What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dubinky - Bartlett - Hidden Valley - Mashed Potatoes - Hidden valley Overlook - Blue Hills rd tour. (2/3 of 3D EJS route)
1565645944378.png

overdrove my AA for the first time,
1565645403493.png

and earned some DA scrapes too...
1565645427923.png
1565645439271.png

I'll try the boiling water trick on the last one. . .see if it pops out.

Dubinky - Bartlett - Hidden Valley - Mashed Potatoes - Hidden valley Overlook - Blue Hills rd tour. (2/3 of 3D EJS route)
View attachment 2056351

overdrove my AA for the first time,
View attachment 2056347

and earned some DA scrapes too...
View attachment 2056348View attachment 2056349

I'll try the boiling water trick on the last one. . .see if it pops out.

honestly on that last one you might be able to just push it out. I just did so on a couple similar "oops" like that

honestly on that last one you might be able to just push it out. I just did so on a couple similar "oops" like that
yerp.
Poured boiling water on it and it pressed right out.
1565670997385.png
1565671039507.png

Changed out stock muffler with 18" Magnaflo. Still cruises quiet but has a very nice grunt when I stick my foot in it! My mileage towing our R-POD went from 10.5 to 14.5 and low-end grunt is way better. :steer:

While towing, yes, about 1 MPG gain every day those numbers were calculated and not from trip computer.
Please provide part number! And, a picture never hurts either. TIA

I gained a lot of power with my exhaust. I am sure if I wasn't as built up as I am that would have gone right to mpg...but the loud noises make my right foot heavy.

Which one did you go with? Thinking about getting a cheap weld on muffler
It is a Magnaflo I will have to find the invoice at home for exact part number I also installed copper plugs when I first got my GX back in May. Copper delivers more spark energy all other things equal. I know they only last about 30% as long as iridium but they are very low priced and I cant remember an easier spark plug change in my 50 years of maintaining my own rigs. Cheers! :)

It is a Magnaflo I will have to find the invoice at home for exact part number I also installed copper plugs when I first got my GX back in May. Copper delivers more spark energy all other things equal. I know they only last about 30% as long as iridium but they are very low priced and I cant remember an easier spark plug change in my 50 years of maintaining my own rigs. Cheers! :)

Did you mess with the headers? I feel like headers are still an unsolved problem. The calculus I'm doing/trying to do: replace cracked header with something stronger and legal (Dough Thorley?), keep all cats (because meow), replace hulking muffler, take exhaust to behind back wheel (because repeated departure angle munching). I thread-searched for a long time here and on other forums, and there is no known-good configuration I've found...any hints would be helpful. And, thank you.

Did you mess with the headers? I feel like headers are still an unsolved problem. The calculus I'm doing/trying to do: replace cracked header with something stronger and legal (Dough Thorley?), keep all cats (because meow), replace hulking muffler, take exhaust to behind back wheel (because repeated departure angle munching). I thread-searched for a long time here and on other forums, and there is no known-good configuration I've found...any hints would be helpful. And, thank you.
I am out of my depth on these issues but I am sure some of our more hardcore brethren ( and "Sisteren" ) will be able to offer some worthy input. You might look at the Toyota truck sights as this engine was used in 3rd gen 4 runners as well as earlier tundras. Best of luck!

Doug Throley Headers and Kook's Headers cats. Rest is custom bending and welding to where you want it.

Doug Throley Headers and Kook's Headers cats. Rest is custom bending and welding to where you want it.
Awesome. Much obliged, Dude.

@DRANGED I lead wipe out hill at Cruise Moab and a few times if we finish early have taken the group out that way... that first climb (just after your 3) is pretty fun eh? Neat area back there, and usually a lot less traffic than some of the others.

While towing, yes, about 1 MPG gain every day those numbers were calculated and not from trip computer.
I am confused. Originally you said 4mpg increase while towing and you answered the question to confirm 4 mpg. You then say 1 mpg increase towing. Did I miss something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom