What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What did you do to disable the airbag?

It is possible, in fact seller's instructions were without removing wheel.
My experience, you will not come even close to quality of stretching leather and stitching.

Hello nurse! Still have to wire seat heaters (going to figure out the factory switches). But no airbag lights and all good!!

13215717-43E9-43C9-83F1-460153E35AC1.png

Got the JBAs installed and Dobinsons 3in for the front done today. The #4 hex screw on the AHC device was big pain. Also spindle dropped and skid control line may have stretched.. guess I'll find out when I start her up. Also had to cut off one of the sway bar bracket bolts so will be driving without the front for a while I guess. Looks pretty ridiculous as it is right now. The rear will be next week.

20190505_163740.jpg

20190505_163620.jpg

20190505_163640.jpg

20190505_163627.jpg

You just disconnect battery, unscrew two bolts on the sides, pull the airbag. On the back there are two major connectors, pull the pins from the bottom outward and pull the plugs out.

Added Wilco Hitchgate high-clearance tire carrier yesterday...

W-angle.jpg

Well ended up so slow at work today I didn't go in so I worked on getting the gx ready for a camping trip to URE this weekend. Last night I got the drawer system I've been working on for a while to a useable point though certainly not finished. The shiney rope is just some reflective para cord i attached to use as pull handles temporarily. Today I installed my Rago G34 battery holder and G34 Odyssey, Need to pick up some shorter J hooks for it. Also installed the Apex recovery points, did the rear diff breather extension up just below the filler and removed the running boards at least for the weekend, IDK if I'm going to reinstall or not but as they are not that hard to remove when needed save those Darn body clips under the door sill I may put them back on. I need to go out this evening an wire wheel the rust off my discota and reseason it. Looking forawrd to this trip. I'm take my buddy and his little dude who has never been camping. I was hoping to do a little wheeling but from what everyone is saying all the trails are is really bad shape right now so we will have to see as the GX is currently unarmored and I really don't want to beat it up.

Well ended up so slow at work today I didn't go in so I worked on getting the gx ready for a camping trip to URE this weekend. Last night I got the drawer system I've been working on for a while to a useable point though certainly not finished. The shiney rope is just some reflective para cord i attached to use as pull handles temporarily. Today I installed my Rago G34 battery holder and G34 Odyssey, Need to pick up some shorter J hooks for it. Also installed the Apex recovery points, did the rear diff breather extension up just below the filler and removed the running boards at least for the weekend, IDK if I'm going to reinstall or not but as they are not that hard to remove when needed save those Darn body clips under the door sill I may put them back on. I need to go out this evening an wire wheel the rust off my discota and reseason it. Looking forawrd to this trip. I'm take my buddy and his little dude who has never been camping. I was hoping to do a little wheeling but from what everyone is saying all the trails are is really bad shape right now so we will have to see as the GX is currently unarmored and I really don't want to beat it up.
View attachment 1972028View attachment 1972034View attachment 1972035
How does this compare to your 80? Everyone keeps telling me to get an 80 but im pretty damn happy with the 120. What should I tell the 80 diehards?

Got the JBAs installed and Dobinsons 3in for the front done today. The #4 hex screw on the AHC device was big pain. Also spindle dropped and skid control line may have stretched.. guess I'll find out when I start her up. Also had to cut off one of the sway bar bracket bolts so will be driving without the front for a while I guess. Looks pretty ridiculous as it is right now. The rear will be next week.

View attachment 1970321

View attachment 1970323

View attachment 1970325

View attachment 1970326
You should drive it like that and get one of these horns...

View attachment 1972028View attachment 1972034View attachment 1972035
You gonna cut those tie down points? Ive got the same year salsa and have the treaty offroad points but am confused about if the 2009 needs the points or if that is for earlier years... also you cant mount dring / clevis points with the factory points right?

Last edited:
Can you send me more pics of the rack?
How does this compare to your 80? Everyone keeps telling me to get an 80 but im pretty damn happy with the 120. What should I tell the 80 diehards?

I don't tell em anything. I just wheel with them and they soon stop talking.

Just chopped off more metal because the tires were still rubbing the mount. Should I leave the metal ring at the bottom to weld the plate onto or chop it off and just weld the plate to the top and two sides?

5028E568-C9DA-4220-82CF-AA0DA7A5E781.jpeg

That ring does nothing. I have had it chopped aggressively for years.

I wouldn't know as my 80 which was supposed to be in decent running order when I bought it actually had issues and needed a timing chain and other work that snowballed into the frame off build it is now. I largely bought the GX because I'm still so far out from completion on the 80 and I had not had a reliable jump in and drive DD in 2 years (normally DD is a work van provided by my company). I had been searching for a Tundra or a 100 series in my no loan needed price range for almost a year when i got the GX and even then it mostly at the time was a "I want to go out of town to Overland Expo East and have no transportation" I was going insane from being stuck at home and this 120 platform GX popped up for decent money in seemingly good shape so I bought it. I still plan to finish the 80, probably with a LS or the Cummin out of my 2500 Dodge thats sitting in the yard. But atleast I have a nice quite capable vehicle in the interim.

Up late (can't sleep) so I figured out how to use the factory seat heater switches, relays, harness, etc to run the heaters in the Scheel Mann. Will get it all wired and built tomorrow and test it out. Will be cool to cross that off.

I thought I was going to die on this trail as I got stuck going up a narrow road up a steep trail near Chicken Rock and Log Bridge. A Suzuki Sumari winched me backwards over a rock that was holding me up on the edge of a cliff. The winch was only 2K lbs...but I needed help turning my front tire away from the steep ravine.

Anyways, the trail was difficult for me, but the cabins that I stayed at for two nights were awesome...they were fully stocked with solar power, water, fire rings, beds, and gas appliances.

Cabin_Stone_DV_01.jpg
Cabin_Stone_DV_02.jpg

Cabin_PleasantCanyonLoop_02.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom