What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chopped the cab mount. Now I need some metal to weld back in. BAMF precut metal pieces were too small and the tires would have still rubbed if I chopped it where their plates fit.

00A3F953-B17A-4FA6-BC6B-63FC40257495.jpeg

I had my rear axle rebuilt. Currently ordering a sending unit and debating just PMing the fuel pump assembly while I am in there. Also have my new exhaust on schedule for next week. Should be a busy few weeks!

Doug Thorley long tubes, GESi SS HO cats, SS magnaflow, and SS 2.5 all the way. All custom cut and welded to fit my skids, routing, etc.

I'm jelly at your deep pockets, time, and sheer determination to continue to build your GX470. I'm like a poor man's version of an offroad vehicle.

Doug Thorley long tubes, GESi SS HO cats, SS magnaflow, and SS 2.5 all the way. All custom cut and welded to fit my skids, routing, etc.

Here is my poor man's roof rack upgrade...$20 for two used oem crossbars...and $55 in Front Runner tie down rings and replacement bolts. Not pretty. Not sure how much more capable my roof rack is, but it is what it is. Maybe this post is in the wrong thread...maybe I should have posted in the upgrades for under $100.

I was also tempted to buy new LFD Offroad's beefy crossbars (4 crossbars for like $299 that attach to oem roof rack rails), but in the end i went the poor man's route.

Here’s the LFD option:

OEM_RoofRack_02.jpg
OEM_RoofRack_05.jpg
OEM_RoofRack_06.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my poor man's roof rack upgrade...$20 for two extra used oem crossbars...and $55 in Front Runner tie down rings and replacement bolts. Not pretty. Not sure how much more capable my roof rack is, but it is what it is. Maybe this is the wrong thread...maybe I should post it in the upgrades for under $100.

I was also tempted to buy new LFD Offroad's beefy crossbars (4 crossbars for like $299 that attach to oem roof rack rails), but I went the poor man's route first:

View attachment 1948741View attachment 1948742View attachment 1948743
Looking good, I really don’t want to drop $1000 on a roof rack. I installed my Yakima basket which will work for now but definitely want to upgrade it sooner rather than later. My tent weighs 55lbs plus 3 scepter fuel cans is a lot of weight for the 2 factory crossbars.

Looking good, I really don’t want to drop $1000 on a roof rack. I installed my Yakima basket which will work for now but definitely want to upgrade it sooner rather than later. My tent weighs 55lbs plus 3 scepter fuel cans is a lot of weight for the 2 factory crossbars.
Aw come on. Think of the possibilities with a new roof rack. :D

So after waiting for over a month for the shop to get the OME lift in, I took the GX in on Monday! Monday afternoon they called and said the Metal tech conversion kit did not have the isolators with the kit and it would be today before they had them....BOO. They called around 2pm today and said it was ready, Yay!!! Went to pick it up and they put the wrong tires on! I ordered BFG KO'2 285/70/17....They put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

GX Nitto.jpg

They will be swapping them in the Morning to BFG's.....

I’m still running the stock oem rear air bags, stock rear diff, stock LCAs, stock alternator, stock rear and front bumpers, and stock oem roof rack cross bars, does that give me extra points for a commercial? Lol

Last night I ordered ATZ P3s in 285/70r17 to put on the Fifteen52 Turbomac HD classic wheels I recently received, and this morning I ordered an Icon stage 3 kit. I'm dropping it off next week to get it all installed. These are the first mods on the truck. Thrilled would be an understatement to how I am feeling. I stalked these forums for a while before buying an 07 gx470 about a year ago now.

Well, now we know how you are making the money! Pretty cool! Real question is when are you making a GXOR forum for us people without Facebook?
Copy that, lol!

I’m still running the stock oem rear air bags, stock rear diff, stock LCAs, stock alternator, stock rear and front bumpers, and stock oem roof rack cross bars, does that give me extra points for a commercial? Lol
Ditto!
But running in Moab, stock(ish)! 😜🤙

Last edited:
I’m sure Moab is tough, but I’m running through the City of Compton! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom