What did you do to your pig today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does 4 Runner rubber work for the rear window where the window glass meets the metal of the tailgate? I took mine off last year and have yet to get it on because making one is such a PITA.....

Yes. It is discussed on another thread here in the 55 section with a title something like "Upper Tailgate Rubber Blah, Blah, Blah..."

I will try to find and link for you.

Installed two new tail lights. Got these a few years back through a group purchase on MUD. Just now getting around to putting them on. As you can see, the rubber that goes between the chrome piece and the lens is not there. It disenigrated when I took out the old lenses. Anyone have fix for that missing rubber peice??

You got the FoxFab lenses! John at SloCruisers has the rubber.

Thanks! Will order them from Slocruisers.
I have several more items I have purchased over the years sitting in my garage. Example, complete OEM rubber pieces for the tailgate. Got those from Warden's before he shut down is shop. Wating for the new paint job before putting those on. Other items also waiting on the paint.

LIke them or not.... I just put a new (previously uninstalled) Fairey overdrive into my stock three speed tranny and TC. She goes a bit faster with slower RPMs now. Very quiet too. Also put slightly longer shackles on the rear and put the stock rear shakles on the front, along with add a leafs and got about a 2 inch lift across the board, without the butt sag. I'll post a few pictures if I can.

Got all the body mounts fixed and got the rockers cut out. Had 2x4 box steel welded in and tied to the frame. New bushings and not having the body resting on the frame rails make for a much quieter ride
rockers done.jpg

Got all the body mounts fixed and got the rockers cut out. Had 2x4 box steel welded in and tied to the frame. New bushings and not having the body resting on the frame rails make for a much quieter ride

WOW! I really dig how you did the rockers! Got more pics? Please, please?

LIke them or not.... I just put a new (previously uninstalled) Fairey overdrive into my stock three speed tranny and TC. She goes a bit faster with slower RPMs now. Very quiet too. Also put slightly longer shackles on the rear and put the stock rear shakles on the front, along with add a leafs and got about a 2 inch lift across the board, without the butt sag. I'll post a few pictures if I can.

Where the heck did you get a new Fairey?

Thanks! Will order them from Slocruisers.
I have several more items I have purchased over the years sitting in my garage. Example, complete OEM rubber pieces for the tailgate. Got those from Warden's before he shut down is shop. Wating for the new paint job before putting those on. Other items also waiting on the paint.

Tell me more about Warden's shop - never heard about this before?

WOW! I really dig how you did the rockers! Got more pics? Please, please?

It's just 2x4 box tube. here are some pics. Also had the body mounts fixed all around. Cost me about the same amount as having just sliders put on at a regular cruiser shop
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0327.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg

tres mas

I do pity the Corolla that t-bones me in traffic
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg

Sweet! What a killer way to get rid of the old beat-up, rotten rockers.

Gonna break out the welder! Thanks! :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words. They aren't meant to be hardcore sliders but a good rocker replacement that can handle the occasional rock or stump scrape in the NH woods. Pretty happy with them and certainly better than the pile of rot that was there before

I just scored all four door seals OEM Toyota baby! They had Spector and toyota part # on the package. I guess Spector bought them from old stock, and someome bought them and never used them. I got em all for just alittle over 200. Good ol EBAY you never know what someone has laying around to sale.

Tell me more about Warden's shop - never heard about this before?

Warden's was THE cruiser shop in Northern California for many years. Danny took over the shop when his dad retired and moved out state. His shop was in Placerville, between Sacramento and Tahoe. He did some fabulous work on cruisers and designed and built great adapters and housings. He is well known for the bullet proof transfer case he designed and sold.
About 5 years ago? From my understanding, he got sued just one to many times and gave up his shop and closed the doors. He now works at a Chrysler dealership in Folsom. If I recall correctly, he had/has 3-5 huge metal box car storages on his property with thousands of cruiser parts.
I did buy a lot of stuff from him. He was always friendly and very helpful to newbie like me back then. I haven't seen him in several years. I hear that he still does some cruiser work on the side.
I just happened to be at his shop one day when he showed me a box that had just about all the rubber for an FJ55. I bought the box that day for $150.

Warden's was THE cruiser shop in Northern California for many years. Danny took over the shop when his dad retired and moved out state. His shop was in Placerville, between Sacramento and Tahoe. He did some fabulous work on cruisers and designed and built great adapters and housings. He is well known for the bullet proof transfer case he designed and sold.
About 5 years ago? From my understanding, he got sued just one to many times and gave up his shop and closed the doors. He now works at a Chrysler dealership in Folsom. If I recall correctly, he had/has 3-5 huge metal box car storages on his property with thousands of cruiser parts.
I did buy a lot of stuff from him. He was always friendly and very helpful to newbie like me back then. I haven't seen him in several years. I hear that he still does some cruiser work on the side.
I just happened to be at his shop one day when he showed me a box that had just about all the rubber for an FJ55. I bought the box that day for $150.

Wow, wish I knew him back then.

Any contact info to see if he still has Pig items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom