Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This week I installed the K9 rack, the Sy-Klone precleaner and painted my steelies. View attachment 2560396View attachment 2560397

Rig looks great and those steelies, wow. How do you like the precleaner and where did you source? I've been looking at options in that area and haven't found a lot. Just saw on your build thread that you sourced from SnorkelUpgrade.com - Which model did you go with?

Last edited:
Got my LCP Severe Duty rear sway bar links & Whiteline HD rear sway bar installed... what a world of difference that makes. Body role is barely noticeable anymore and only around the sharper turns at highway speeds. Also literally just finished up my dual battery system! Probably won't be doing much in the next few months as I try and finish up my last semester of college, but after graduation and I get my career started there should be lots to come!

Eaton E-Locker Front 100 Series

My understanding is that Eaton has always been the manufacturer of the Harrop branded e-locker.

As a heads up for anyone else who buys one of these lockers, the switch that comes with the unit doesn't fit any of the blank spots in a 100 series. I've decided to get the factory diff lock switch, which will require some wiring (not plug and play). There are other options as well, but they are usually made in China which I'm making every attempt to avoid whenever possible.

Eaton E-Locker Front 100 Series

My understanding is that Eaton has always been the manufacturer of the Harrop branded e-locker.

Interesting thought Harrop were made in Australia since Georg and Cruiser Brothers were selling them. The land of Oz is where Toyota's biggest market for the Land Cruiser is where I know Georg sources parts. In all my parts sitting in Australia that I'm waiting for Covid to settle down I have set of cable locker diffs out of a 60 series.

Do you have a locker in the rear axle? Believe you have a Lexus 470 which never had a locker in the rear axle only limited slip 98/99.

I don't have a rear locker. I mostly did the front to address the known weak spot of 2 pinion front diffs in 98/99 model years. I'm pretty sure that the front locker, center diff lock, and limited slip in the rear will be PLENTY for my needs without locking the rear. Maybe I'll think differently when I get rich some day ;)

A few shots from last weekend in the Kofa. So darn pretty there. Sadly, for the first time in nearly 30 years, the old girl didn't make it home under her own power. I left her in good hands with Eric at Riverview, I expect we'll get it sorted out.

IMGL6720untitledTaylor and Ulku Wedding1.jpg
IMGL6960untitledTaylor and Ulku Wedding1.jpg
IMGL6940untitledTaylor and Ulku Wedding1.jpg
IMGL6741untitledTaylor and Ulku Wedding1.jpg
IMGL6755untitledTaylor and Ulku Wedding1.jpg

What a beauty. Tell us about those minimalist bumpers. Build thread?
Thanks sir!
I looked at just about every front and rear bumper option for the 200 and didn’t like them so I decided chop the plastic and have sliders put on.
I drew up a picture of what I was thinking and the crew at Wescott Designs in North Phoenix made it happen.
Here’s the build thread:

A few shots from last weekend in the Kofa. So darn pretty there. Sadly, for the first time in nearly 30 years, the old girl didn't make it home under her own power. I left her in good hands with Eric at Riverview, I expect we'll get it sorted out.

View attachment 2562028View attachment 2562035View attachment 2562038View attachment 2562031View attachment 2562034

First, glad you made it back! Second, I have been wanting to go to this area for some time (my 80 is in about a thousand bits right now as I am adding all kinds of goodies at the moment), how isolated are you there? I was hoping that you would see very little humanoid activity here.

First, glad you made it back! Second, I have been wanting to go to this area for some time (my 80 is in about a thousand bits right now as I am adding all kinds of goodies at the moment), how isolated are you there? I was hoping that you would see very little humanoid activity here.

You can get pretty isolated in the Kofa. The farther you get from the highway, and the farther you get off of the main roads, the fewer people you'll see. Nearer to pavement (and where people park their giant RVs) you'll get more side by side traffic (dust and noise can be a bummer in camp, at least for my curmudgeonly self). Farther away, I've had trips where we had nobody come by camp in two or three days.

But, I'll add that if one really values isolation, I like empty places on the map with no named human attractants. We've got lots of public land in our state like that.

Last edited:
You can get pretty isolated in the Kofa. The farther you get from the highway, and the farther you get off of the main roads, the fewer people you'll see. Nearer to pavement (and where people park their giant RVs) you'll get more side by side traffic (dust and noise can be a bummer in camp, at least for my curmudgeonly self). Farther away, I've had trips where we had nobody come by camp in two or three days.

But, I'll add that if one really values isolation, I like empty places on the map with no named human attractants. We've got lots of public land in our state like that.
Yes, I like isolation. I remember the "good old days" in the 70s and early 80s where you could easily get away from people and not see anyone for days, or even a week or two. When a breakdown occurred out there, you could be in deep stuff if not properly prepared. Today, it is seems so hard to get away, especially with those dreaded side by sides. Camping used be about getting back to nature and enjoying what the good lord provided for us, not so much anymore.

View attachment 2562028View attachment 2562035View attachment 2562038View attachment 2562031View attachment 2562034
We ran the Arizona Peace Trail from Dateland up past Salome. Awesome area indeed. It was almost two days without seeing another vehicle.

Jim

Another LBJ failure, Luckily she was only going 20mph..
Ball joint fail.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom