Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to the Grand Canyon and Anderson Mill this weekend. A Lil offroading 🏜️ and fun in the snow ❄️ 🌨️

Snapchat-1115421928.jpg

PXL_20210129_191658047.jpg

PXL_20210129_185504165.jpg

Trying to get the cats in my '93 figured out. Temperatures are significantly cooler at the outlet than the inlet (from my understanding, outlet temps need to be 30-100 degrees WARMER than the inlet). No CEL or real apparent issues, but the exhaust smell is pretty bad, so much so that I am often forced to the back on roadtrips because my buddies complain about the smell when following me and it puts out significantly more smoke than I am comfortable with. Decided run a bottle of Cataclean through it to see if that clears up any gunk before I start tonights project of removing the passenger side slider, soaking the bolts, trying to get the cats off, clean them with laundry detergent and some other chemicals, and see if there is anyway I can salvage them before I get the weld-on high flow units from Magnaflow.

I've been sitting on a pair of OEM O2 sensors still in the packaging for months now, should I just go ahead and swap them in if I stick with the current cats or just wait until I get Magnaflow's before installing them?
I remembers seeing this post way back when so I'm responding now - did you resolve your smelly truck issue?

Last edited:
Added an inverter so I can plug the camping freezer in while on the road and then switch to a goal zero battery/solar panel while in camp.

A12B9A17-CCA0-444A-8F67-831F5B2F93EC.jpeg

462C5E18-0D74-495A-A6F8-A16BD4841532.jpeg

Will your freezer run off 12 volt? If it does, your fridge is probably just converting the 110 from your inverter back into 12v.
Good point, I will look into this. Most likely I will need to add a cigarette lighter plug in the back if the fridge has a lighter adapter plug.

Already posted about it in the 200 series forum but, I upgraded my OBA combining my old ARB Single with a new ARB Twin merging the lines into a single run back to the tailgate, where I mounted the quick connect chuck in the storage compartment. This gives me enough airflow to use my INDEflate 4 tire inflation system to get just under 7psi/minute into all 4 tires at once. I can now air up from 15psi to 43 psi in under 5 minutes, completely hands free. As I still have a quick connect up front, I can fill my tires off the back using just the twin and a buddy's tires off the front using the single at the same time. There may be no greater evidence of boredom than this mod. Its completely unnecessary, offers horrible value in terms of $$$ but is unique and kind of cool, so I'm digging it. I especially like the rear connection location.

IMG_2287.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg

Taught my daughter how to shoot, and finally got off road again after the top end rebuild! Went out to Four Peaks and eventually made our way down to the coves and ran the sand trails. Held steady temp and oil pressure and decided I need to get the old 92 some lockers. Next step is Delta VS Panhard bracket, control arms, and al new bushings.. everywhere. Rear links, sway bar, and trac bar. Once the delta arms are in, spacers in the front to level it an go in, and I will swap out to the slotted rotors I have on the shelf.
IMG_9399.JPG
IMG_9393.JPG

I had a busy week with with 66 FJ40. I pulled the engine, transmission, and transfer case. Everything I read on here said it would be fairly easy. It was not. But, it is done. With some help, I got everything separated and the original F engine is with Baker's automotive machine shop. It will get deconstructed and hopefully by this time next week, I will have an idea what work needs to be done on it. The whole vehicle has spent it's entire life outside and the last 30 years not running so I am sure there will be a lot of work that needs to be done. The body is about three weeks (supposedly) from being finished as well so I am hopefully on track for getting her back on the road before the summer.

Added this to the garage. Except for 4"lift, bumper, wheels and tires its all stock. Miles ~290K most everything works, needs some TLC but overall clean. Has hub locks but no transfer case conversion, may go back to flanges. Plans are to keep it mostly this way, will not do much except remove third row (not for sale) for some extra camping gear room, rear seat will stay for the dog.

ACtC-3eorR_ceAlos1SgYpDtebdPxcA8lwtPmJ-8AZOCAtuUUxUnsN1Uv9w2N9PImlS-BFqsTGOQQf7sQrMiYJc_XFOhX-8CssbHF_8NZ8s9Z11zjk7dLtYqJmdYqsDcb39Xh-xF0fajXye7JNvL52ebhqPmFw=w800-h600-no

ACtC-3eOZwGITCRJlHuz3koPuTZUtUQV0WToncvkxWm_VUEhN7RyeQI_d6tRyETV63rz3HasonhvIG1gtzyGmjZRllV6sytLAd8VNnVToy_25Vxp5FALV8MP_eqmAJuYa-_YPIVOu28mgcIOKZxycG_QBXyFXA=w800-h600-no

ACtC-3fBj_ycLteF-I87wp4nPJo0sv8GA3pXbU2Wd15wJ9idxaSz-n76ewQKHHLPZAcUGikMOF97QO_BEgBKX9CYO4wy9liRSCM3ufG2N0EJ8Xnb23RPC7-_SPY27O60iBixHy8jwiRVlWoqvkVCFHdBswx4YQ=w800-h600-no

Last edited:
Finally got a swing-out integrated into my "old skool" CONN-FER bumper. The beauty is that the swing-out rests on the bumper structure, so there is no cantilever forces on the hinge pin when locked down for wheeling.

IMG_6164 (Large).JPG
IMG_6167 (Large).JPG
IMG_6168 (Large).JPG

Straightened the frame on my mom’s old 100 series. Came out good, really can’t tell. Going to put a 4X4Labs bumper on it, plate the frame, new tailgate, lift and nice shocks and call it good.
9889F642-7260-4C4F-A03E-0D329A0BB4BB.jpeg

Added this to the garage. Except for 4"lift, bumper, wheels and tires its all stock. Miles ~290K most everything works, needs some TLC but overall clean. Has hub locks but no transfer case conversion, may go back to flanges. Plans are to keep it mostly this way, will not do much except remove third row (not for sale) for some extra camping gear room, rear seat will stay for the dog.

ACtC-3eorR_ceAlos1SgYpDtebdPxcA8lwtPmJ-8AZOCAtuUUxUnsN1Uv9w2N9PImlS-BFqsTGOQQf7sQrMiYJc_XFOhX-8CssbHF_8NZ8s9Z11zjk7dLtYqJmdYqsDcb39Xh-xF0fajXye7JNvL52ebhqPmFw=w800-h600-no

ACtC-3eOZwGITCRJlHuz3koPuTZUtUQV0WToncvkxWm_VUEhN7RyeQI_d6tRyETV63rz3HasonhvIG1gtzyGmjZRllV6sytLAd8VNnVToy_25Vxp5FALV8MP_eqmAJuYa-_YPIVOu28mgcIOKZxycG_QBXyFXA=w800-h600-no

ACtC-3fBj_ycLteF-I87wp4nPJo0sv8GA3pXbU2Wd15wJ9idxaSz-n76ewQKHHLPZAcUGikMOF97QO_BEgBKX9CYO4wy9liRSCM3ufG2N0EJ8Xnb23RPC7-_SPY27O60iBixHy8jwiRVlWoqvkVCFHdBswx4YQ=w800-h600-no
man, that burgundy is looking GOOOOOOOD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom