Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put about 250 miles on the engine rebuild. So far so good. The 4.55L engine feels good. Makes me realize how, although the engine was running fine with the head gasket blown, it was clearly down on power.
Also, welded in some stronger supports for the 4x4labs can holder. The prior dimple died gussets were VERY thin and I snapped them while on a trip to Colorado. Luke said some kits got out the door with the wrong thickness metal so he sent me some that are out of 1/8" or so material. Much stronger.

Changed the oil, checked the other fluids. Time to head to the Mojave/DV to explore. Hell of a break in period.

So clean, for now.

Have a great time, we expect pictures!

In my quest for more travel and keeping my tires in the dirt as much as possible in crawling situations, I've FINALLY installed my LandcruiserPhil front sway bar disconnects.
disco.jpg

I also removed my OME N74 shocks and installed the longer OME Nitrocharger sport "L" shocks with the LCP rear shock mount drop - this gives me 3" more droop in the rear. All were easy to install and came with clear instructions.
0323161723.jpg

Thanks to LCP-Land Cruiser Products for creating these items for us LC nuts! Cant wait to get out and enjoy the extra travel in situations like this ~
ck2012size.jpg

Got home from Costa Rica last night. Conveniently my lift supports depot hood struts for the gx arrived this afternoon. Now I can work on it without fear of my wood block moving and getting smacked in the head with the hood.
20160324_174926.jpg
20160324_174906.jpg

Now the fun can begin. :)

And just getting home, to take a look at the battery terminals. I pop the hood and.... I found a small split in the radiator on the 200....looks like I need a radiator. 167k and 8 years is apparently the life span of a 200 series radiator. Got lucky that it was a small leak and not catastrophic on the road.
20160325_180808.jpg
20160325_180824.jpg

Caught in time :wrench:

I was hoping to get the Wagongear Tailgate Storage solution but when he last posted a build of them, they sold out in minutes and I missed the boat. So, tired of waiting, I decided to follow the lead of LCP, Aloha Jen and CarterCD and go the boat hatch route. I like how this turned out.

I picked up two of these from www.boatstoreusa.com for $54.92 each. SKU# L-232-HDS1115DP in black. Service from this online merchant was excellent.
IMG_1835_zpsb5fwekhr.jpg

I then removed the carpet and made the cuts once I had everything marked. Using a jig saw with a metal blade, the cutting easy and it came out clean.

IMG_1843_zpspqrvuwc1.jpg

I then lined the pockets with sound deadener replacement that I picked up from Lowes

IMG_1846_zpslvx1dusq.jpg

IMG_1850_zpswizaxui0.jpg

Then I cut the carpet/wood panel and I replaced the clips that I purchased from this store in Mesa. Great store, they have everything and the clips were cheap.

IMG_1851_zpslmkdilss.jpg

IMG_1856_zpskxrbxj79.jpg

IMG_1857_zps9hak453b.jpg

Well done sir!

Very nice Pete. Did you use foam or something to keep items from shifting under the center section?

Thanks guys. Yes, Alvis hooked me up with Tempe Sales and I grabbed some high density foam from them to block the center section of the tail gate.

20160326_111540_zpsjddo7qfm.jpg
Finished my fridge slide.
20160326_111413_zpsjab1qh45.jpg
20160326_111611_zpsllwygg4g.jpg

And just getting home, to take a look at the battery terminals. I pop the hood and.... I found a small split in the radiator on the 200....looks like I need a radiator. 167k and 8 years is apparently the life span of a 200 series radiator. Got lucky that it was a small leak and not catastrophic on the road.View attachment 1230968 View attachment 1230969
I cannot "like" this. :crybaby:

@wtmtnterror I have a similar homemade slide for my Edgestar 63, and just finished another for my in-law's Edgestar 43. They have been working great. Nice work on yours!

Your's appears to be an Edgestar/Whynter fridge as well. But, it looks like you upgraded the handles?

@wtmtnterror I have a similar homemade slide for my Edgestar 63, and just finished another for my in-law's Edgestar 43. They have been working great. Nice work on yours!

Your's appears to be an Edgestar/Whynter fridge as well. But, it looks like you upgraded the handles?

Thanks, I looked at some of the slides offered and just couldn't see spending that kind of cash, I was able to piece it together and was looking like I had done it for a lot less until I blew the budget on the 500lb locking slides...:slap: It's built now though. :D

yeah mine is a scratch n dent 43Q that I picked up a month or so ago by watching the thread here. It's actually in amazing shape with one small ding in the lower corner.

There's a great thread here on them with lots of info and a 25 page thread just on modifications over on Expo, think thats where I saw the handles someone found that would work.

Finally got the FJ's name on the front windshield (bumble bee) ! Needs to be redone but good practice to get it correct the second time!

image.jpeg

@Pitch or @wtmtnterror or anyone else, will you make me a fridge slide out for my Engel 63? I do not have those kind of skills and I really need one. Obviously willing to pay. I am just not thrilled with any of the solutions out there at what they are charging.

Thank you.

Took our new '88 FJ62 & Easter-visiting sister and niece out for its shake-down trip: out to Stanton===>Octave====>Box Canyon===>Rincon===>Scenic Loop===>Rincon. For a Beautimobile, it performed amazingly: not one mote of dust entered! That route isn't the best for highway tires, but it's okay. Bottomed out the hitch ball at a couple of the creek dips. LOTS of traffic in Box Canyon!
IMG_2575.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom