What Did You Do To Your Diesel Today (WDYDTYDT) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What kind of gas mileage are you seeing with the FTE?

Also I have that exact same crack in my dash haha
Damn vagina crack I’m the face 😬.
20ish if you drive it right!
Thinking about shucking some +70 injectors in. This is what my pal in Oz said.

F0855FB4-139C-4AE6-84E5-69F51E18A48D.jpeg
812C2F83-CD2E-420B-A07E-BCCB52E8E56B.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn vagina crack I’m the face 😬.
20ish if you drive it right!
Thinking about shucking some +70 injectors in. This is what my buddy in Oz said.
I won’t mention any names; i’m absolutely certain he knows what he’s talking about.
Forgive me for not dropping my pronouns.
View attachment 3448383View attachment 3448384
Nice. I guess with the FTE you can tune it for bigger injectors? I have an FT so I think I’d have to match the pump.

I have a friend that’s a distributor.
He says his diesel customers love it.
I wouldn’t go as long as he says some of those clients do.
They have like 300 and 400 K on 7.3 Navistar.

Updated pic; no brake light.
Should’ve made that go away before I took the pic. And oil pressure gauge working now which was not noticeable in the previous pic.
6AB33489-02E4-4BBB-9CF8-6F80AE0EEC57.jpeg

Finished fabricating the drive shaft for my PTO winch. Finally loaded the spindle with 125ft of stainless cable and 6 ft of grade 8 chain.

IMG_8998.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

Just wrapped up a Webasto install on my 1995 Hdj80. Coming from Europe the PO had gone to a 12v starter and ditched glow system components.
That said I'm in the process of getting parts ready to put this sweetheart back to the original state. Just couldn't trust her not starting at -30 and definitely out of cell range, hence the Webasto with
Bluetooth.
Screenshot_20231204_133838_SmarTemp 30.jpg
20231204_135829.jpg

20231204_135820.jpg

20231204_135743.jpg

Last edited:
Just wrapped up a Webasto install on my 1995 Hdj80. Coming from Europe the PO had gone to a 12v starter and ditched glow system components.
That said I'm in the process of getting parts ready to put this sweetheart back to the original state. Just couldn't trust her not starting at -30 and definitely out of cell range, hence the Webasto with
Bluetooth.
View attachment 3498652View attachment 3498665

View attachment 3498666

View attachment 3498667
Looks good! I have a Webasto sitting in a box waiting to be installed, and have a couple of questions. It looks like you just tee'd into the main fuel line going to the engine, is that correct? How hot does the body of the heater get? I am looking at mounting it in a rather tight spot but don't want to risk getting stuff too hot. What is the insulation material you used on the exhaust?

Looks good! I have a Webasto sitting in a box waiting to be installed, and have a couple of questions. It looks like you just tee'd into the main fuel line going to the engine, is that correct? How hot does the body of the heater get? I am looking at mounting it in a rather tight spot but don't want to risk getting stuff too hot. What is the insulation material you used on the exhaust?
Used an industrial exhaust wrap. Rubber sheathed fibre glass as in woodstove gasket.

Last edited:
Used an industrial exhaust wrap. Rubber sheathed fibre glass as in woodstove gasket.
Grab your coolant from below, normally I would remove the block drain(1hdt&1hz) install a 5/8" inch heater hose adapter, plus a proper "Y" fitting. Try a fitting which starts at 5/8 and shoulders up to 3/4".
Note: This is my HD-FT and that block drain fitting would have been a hassle. Therefore feed is via the block to firewall heater hose. In this case wrapped silicone hose from block to Webasto inlet, from Webasto outlet to firewall.
I keep the heater control on hot and normally switch to defrost mode.
Fuel is pre-filter using Webasto supplied 3/16" fuel lines with a brass 3/16"x 1/2" x 1/2" Tee.
Webasto has its own cute little fuel pump.
Settings are simple to change and having Bluetooth is a nice option.
Set for 30 minutes and up to 72C.
Again all of this is changeable via the controller or 3.0 app.
Interesting that VanLife markets adapters to upgrade a 2.0 to the 3.0.
Some of the parameters you can set.
Screenshot_20231205_182026_SmarTemp 30.jpg

Last edited:
Timing belt job on another 2.8 diesel Hilux... this one is off to its new owner after the holidays. I also did cam/crank seals, and some other routine maintenance items.

20231209_002052.jpg

Timed up with new parts!
20231209_110418.jpg

Also did new belts, glow plugs, radiator hoses, fan clutch, valve cover gasket, an oil change +filter, transmission oil change, and transfer case/diffs oil change.

Looking much happier and running great with some long overdue love!
20231210_170507.jpg

Timing belt job on another 2.8 diesel Hilux... this one is off to its new owner after the holidays. I also did cam/crank seals, and some other routine maintenance items.

View attachment 3513954

Timed up with new parts!
View attachment 3513955

Also did new belts, glow plugs, radiator hoses, fan clutch, valve cover gasket, an oil change +filter, transmission oil change, and transfer case/diffs oil change.

Looking much happier and running great with some long overdue love!
View attachment 3513958
If I could find a nice Hilux, i would be a more complete man. Very nice.

They really do great for driving around town. I also will be taking my LN106 up to Jackson this year. Got a ski rack to put on.

Oh my commute is 50/50 freeway. But I figure if I can handle driving a 2 liter 77 Datsun the little diesel will be fine.

I have a 1hdt for family stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom