What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ARB’d today.
Before/After >
IMG_9321.jpeg

Started working again on the colombian FJ73 1HZ swap and after looking closer at the complete electrical clusterfuck in it I decided to just pull the entire rats nest out and install a Euro spec hzj73 wiring harness . So many plugs are cut off , wiring insulation starts to get so brittle that it’s garanteed to short out and there id evidence that this already happened in the past , the oem toyota wiring does not like the constant heat much .

IMG_4482.jpeg
IMG_4485.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg

Started working again on the colombian FJ73 1HZ swap and after looking closer at the complete electrical clusterfuck in it I decided to just pull the entire rats nest out and install a Euro spec hzj73 wiring harness . So many plugs are cut off , wiring insulation starts to get so brittle that it’s garanteed to short out and there id evidence that this already happened in the past , the oem toyota wiring does not like the constant heat much .

View attachment 3468996View attachment 3468998View attachment 3468999
Just put the old stuff on Facebook Marketplace and label it “EV charging station”. It will sell within the hour. 😊

Went camping this past weekend, and was able to test the diesel heater I installed in my trailer. I figure it went down to around -10C (14F) at night, but the diesel heater had no trouble keeping the trailer warm at the heater's lowest setting. Used only about 4 litres of fuel over 2 nights.
View attachment 3469040
Can you share what diesel heater you bought ?

Yeah, even in the offshore sailing world the consensus seems to be that the name brand heaters (Webasto, etc.) aren't 10x better than the cheap imports. An Amazon heater is usually around $130, and if you upgrade a few dinky parts they work just great. A European branded heater will be easily 10x that amount. For lots of people money means basically nothing but I'd a lot rather buy a cheap import and a spare and be done for probably my whole life for $250.

An air webasto heater will sell for just under 1000 euro , if you make a good research .
That said I agree that there is no 4-5 times the value of a cinese heater .
But pls don’t forget that a heater must solve a certain type of problem , and when you are freezing and you are 1000 miles away from everything, that difference in price is suddenly nothing !
We must also add to this that other countries and people live with a fraction of what you live with .
I would not be happy if my work is devalued 4-5 times .
Based only on price

Just my 2 cents

PS. I run a webasto , and I am not rich ☝️

The amazon link in your thread is no longer valid. Which heater did you install?
Check the Vevor site 8kw for $99, shipped. That's stupid cheap, even if only works a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom