What did you do on your 70 series today? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered two new a/c vents to replace the two middle ones that did not open or close. Now all of my a/c vents will open and close.

Not sure why the middle two vents don't open and close like the other two from the factory but at least that set up is in the past now. Credit goes to @OGBeno for this in one of his threads long ago which inspired me to do the same.

View attachment 3343327

View attachment 3343328

View attachment 3343329

Wow, add that to my list of didn't know still available and that I should get right now. Very nice, thanks for posting the part numbers.

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I turned my glove box door into a patch panel. The previous owner had some Oakley decals stuck on there and there was still an outline of them left after I cleaned off the residue so the door wasn't in pristine shape anyways. Also if anyone can id that speaker let me know. They're terrible and I'm looking for replacements. Some kind of Kenwoods
IMG_8050.jpeg

Not sure why the middle two vents don't open and close like the other two from the factory but at least that set up is in the past now.
because the inside two open and close with the mixer but the outside two dont.

so with this mod you can have the outside two on while the inside two are off, i dont get the need for that, but its nice to have options.

because the inside two open and close with the mixer but the outside two dont.

so with this mod you can have the outside two on while the inside two are off, i dont get the need for that, but its nice to have options.

I drive alone probably 98% of the time so my goal was to only have the two vents facing me open and the other two closed.

Ordered two new a/c vents to replace the two middle ones that did not open or close. Now all of my a/c vents will open and close.

Not sure why the middle two vents don't open and close like the other two from the factory but at least that set up is in the past now. Credit goes to @OGBeno for this in one of his threads long ago which inspired me to do the same.

View attachment 3343327

View attachment 3343328

View attachment 3343329
Is that a Panasonic double DIN? I haven’t seen one of those in years! Would love to see more photos and more about it, if you’re willing to share 🙌🏻

Is that a Panasonic double DIN? I haven’t seen one of those in years! Would love to see more photos and more about it, if you’re willing to share 🙌🏻

Yeah it is a Panasonic stereo. It came in this cruiser when it came over from Japan. It seemed like it was a big deal back then. Posted a few pics before but this is the first time I took a pic of the booklet and remote control that came with it.

Sadly it doesn’t really work as a radio here (different range I guess) and I don’t have mini discs to try out that part of it but it does play CDs.

44189B2D-BDE0-4458-8921-D5DD1D4F2226.jpeg

2D78E5F3-F1F5-45FC-A53F-ECCCFB07CD4A.jpeg

70272437-0F77-4F9D-938C-9E8E60549222.jpeg

Here is a YouTube video of one in operation

Edit: I realized my clocks are off lol. I never pay attention to those clocks. Had my battery disconnected awhile back while doing some electrical work. Gotta fix that.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a Panasonic stereo. It came in this cruiser when it came over from Japan. It seemed like it was a big deal back then. Posted a few pics before but this is the first time I took a pic of the booklet and remote control that came with it.

Sadly it doesn’t really work as a radio here (different range I guess) and I don’t have mini discs to try out that part of it but it does play CDs.

View attachment 3344373

View attachment 3344374

View attachment 3344375

Here is a YouTube video of one in operation

Edit: I realized my clocks are off lol. I never pay attention to those clocks. Had my battery disconnected awhile back while doing some electrical work. Gotta fix that.

That thing is so Pure Sound Style! @Engineer8000 (Cape Fear Electronics) may be able to help get your radio so it can tune to usable North American frequencies. In any case he would be a good resource if it ever needed to be repaired. Mad Skilz and has a wicked ET shop

Those VU meters are so rad! It was and still is a big deal, I know of a few sellers on ebay that will charge top dollar whenever one falls into their hands. You can get a frequency expander for quite cheap on Amazon so you can use that stereo to listen to US Frequencies:

Amazon product ASIN B00IJWQU1Y
Hope you enjoy your rig! That's possibly the nicest stereo I've seen on a 70 series so far!

Those VU meters are so rad! It was and still is a big deal, I know of a few sellers on ebay that will charge top dollar whenever one falls into their hands. You can get a frequency expander for quite cheap on Amazon so you can use that stereo to listen to US Frequencies:

Amazon product ASIN B00IJWQU1Y
Hope you enjoy your rig! That's possibly the nicest stereo I've seen on a 70 series so far!

Thank you.

I just can't bring myself to remove it although a new unit with navigation, bluetooth, and phone connectivity would be nice. Our smartphones pretty much do everything we need these days.

That thing is so Pure Sound Style! @Engineer8000 (Cape Fear Electronics) may be able to help get your radio so it can tune to usable North American frequencies. In any case he would be a good resource if it ever needed to be repaired. Mad Skilz and has a wicked ET shop

Thank you for the lead. I would LOVE to get it to read US FM frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom