What did you do on your 70 series today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ended up next to an Inferno 2022 TRD PRO Tundra in the parking lot today. I had been seeing them for awhile now but never parked next to one until now.

cruiser.JPG

Prepped the HZJ73 for rust repair.
Removed the front and rear bumpers, interior panels, took the FRP top off, took off the windshield frame and fender flares.
Now I’m trying to figure out how to get the snorkel off without breaking anything.
View attachment 3052477
Was the FRP top pretty simple to take off ? I know there's a lot of bolts involved

@theglobb knows how to handle a camera. 😊
His photography skills help create the illusion that I actually know what I’m doing. 😁
EA17A79B-E01C-4441-BE37-8BCDD20190C4.jpeg
35BC390F-2938-42DF-B365-37008DD5C13B.jpeg

Last edited:
Was the FRP top pretty simple to take off ? I know there's a lot of bolts involved
The most annoying thing about taking the FRP Top is: You need to remove quite a bit of trim to actually reach the bolts. This includes rear side trim with that extra compartment on the left. The clip fastners are not really convenient to remove and not designed for period reuse. Some more trim on the windshield top.
The actual bolts are 3 on each side, one each corner and a couple on the windshield frame. And one behind the FRP decal on the rollback each side.
If you want to remove the door tops, too it's a bit more work. All in all it can be done in less than 1 hour. Well described in the manual.
But it's a two persons job.
Getting it on, with all seals and weatherstrips in right position and water thight is a different story, though.. Cheers Ralf

Last edited:
The Imron Hight Gloss doesn't require a clear coat but I decided to apply one anyway with industrial strength (it's practically unscratchable)
Raptor floors matching colors very happy! Next week troop going back on the frame and will be painted...

IMG_8521.jpg

Looks great mt72, I almost went color match on my raptor floor, but decided on charcoal since I'm running the factory vinyl up front.

Looks great mt72, I almost went color match on my raptor floor, but decided on charcoal since I'm running the factory vinyl up front.

This must looks amazing! Mine too will be covered with insulation, aluminum checker plate and vinyl black! Raptor inside and underneath is really to prevent any rust to come back screaming especially I aim for more northern aventure then your typical overlander

Shoot us a picture of the raptor 🥰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom