What did you do on your 70 series today? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went for a day trip to the mountains.

Left in the am with the sides off. Made it to 10,000’ fine, popped down into the valley into a storm, wind and cold rain. Sunshine within the hours and windows down again.

F6E3AA3A-B333-453F-9E86-6A963612C82C.jpeg

Went for a day trip to the mountains.

Left in the am with the sides off. Made it to 10,000’ fine, popped down into the valley into a storm, wind and cold rain. Sunshine within the hours and windows down again.

View attachment 3130601
Great photo. 👍

Once you pop out of the mountains you are in North Park. A valley at 8100’ elevation surrounded by mountains. Sage brush, hay fields and openness. Headwaters of the North Platte river come from here along with great elk,deer, antelope hunting.
Another fun fact, north park is home to sand dunes as well (the same ones I rolled my 55 at) where you can find fossilized sharks teeth.

E42ACA5B-5161-4906-9FCE-0A4EA02CB338.jpeg

Rain, wind, clearish all happens faster than a cruiser can go 0-60.

Awesome 360 degree views.

493B47CD-052E-4810-8EEB-28908213B32D.jpeg

The town itself isn’t much. 600ish people now, keeps dwindling due to saw mill shut down, railroad pulling out of there and general lack of jobs. Still no stoplights :rofl:

Not my photo, but main st walden.

2D163024-EE39-4D6D-8AC2-15E75D0C7E0C.jpeg

Things to do: drink, fish (drink), hunt (drink), snowmobile (drink), bowl the 6 lanes (drink) or visit one of 3 establishments to eat (drink)
Winters are long and cold and you are 1 hour and a mountain pass from a dr, stoplight, entertainment, you name it.
Closest cities: Laramie Wy, Steamboat springs Co, Ft Collins co.

That said, I loved growing up there. That’s a story for another time even though I believe the statue of limitations is up for most of my adventures.

Went to the games and saw my first 6 man football game. That’s a trip. It was cold, then windy, then raining good, then stopped and was hot enough to take off coat. See a pattern?

6CAFAE19-9FC2-4FA0-A21A-22AC5EA91367.jpeg

Can’t complain about a free t-shirt and free tailgate food and catching up with some teammates I hadn’t seen in ages.

If you go to a "you pull it" junkyard to look for parts it is very hard to find any toyota trucks to salvage from. Every taxi in Japan is a Toyota. Every taxi in Thailand is a Toyota. Every Taxi in Singapore is a Toyota...There is a reason for this.
yep, pickaparts here, in the toyota isle all the engines are removed. Have to be real quick.

Also, when I lived in Japan in the 90's, the hardware store only had made in Japan stuff. Even the rice was grown in Japan. Very strong national pride.
Mind you, I was given a throw away suzuki 'k' car every few months 3x, more costly to repair and re-register than get a new one...

I have a w123 merc 1984 too, they were used for taxis throughout europe, africa and middle east..the merc diesel engine from this era is in the million mile club.

Been a while! I've been down in GSE/Capitol Reef. Attempted a few of the Henry Mountain traverse roads. Bad idea. While 70% were good to go, 30% was horrible mud. We've hit this stuff before, mostly off the Burr Trail and down closer to the Dirty Devil, but the road looked fine until the Troopy was sliding sideways down a 10' wide bench-cut road. I put it in a ditch, aired down more (from 25psi to 15), locked it, and floored it out to dry safety... the muddy stretch behind me in one of these photos was the easy mud. The bench road was at least 16" deep. The crazy thing is we usually come out here during runoff/snow melt and have never seen it this muddy. The last time I drove this road was during a monsoon, and it was passable. The desert is parched.

View attachment 3130566

View attachment 3130567

View attachment 3130568

View attachment 3130570
What size spacers are you running for those wheels?

I have camped in the Red Feather Lake areas and wandered around the Shambhala Buddhist Retreat (uninvited).
I thought I was just lucky in seeing moose, but I guess it's the norm.
Lots of miles on back roads between Steamboat, Laramie and Centennial Wyo.

I have the same exact set in my pickup. Got them from aliexpress as well. Here’s how they look after about 6 months or so of use. They fit well with some slight gaps in some places but not bad. Haven’t had issues with them interfering with brake and gas pedal.

After a month long wait, I have some fitted all weather mats for my truck. Quality is top notch, I'd venture to say a bit better than my Weathertechs. These are from Aliesxpress. Unfortunately I won't be able to see how well they fit until I'm back in the desert in November.

View attachment 3127759

Real interested in how they fit, I really like the weathertechs in my Tacoma and would love to get a set for the Troopy

499645AD-3211-4039-AC92-1625C711DAF3.jpeg

95EDF363-0D2A-4147-BF81-2188BA234AC4.jpeg

I have the same exact set in my pickup. Got them from aliexpress as well. Here’s how they look after about 6 months or so of use. They fit well with some slight gaps in some places but not bad. Haven’t had issues with them interfering with brake and gas pedal.

View attachment 3131943

View attachment 3131944
I just ordered a set but they are coming on the slow boat. Not scheduled to arrive until some time in November.

View attachment 3131943

View attachment 3131944
Mine didn't come with the twist clips like you have, I see they can be purchased from toyota but I'm not sure if they will line up with my vinyl floor. What did you for for this? Do you have vinyl floor underneath? What is your 70 series?

20220505_152656.jpg

What roof rack is that?

It is an accessory rack setup from Australia. They are sold for the VDJ76 but it is basically the same as the Rhino RL150.

rack15.JPG
rack Shot 3.jpeg

It is nice because it clears the sunroof. Sunroof tilt all the way up shown below.

rack Shot 2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom