What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fix 2 broken wheel studs. The steel rims dug into the aluminum spacers on high spots so they in effect became loose. They vibrated and 2snapped off. Must tighten and recheck lug nuts when using steel rims on Al spacers.
Started replacing my springs with OME medium 2" springs. I intended to reuse stock shackles, but they are pitted and gouged badly. I will make some new shackles.

IMG_20200624_201858.jpg

IMG_20200624_201939.jpg

Did you grind down the front calipers? Or are you using wheel spacers?
No grinding. Not running these on the 75, just checking the fit. I bought them for my 45 LPB. Although, they do fit the Troopy and I wouldn't need to grind anything, just need more space in the wheel well and maybe adjust the stops for turning. The wheels clear the calipers just fine. Was thinking it would be a nice option to swap these onto the Troopy if needed, but the Troopy would need a lift I think, or I'd need to cut the fenders out an lose the mud flaps.

Good looking interior panels! Details? THX!

The panels are thin ABS sheet material, and held in with sheet metal screws. They look nice, but are actually too thin (~ 1/16") and I plan to replace it with 1/4" black starboard, using nutserts and bolts.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Finally got the hydro A442F rebuilt and installed. I’m working some bugs out and finishing a bunch of small projects. Replaced the starter relay this morning because of intermittent no start issue. Tried cleaning the contacts in the old relay, made an improvement but issue persisted. I hate hearing the clack, clack, clack sound of the relay and no engine roar....
63F9B40A-7040-4668-8B07-0166664D2660.jpeg

Some photos from Valley Hybrids while I was there selling my HDJ81 and getting Georg to problem solve my glow screen... Sorry for the vertical shots...

1PZ getting a rebuild.
CruiserBros-12.jpg

Georg's shop truck. An FJ75 from Japan.
CruiserBros-2.jpg

"Aisin Precision Tools Ltd."
CruiserBros-3.jpg

HZJ77 swap over...
CruiserBros-4.jpg

Love the water to air. Wish I had the room to cram one in the 12ht HJ75.

It's the way to go in the 70 series if real estate is at a premium. I don't like hacking up body parts like core supports and the like just to put some big piping.

Love the water to air. Wish I had the room to cram one in the 12ht HJ75.
Does yours have ac? Probably if from Australia. I have a front mount installing in my HJ75 w/ ac. I am not installing ac for now since I am missing a big piece that I need for the ac. PDI in Australia makes a kit for a HZJ75 that includes a kit to relocate some of the ac parts.

Does yours have ac? Probably if from Australia. I have a front mount installing in my HJ75 w/ ac. I am not installing ac for now since I am missing a big piece that I need for the ac. PDI in Australia makes a kit for a HZJ75 that includes a kit to relocate some of the ac parts.

Yeah, I saw that. I had a PDI in my 80 and loved it. Doesn't the 1HZ breathe from the opposite side as the 12ht?

Any experience with the sea foam hot soak? I just bought a bit of a smoker and I ran most of a can through a fresh fuel filter today and soaked for 15 min. Ran up our local mountain (7000' to 9000') and back to burn out some of the crud. My smoke went from dark black to a softer grey and a lot less dense by the time I got back home. I think I'll need more tuning to adjust to high altitude. The car as I bought it has a cone filter like 4" off the front of the turbo. Probably not helping my case. I want to have a snorkel installed and some sort of intercooler so I think reducing the temp of the intake charge that much will help.

Also installed an A/C belt (Napa 25-9420) to find out that there's either no charge in the system or I've got a bigger problem :)

Any experience with the sea foam hot soak? I just bought a bit of a smoker and I ran most of a can through a fresh fuel filter today and soaked for 15 min. Ran up our local mountain (7000' to 9000') and back to burn out some of the crud. My smoke went from dark black to a softer grey and a lot less dense by the time I got back home. I think I'll need more tuning to adjust to high altitude. The car as I bought it has a cone filter like 4" off the front of the turbo. Probably not helping my case. I want to have a snorkel installed and some sort of intercooler so I think reducing the temp of the intake charge that much will help.

Also installed an A/C belt (Napa 25-9420) to find out that there's either no charge in the system or I've got a bigger problem :)
There is a SEA FOAM tune up in a can item that is a spray can with a spray tube that you spray into your intake a little at a time while running the engine at about 2K rpm. It cleans sludge/dirt/carbon off of everything to include sensors in your intake tract. It may even clean baked on deposits on the backside of valves. I did it on 2 high mileage vehicles and both ran noticeably better afterward.................I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about or not.

There is a SEA FOAM tune up in a can item that is a spray can with a spray tube that you spray into your intake a little at a time while running the engine at about 2K rpm. It cleans sludge/dirt/carbon off of everything to include sensors in your intake tract. It may even clean baked on deposits on the backside of valves. I did it on 2 high mileage vehicles and both ran noticeably better afterward.................I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about or not.
In addition to this some high load time on the highway with some injector cleaner in the tank is good for any vehicle, especially if it is one that sat for a long time in disuse/misused conditions or only around town/around the farm use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom