What did you do on your 70 series today? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a mix...
He's an Australian Cattle Dog, possible he's a mix (don't know his whole background). We adopted him (Pico) 4-5mo ago and he's been a riot.

IMG_20191231_150807.jpg

IMG_20191027_085916.jpg

I climbed back into the truck after shopping to find my dog had chewed and severed almost every wire that ran to the now-deleted rear heater.

Today I decided to fix the glow plug indicator
So it would stay on while the glow plugs warmed up. My hearing isnt as good as it used to be and even with the heater and radio off i have a hard time hearing the relay open.
The fix was simple. I removed the insterment cover to access the bash lites and wiring.
Cut the wires to the glow plug lamp. Spliced on new red and black wire to the lamp socket. Ran the black to ground snd the red directly to the #4 glow plug cap nut.
Simple and works great. Now when the glow pugs are on the lamp is lit. When the relay times out the lite goes to half lit then out.

51156804-DC44-4459-A2B7-FA624643B9A8.jpeg
I’m going to leave it opened till i finish installing the Rostra cruise kit. Can someone tell me how the speedo cable disconnects from the insterment cluster.

Since my
Can you please do this professionally and contact me offline directly?
Since my attempts at humor were considered unprofessional, I deleted all of my post to the extent possible.

Last edited:
Well this is not what I did on my 70 series, but what I purchased for my PZJ75 for when I go back to the PI in 2 months.
Yesterday I purchased (2) knuckle rebuild kits; thanks to Cruiser Outfitters.
I already purchased brakes pads/shoes, several relays, an alternator, and a variety of other spare parts for when the situations arises.

Saw in @c2dfj45 thread that you are looking for ideas for this conversion. I suspect you've already seen Meano conversions but if not here's a link to some pictures:

Looking forward to seeing what you put together. I remember following along on your 4 door 40 build. Cool truck.
Those are some cool conversions in the link you shared. Thanks.

No disrespect intended to those who own the post-2012 OEM dual cabs, but I'm not at all fond of the tub-tray arrangement on these trucks by Toyota. They look like some designer conceived them on Photoshop, and ordered them hacked-up, re-joined, and hastily aligned, with little thought for ergonomics and aesthetics. Hopefully (fingers crossed, here), these are aspects I want to address during our custom conversion on my FZJ-79.

Only time will tell. I'm cautiously optimistic, thus far.

TLC Progress.jpg

Finally got around to installing the 50mm lift kit at home with my brother. Terrain Tamer Smart Coils, expanded body shocks and steering damper, with OME 200kg+ leaves in the rear. And gave it a good wash after many recent off road adventures out of town, and also to get all the ash off it that is covering Australia’s east coast right now..

54C72009-8DF5-4BA6-AB5C-AF2CFA9A8054.jpeg

2BDAD433-6601-402D-83F1-F9AE1CE02573.jpeg

No disrespect intended to those who own the post-2012 OEM dual cabs, but I'm not at all fond of the tub-tray arrangement on these trucks by Toyota. They look like some designer conceived them on Photoshop, and ordered them hacked-up, re-joined, and hastily aligned, with little thought for ergonomics and aesthetics. Hopefully (fingers crossed, here), these are aspects I want to address during our custom conversion on my FZJ-79.

View attachment 2176607

What they actually did was chop the back 1/3 of a 76 series and added a bed.

View attachment 2176607
They do look severely out of proportion although a "long" tray back seems to help vs a relatively short factory bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom