What did you do on your 70 series today? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought my BJ73 a sticker today to celebrate its 30th birthday and surviving a wildfire last august
20180108_130204.jpg

I took the day off from work to spend all day at @CenTXFJ60 's barn with @CaptClose to install this Toughdog lift kit and steering stabilizer from Australia that had been sitting in my garage for months. I bought the kit from @reevesci and it turned out to be a really nice kit for my 73. I was pretty beat and tired after installing the kit but couldn't have done it in one day without the skill and expertise of @CaptClose and @CenTXFJ60 helping me out.

I didn't get to take exact measurements before and after but it won't fit in my garage anymore due to the new lift + the snorkel. Jimmy also fit in some time to let me drive his HJ61 with a 12HT. That thing is a beast.

The ride quality before and after is night and day. It drives like a new truck now. Thank you again Jimmy and Ryan.

View attachment 1584645 View attachment 1584647 View attachment 1584650 View attachment 1584651 View attachment 1584652
Same lift just finished install on my bj75

Hi! Got my front end finished with winch install and home made bumper:

View attachment 1559447

View attachment 1559448

When I started the prosess of rebuilding the car I checked with Toyota if they still made the stripes the cars came with in this region, unfortunately they didn`t.

A year ago I got them measured up and a company made me a replica set, last Tuesday I got them mounted and I`m very satisfied with the result!

View attachment 1559450

View attachment 1559451

View attachment 1559452
Biutyful

image.jpeg

A mini 70 Series gathering at the Odd Iron Off Road's shop today..........
@bulletsmith .... 77 Series (aka Toyota Station Wagon)
@Wharthog ...... 75 Series Ute
@jmlockwood ....75 Series Panel Van
My 77 Series and a BJ71 (not in the photo)

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Lunch afterwards at the only place Mike wants to eat. :)
We asked the restaurant to forward the bill to John's law firm.

Last edited:
Solid. SW GA can have their own LC70 event. :)
All be it on a small scale. Hopefully in the not so distant future there will six 70 Series in the photo and maybe a 40 Series or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom