What did you do on your 70 series today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone comes across a set of OEM front floor mats I would pay good money and buy you a case of beer!

918.JPG

who made those? Thanks

They were made in Colombia. I have a new set in a box (front and back sections) from the guy that made the set in the picture and the quality is very nice. The seller of my cruiser gave me the set for free probably because I was unhappy about a lot of other issues.

rubber, just like shown in the photo!

I took the day off from work to spend all day at @CenTXFJ60 's barn with @CaptClose to install this Toughdog lift kit and steering stabilizer from Australia that had been sitting in my garage for months. I bought the kit from @reevesci and it turned out to be a really nice kit for my 73. I was pretty beat and tired after installing the kit but couldn't have done it in one day without the skill and expertise of @CaptClose and @CenTXFJ60 helping me out.

I didn't get to take exact measurements before and after but it won't fit in my garage anymore due to the new lift + the snorkel. Jimmy also fit in some time to let me drive his HJ61 with a 12HT. That thing is a beast.

The ride quality before and after is night and day. It drives like a new truck now. Thank you again Jimmy and Ryan.

53385060865__466C517F-6CD1-4CC3-B7CF-1D8D0779DDE3.JPG
53385052810__D090B8CE-0C7F-4AC9-BA8C-DCFD4E2B960D.JPG
side2.jpg
shocks.jpg
oldstuff.jpg

I took the day off from work to spend all day at @CenTXFJ60 's barn with @CaptClose to install this Toughdog lift kit and steering stabilizer from Australia that had been sitting in my garage for months. I bought the kit from @reevesci and it turned out to be a really nice kit for my 73. I was pretty beat and tired after installing the kit but couldn't have done it in one day without the skill and expertise of @CaptClose and @CenTXFJ60 helping me out.

I didn't get to take exact measurements before and after but it won't fit in my garage anymore due to the new lift + the snorkel. Jimmy also fit in some time to let me drive his HJ61 with a 12HT. That thing is a beast.

The ride quality before and after is night and day. It drives like a new truck now. Thank you again Jimmy and Ryan.

View attachment 1584645 View attachment 1584647 View attachment 1584650 View attachment 1584651 View attachment 1584652
Matt, it was great having you out yesterday. And that’s a really bad ass Cruiser you have.

Well, let's see the finished product!

Changed the oil, which went well. I can at least manage that. After that, I went to flush the coolant and replace the thermostat. After I drained everything out, I replaced the thermostat and gasket, then poured about two gallons of distilled water through the radiator to flush it out. You can see the sludge in bottom of the bucket in the pic- it was pretty gross. Next, I buttoned everything up and filled the coolant reservoir with water. I started her up to get the water circulating before draining it again to refill with new coolant. The temp started climbing immediately, and within about 12 minutes had reached the red line. Before it got into the red, I shut her down. I opened up the drain cocks again, but only a small dribble came out. I suspect the new t-stat I got isn't functioning correctly, but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything else. Any advice is appreciated. Also, I made sure to put the new thermostat in the same way the old one came out.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

well, today was the day my cruiser got new shoes - my wife gave me an earlier xmas present and bought me a couple of new tires, so i decided to get on it.

I had found this OEM toyota R15 wheels at a land cruiser restorer junkyard and was able to snatch 4 for a reasonable price.

IMG_7875.jpg

Then, was time to sand and pressure wash all I could - at this point i thought i could DIY all the work from my garage with patience.

IMG_8335.jpg

Little did i know that the task was out of my reach as i watch hours of restoring videos - finally decided to take them to a restorer who was able to quickly complete the work overnight

IMG_8730.jpg

Couldn't be pleased with the end result - snatched some BF Goodrich All Terrain KO 31' (i dont want to stress to much my 2LT) and car looks and feels better than ever. after a lot of debating if i should have the white letters facing in or out, i decided to leave all black shoes.

OLD VS NEW

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8718.jpg

Now shopping for compatible snap hub caps if anyone have an idea where can i get some! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom