What are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are like 3 company that own almost all the breweries in the world. Another one bites the dust.

For those of us who grew up in DE drinking Dogfish from far too young an age this one stings particularly badly - especially since Sam C. (Owner) said he would “never sell,” but I’m not sure I can blame him since he netted a cool $300 Million.

For those of us who grew up in DE drinking Dogfish from far too young an age this one stings particularly badly - especially since Sam C. (Owner) said he would “never sell,” but I’m not sure I can blame him since he netted a cool $300 Million.

I had not heard that ... sad, but everyone has a price and you never know if "craft brews" will fade over time. I got into drinking Dogfish Head 90 mins back when finding cases was difficult because they hadn't expanded the brewery yet and the volume was small. Then hipsters, skinny jeans and beards became a thing and so did craft brews it seems. I just like the taste of 90 mins and Burton Baton ... and the alcohol % helps too.

I wouldn't be so sure...we do a s*** ton of work there...theyre saying it will stay a seperate brewery operation. As its a merger not a sale and as part of the deal sam is now second in command of the Boston brewing empire.

Last edited:
Haven't driven the white cruiser in a few days and it rained a lot. Found puddles on the foot wells on both sides. Took some time today to remove the aftermarket sunroof air deflector and clean the drains out really well. Will need to dry it out inside for a few days, then rain test it. Really hoping this doesn't become a pull the headliner situation.

I'm throwing some codes on the GX. I've got the standard Christmas tree light sequence that you get for all things Toyota. Last time it was a mass evap. that a new gas cap was able to rectify. This time it's a P0158 (O2 Circuit High Voltage- Bank 2, Sensor 2) and P2197 (Oxygen A/F Sensor stuck lean- Bank 2, Sensor 1)
Here are my thoughts and thought I'd post it up as maybe some of you have experienced this with your 100s.
I'm at 170K and according the service records (very thorough) they've never been replaced so it could be that they need replaced at face value.
I called the local shop to get some prices for sensors and they recommended running another tank of gas through because they often get those codes this time of year when gas stations are switching their fuel mixes... not 100% sold on this but it is the cheapest option so why not, the truck is running fine. I just refilled and am going to run a tank through it to see if the codes clear out.
If that doesn't do it, I plan on replacing the upstream fuel/ air first, clear the codes and see if that takes care of it. I'm just wondering/ curious if the upstream is failing, could that cause a false read on the downstream sensor? I figure this is worth an experiment at the least. If not, I'll replace the downstream and hopefully be done. More than likely I'll buy all four and replace them all if I end up needing to replace both on the Bank 2 side.

Any of you with 100s, 1st gen Tundras, Sequoia, or V8 4Runners deal with this yet?

I would focus on the downstream o2 as others have stated.
The fault on the A/F B2S1 could be caused due to the computer trying to compensate for the failing B2S2 o2 sensor.

I agree to get a Denso o2 sensor, I pick mine up off rockauto to save a few $$$ its the factory part with out the Toyota/Lexus name on the box raising the price...

I would focus on the downstream o2 as others have stated.
The fault on the A/F B2S1 could be caused due to the computer trying to compensate for the failing B2S2 o2 sensor.

I agree to get a Denso o2 sensor, I pick mine up off rockauto to save a few $$$ its the factory part with out the Toyota/Lexus name on the box raising the price...
Thanks for the insight. That was my logic but I had it backwards!! Ha! I was wondering if one was causing a false read on the other but guessed the wrong one. I’m a nuts, bolts and big hammer sort of guy.. and when cats started acting funny, we took a broom handle and knocked the guts out of them. Times have changed!

Played (or got stuck) in the mud in Craley PA. Had to winch to get out. Now need to respool the line properly. I see why guys run dual batteries. I only needed to go ~50-60ft, but it drained the battery with the quickness even with me giving it gas. Even shut off the radio at one point.

I didn't have my stuff with me to air down and back up. Not sure how much that may have helped or not. Mud is this truck's weakness for sure.
20190516_163209[2].jpg

No help here ... my friends mocking me from the Razor we brought along.
IMG956454[1].jpg

Craley... really? There is no sound on with that picture in your post... but I still hear banjos!

Played (or got stuck) in the mud in Craley PA. Had to winch to get out. Now need to respool the line properly. I see why guys run dual batteries. I only needed to go ~50-60ft, but it drained the battery with the quickness even with me giving it gas. Even shut off the radio at one point.

I didn't have my stuff with me to air down and back up. Not sure how much that may have helped or not. Mud is this truck's weakness for sure.
View attachment 1979264

No help here ... my friends mocking me from the Razor we brought along.
View attachment 1979270

I love Craley ... we shoot guns and hunt there, plus my cammo truck blends right in.

Craley is the true Alabama part of PA without a doubt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom