What are you working on? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20200125_110634.jpg

So I put an 86-88 IFS Toyota steering box in my Ranger. Does anyone know which one is the return line port on this?

View attachment 2192055
So I put an 86-88 IFS Toyota steering box in my Ranger. Does anyone know which one is the return line port on this?
The port closest to the motor goes to the steering cooler low pressure. The one closest to your tire goes to the pump. High pressure.

You may want to drill and tap the box for future hydro assist and put some plugs in the holes before you fill the system.

The port closest to the motor goes to the steering cooler low pressure. The one closest to your tire goes to the pump. High pressure.

You may want to drill and tap the box for future hydro assist and put some plugs in the holes before you fill the system.

Thanks Andy. I was looking at one that was already drilled and tapped but I passed. This is more of a "learning" build. Maybe next one I'll go crazy.

Turned out Chuck was only 15 minutes from the rendezvous point!

The wheels are for the trailer. I was being docked “expo points” for not having matched rims on my truck and trailer!!!

While I'm out of town.
I have a buddy working on tearing a 370 rear apart....didn't know if it had shims or a crush sleave.
The 75 is getting parked for the winter when I get home...so I'll be regearing it.

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

Nice work Aaron. Didn’t realize you had “locker installation” in your bag of tricks!

Rebuilt a transfer case for Rob, waiting to get the transmission so I can put it all together. Took it apart in the garage but did the cleaning and assembly in my warm basement on my old wood workbench!!!!! Waiting for a newfront output drive flange the seal surface on the old one was bad.

Transfer 1.JPG
Transfer 2.JPG
Transfer 3.jpg

Last edited:
Question for the group here.
I've got this e-locker, I also have an ARB air locker up front currently....
(I also have an Aussie locker on the shelf new in the box).

I have run an Aussie locker in the back of my 62 for years, it's all it's ever had and I never think about it, it just works.

I am thinking I should swap the diffs on the Trekker, run the ARB in the rear and the Harrop up front. It seems to me that the ARBs take a while to engage/disengage, while the elockers reportedly actuate quickly. ARB is supposed to be stronger.....

I have no experience with either, please let me know what you all think.

Question for the group here.
I've got this e-locker, I also have an ARB air locker up front currently....
(I also have an Aussie locker on the shelf new in the box).

I have run an Aussie locker in the back of my 62 for years, it's all it's ever had and I never think about it, it just works.

I am thinking I should swap the diffs on the Trekker, run the ARB in the rear and the Harrop up front. It seems to me that the ARBs take a while to engage/disengage, while the elockers reportedly actuate quickly. ARB is supposed to be stronger.....

I have no experience with either, please let me know what you all think.
You have it back words. The arb is instant. The elocker seem to take longer. At least oem dose.

I would add both are plenty strong for that 20r

Also ask your self do you want on board air.

Last edited:
You have it back words. The arb is instant. The elocker seem to take longer. At least oem dose.

I would add both are plenty strong for that 20r

Also ask your self do you want on board air.

The Harrop is a bit different than the OEM set-up and engages (imo) much faster than oem making it pretty damn close to the ARB setup.

My .02 would be to leave things where they are at. If you already have onboard air, which if you have an ARB up front I would assume you do the tough part is done. The couple of Harrops I've installed all seem quite capable of handling the task out back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom