What are you working on? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I completed the installation of the drawers on the 3rd gen 4runner and powder coated my new rear upper control links.

20200127_155131.jpg

20200204_190423.jpg

it's going to some getting use to....firm is an under statement...there is almost no give to it.....not quite brick hard but not far off.
i had reused decent looking old oe foam...that was quite soft, i would sink in to almost if not down to the seat frame. with this one im sitting almost 4inches higher. i'am really hoping it breaks in some and doesnt stay this high or firm.

yeap its sor's high dollar stuff....picked it up a while ago....and it's being a real mf'er
Seems at this price, an upholstery shop could make a foam for you. Maybe I've been watching too much Gas Monkey Garage and have unreasonable expectations.

Seems at this price, an upholstery shop could make a foam for you. Maybe I've been watching too much Gas Monkey Garage and have unreasonable expectations.

you are probably right, i've never had a shop do anything, so i dont know costs.

I have the same stuff from SOR... and it really settles nicely. I have no issue doing a 12 hr day in my 40 seat

it's going to some getting use to....firm is an under statement...there is almost no give to it.....not quite brick hard but not far off.
i had reused decent looking old oe foam...that was quite soft, i would sink in to almost if not down to the seat frame. with this one im sitting almost 4inches higher. i'am really hoping it breaks in some and doesnt stay this high or firm.

I have the same stuff from SOR... and it really settles nicely. I have no issue doing a 12 hr day in my 40 seat

thats good to hear.

a couple of guys were at the shop working on their draft sight drawing skills and flow programing for the water jet, which was really convenient as i was in need of a new pto cover for my h42.
didn't really want stainless, but it's what was on the table....at least rust won't be an issue.

20200208_134815.jpg

Yes and no, ground clearance gained, but now more mods to shifters and mounts. And if used with a traditional crossmember no ground clearence is gained. In fact it may be a problem with your crossmember where it crosses over the front output flange.

Yes and no, ground clearance gained, but now more mods to shifters and mounts. And if used with a traditional crossmember no ground clearence is gained. In fact it may be a problem with your crossmember where it crosses over the front output flange.
You've seen my skid/trans mount, the adjustable hight one you got so excited about....

I have a plan for shifters, shouldn't be a problem :banana:

Race track cooler rebuilt in orangeburg SC.
New drive, new take up, one new 90, rebuilt two 180s, all new chain and wearstrip.
4580ft of chain....twice as much in wearstripping.

20200215_115611.jpg

20200216_115456.jpg

20200215_161715.jpg

20200215_115432.jpg

20200217_184930.jpg

Had to abandon the city racer weather strip on the drivers side door. He makes good repops of hard to find soft parts, and i have given him a ton of money.....but these missed the mark. So back to OEM I went.
I really do not like gluing weather strip. This good around I used an acid brush to paint the adhesive on, that worked so much better.

Had to abandon the city racer weather strip on the drivers side door. He makes good repops of hard to find soft parts, and i have given him a ton of money.....but these missed the mark. So back to OEM I went.
I really do not like gluing weather strip. This good around I used an acid brush to paint the adhesive on, that worked so much better.

Apologies if I missed some details somewhere - but was this a fitment issue or an adhesion issue?

Apologies if I missed some details somewhere - but was this a fitment issue or an adhesion issue?

Both.
The OEM is more of a foam with some rubber like properties while the after market is far more rubber like. The OEM version compresses much much better...the door actaully fully closes without having slam it shut.
Adhesion was another issue. After pulling it off the door I could put it in a box and sell it as new...this after using the recommended 3M super black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom