What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have it back words. The arb is instant. The elocker seem to take longer. At least oem dose.

I would add both are plenty strong for that 20r

Also ask your self do you want on board air.
The Harrop is a bit different than the OEM set-up and engages (imo) much faster than oem making it pretty damn close to the ARB setup.

My .02 would be to leave things where they are at. If you already have onboard air, which if you have an ARB up front I would assume you do the tough part is done. The couple of Harrops I've installed all seem quite capable of handling the task out back.
Thanks for the input gentleman.
It will have my go-to Puma 12v compressor.

Not sure quite yet, I won't have another opportunity like this to do it for a while I hope, so, I may...
I should open up the front just see what I'm working with anywho.

You should leave the ARB and sell the Aussie to me 😎😁

Thanks again for the axle 👍🏻

I added these to my Tundra in hopes of seeing my trailer better when turning or just lines when parking. They are heated but do not have bsm.

First impressions, these were packaged really well. Like iPhone well. Came with good dirrections, with pictures in English. They are even made of real glass.

20200130_164818.jpg

I added these to my Tundra in hopes of seeing my trailer better when turning or just lines when parking. They are heated but do not have bsm.

First impressions, these were packaged really well. Like iPhone well. Came with good dirrections, with pictures in English. They are even made of real glass.

View attachment 2196828
What are English pictures?

Andy, the tundra OEM tow mirrors are fantastic. I never have to turn my head around. You can buy knock off’s from rock auto that are decent for about 200 bucks apiece if you end up not being super happy with the ones you just installed.

Andy, the tundra OEM tow mirrors are fantastic. I never have to turn my head around. You can buy knock off’s from rock auto that are decent for about 200 bucks apiece if you end up not being super happy with the ones you just installed.
I considered them. I find them too wide for a daily driver, non construction truck. I don't really dig the look either. I may revisit this at a later time if these don't work out for me.

So the deal was after the new year, I would take a break on the Cruiser and finish the basement for my girls to have a playroom and store toys downstairs, rather than have them all over the living room and dining room. So that’s started, half the basement will be storage and craft/work room for us, other half will be finished for the girls.

AE747F46-914D-41A8-8230-9D654990108E.jpeg

FBFA5F88-E0B3-4298-B311-2B6BB0196BD9.jpeg

C0ECEA26-C7B6-4AA7-B848-49044B4E59B5.jpeg

EAC79EB5-0811-4751-842D-88194AA6DF2A.jpeg

So the deal was after the new year, I would take a break on the Cruiser and finish the basement for my girls to have a playroom and store toys downstairs, rather than have them all over the living room and dining room. So that’s started, half the basement will be storage and craft/work room for us, other half will be finished for the girls.

View attachment 2199852

View attachment 2199853

View attachment 2199854

View attachment 2199855

This is like staring into my future...except I don’t think I’ll have enough basement to keep some to myself :(

Glad to see everyone building 3rd members and transmissions this winter. I was getting ready to tear down the H41 but realized I don’t have a single square foot of space left in my garage to actually do anything.

So, brief segue into woodworking - built myself a shelf/power tool storage rack so I could stop tripping over my drills, oscillating tools, and chargers. Still working on organizing And finding homes for everything but this is the first time I’ve seen actual wood on my workbenches in 2 years.

60E32EEA-C664-4509-AB0C-4B191ACD6AEC.jpeg

H41 will need an output shaft so it will get all new bearings “while I’m in there.” The 3 speed case it was connected to is Salvageable but could use an idler shaft, a high speed gear bushing and (probably) an input gear and an output shaft.

With that much of a laundry list, I’m seriously considering the Orion. I’ll need to see how my cruiser fund shakes out after Dave Gore over at 4+ sends me a pallet.

In short - nothing to report, but lots to come. Too many projects mid-stream and need to get the garage organized and some semblance of clean to check off some more boxes. Baby steps. So. Much. Metal dust.

As an aside - anyone know if there’s a market for 283 Chevy motor parts? I’d love to get them out of my garage. The block is pooched but I’ve got a set of Powerpak heads, a crank shaft that could be turned and some other useable parts. My guess is they’re worth more in scrap (particularly to this crew).

Last edited:
As an aside - anyone know if there’s a market for 283 Chevy motor parts? I’d love to get them out of my garage. The block is pooched but I’ve got a set of Powerpak heads, a crank shaft that could be turned and some other useable parts. My guess is they’re worth more in scrap (particularly to this crew).
You could turn it into a mail box like the one outside a machine shop on rt72 @brian probably knows the one. You have driven past it.

You could turn it into a mail box like the one outside a machine shop on rt72 @brian probably knows the one. You have driven past it.

its not a real block.....just sheet metal.

@RWBeringer4x4 you should check out The Wood Whisperer if you don't already. Nice work!

@brian is that foam from SOR? Wanted to buy some, but couldn't stomach the price tag. I think they're the only option in town?

@RWBeringer4x4 you should check out The Wood Whisperer if you don't already. Nice work!

I've definitely browsed the site and his youtube videos - very good information there that I'm only just starting to digest. Quite literally 100% of my experiene woodworking is photographed above - two workbenches and a shelf. I've got a lot to learn (and a lot of tools to buy). My wife wants me to build her a coat rack/hall tree and I offered to as part of her Christmas gift. We'll see how it comes out. That will be my first project that really has to be presentable.

I think I did something to my back wrestling with this seat foam....and I ran out of brave trying to pull the crease...I might try again after it seems a few miles.
For now its good enough.

20200205_180411.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom