What are you monitoring with OBD Fusion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use a VeePeak BLE reader on iOS.

I bought the 2007 add on pack for my truck but still needed to add two user-defined PIDs for Trans Temp. See screenshots.

5B0B0F36-3404-42C2-A90B-664916347CEA.png

EBDC3CE2-D31A-48F3-9955-38EED673D089.png

6F987B09-4466-4259-9C09-680F6F934B27.png

For your OBD dongle to work on an iOS platform (iPhone/iPad) it has to connect thru WiFi.
Post #26
Got that VGate reader in, set it to Wi-Fi, and tried it out. I get the same selections as before. No AT Fluid Temp. Also, I still cannot modify the VIN. I could be wrong here, but it also seems like my SAE PID selection was reduced?!?

I’m wondering if I should delete the vehicle and add it again?

Any other selections? Am I just out of luck and my 98 won’t read trans temp?

Got that VGate reader in, set it to Wi-Fi, and tried it out. I get the same selections as before. No AT Fluid Temp. Also, I still cannot modify the VIN. I could be wrong here, but it also seems like my SAE PID selection was reduced?!?

I’m wondering if I should delete the vehicle and add it again?

Any other selections? Am I just out of luck and my 98 won’t read trans temp?
On my first attempt to setup everything I need including the AT temps, I was unsuccessful as well. I worked with Nathan (service@obdsoftware.net) and later discovered that my OBD dongle was defective. So I setup a return and got a new one, exact same model. The second one worked and eventually was able to set everything up. You may want to reach out to him for a complete walk through.

Liking the new layout of the OBD Fusion app, it prompted a new software update earlier.
Here it is now after the update.
IMG_3665.jpeg

It’s looks cleaner and more legible.

Just wanted to call out another combo that works on my 2001.

I got the Veepeak like many mentioned: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076XVQMVS

Not sure where I saw this first, but I've been having good luck with the generically named "Car Scanner" app. User interface is a little clunky, but it is surprisingly powerful. I've been enjoying this 8 sensor setup with 150sec graphs. Been interesting to track my Long Term Fuel Trims. Usually around zero, but at high altitude they seem to be around 3 or so. Hopefully okay? :)

Does anyone know if knock sensor is available in OBD fusion? I didn't see it in my list, but maybe it isn't readily available? Curious if lower octane fuel is pulling timing or not....

IMG_4067.PNG

IMG_4069.PNG

Just wanted to call out another combo that works on my 2001.

I got the Veepeak like many mentioned: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076XVQMVS

Not sure where I saw this first, but I've been having good luck with the generically named "Car Scanner" app. User interface is a little clunky, but it is surprisingly powerful. I've been enjoying this 8 sensor setup with 150sec graphs. Been interesting to track my Long Term Fuel Trims. Usually around zero, but at high altitude they seem to be around 3 or so. Hopefully okay? :)

Does anyone know if knock sensor is available in OBD fusion? I didn't see it in my list, but maybe it isn't readily available? Curious if lower octane fuel is pulling timing or not....

View attachment 3580822

View attachment 3580823

If your monitoring fuel trims you can also monitor Short Term Fuel trims as well.

Also there is TPS = Throttle Position Sensor and MAF = Mass Airflow that you can graph and track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom