What are you monitoring with OBD Fusion? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yngmrostrvile

GOLD Star
Threads
I wanted to start a thread on OBD Fusion. Not sure I am taking full advantage of the app.
What is everyone monitoring with the app?
I have 2000 Lexus LX470.
I use the OBD Link MX+. I have the Toy Lex Sci add-on PIDs
I am monitoring
GPS speed
Engine temp
Instant fuel economy (mpg)
Fuel rate (gal/hr)
Trip fuel (gal)
AT fluid temp

FDD30642-0D4E-4EA5-A131-741ED4B534C6.png

20AE3B1C-0972-4663-97AB-F9305601FFB5.png

Heat is the number one enemy of any equipment.
EEF09CE6-577F-4F2E-97A2-1DA3B50A4F24.jpeg

This is the main reason why I have the OBd Fusion, monitor and mitigate temperatures.
108-113°F with 4% humidity at 5PM (hottest, driest part of the day) - Las Vegas outside air temps + idle during traffic.

Heat is the number one enemy of any equipment.
View attachment 3072854
This is the main reason why I have the OBd Fusion, monitor and mitigate temperatures.
108-113°F with 4% humidity at 5PM (hottest, driest part of the day) - Las Vegas outside air temps + idle during traffic.
Why/how/what are two trans temps with different readings? I only recall one option for trans temp.

I also use fusion. I noticed battery voltage reading is always lower than actual.

Why/how/what are two trans temps with different readings? I only recall one option for trans temp.
Later model years (post-2002, IIRC) have sensors at both the trans pan and torque converter.

I also use fusion. I noticed battery voltage reading is always lower than actual.
Im not montitoring bat v with fusion. I have bluesea usd outlets that display bat v. I have read that there is a -.2 volt discrepancy with this display.

Battery reading is at highest (14.2V) on the first 5 minutes of a cold start when rpm is around 1400, same thing when running at 65mph up. I did the “diode mod” at the engine bay fuse box, in a normal setup, alternator yields -.8v

You can activate the dual trans temp (pan and torque converter) if you wish to. I just purchased the add-on software pack to get that activated. The highest temp on the bottom right represents the torque converter temp, but it’s the pan temp that we should be in close monitoring. I think the voltage reading is 95% accurate, just lagged in transmitting the info on the phone’s graphical user interface (wifi).

Is "engine oil pressure" an available pid?

My past research indicates engine monitoring does not report oil pressure (no idea what the dash oil gauge reports).

Is "engine oil pressure" an available pid?

My past research indicates engine monitoring does not report oil pressure (no idea what the dash oil gauge reports).
I couldn’t find it or oil temp.

Oil pressure isn’t available (yet). But the oil temperature is under SAE pid.
5D0A856F-C300-4313-BF8D-60E33F957301.jpeg

I wanted to start a thread on OBD Fusion. Not sure I am taking full advantage of the app.
What is everyone monitoring with the app?
I have 2000 Lexus LX470.
I use the OBD Link MX+. I have the Toy Lex Sci add-on PIDs
I am monitoring
GPS speed
Engine temp
Instant fuel economy (mpg)
Fuel rate (gal/hr)
Trip fuel (gal)
AT fluid temp

So is there a reason to use this app vs Torque Pro? I use the Torque Pro app and a Kuula BT 4.0 or Ancel Obd2 dongels . I am able to monitor everything you can above and

PIDs such as (for my 2000 LC) -

RPM's ofcourse
O2 sensors voltages front & back for all banks,
STFT/LTFT % all banks - Short Term/Long Term Fuel Trims
IAT temp, Intake Air Temp
MAF g/s - Mass Airflow sensor
TPS - Throttle Position,
Vacuum pressure
Coolant Temp
Emissions Ready Status (Cat, EVAP, etc)
4 speed Transmission Temp
Battery Voltage (Somewhat accurate)

For More newer Toyota's

Pan and Torque Converter Transmission Temps for 5/6 speed Transmissions (through custom pids)
AFR (m) (c) - Air Fuel Ratio
O2S1Eq (volts)
COMEQR (forget this but has something to do with newer O2 readings
2 Battery Voltages (seem more accurate then 200x or after)

I do need to get the custome pid to monitor the Oil temperature on Torque Pro.. or maybe I just didnt PID bring that into the Torque app screen.

BTW both of those dongels are great for the price. They update data very quick and work great, They are both under $15 bucks if you buy them from Aliexpress..

RPM's ofcourse
O2 sensors voltages front & back for all banks,
STFT/LTFT % all banks - Short Term/Long Term Fuel Trims
IAT temp, Intake Air Temp
MAF g/s - Mass Airflow sensor
TPS - Throttle Position,
Vacuum pressure
Coolant Temp
Emissions Ready Status (Cat, EVAP, etc)
4 speed Transmission Temp
Battery Voltage (Somewhat accurate)
OBD Fusion monitors all of these, too.

At the time (3-4 years ago), TorquePro wouldn’t work on Apple products. That’s why I went with Fusion. Don’t know if TorquePro has changed compatibility or not.

OBD Fusion monitors all of these, too.

At the time (3-4 years ago), TorquePro wouldn’t work on Apple products. That’s why I went with Fusion. Don’t know if TorquePro has changed compatibility or not.

Ooh OBD fusion works for Apple.. got it.. that explains it.. I am an Android so dont know about Apple side.. I am not sure if TorquePro works for Apple or not.. sorry..

I'm running OBD Fusion and have a question on battery voltage. My display typically only shows me getting 13.2V but when I check at the battery with a meter I'm getting 14.1V. Any idea on how to change this or calibrate the readings?

I'm running OBD Fusion and have a question on battery voltage. My display typically only shows me getting 13.2V but when I check at the battery with a meter I'm getting 14.1V. Any idea on how to change this or calibrate the readings?
Same here

Can you read the pressures on the ahc globes with this app? If not is there one that can? I chose not to use tech stream because it just won’t work for me! Looking for alternative. Please help

Can you read the pressures on the ahc globes with this app? If not is there one that can? I chose not to use tech stream because it just won’t work for me! Looking for alternative. Please help
Negative for me, I added that display but never worked, it did not bring up any readings at all. I’d like to know as well if that’s possible using this App.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom