What are you monitoring with OBD Fusion? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Needing some help...I have iphone 11+ using the OBD Fusion app on my 2000 LC and I am not getting readings from the following PIDS:

Engine Oil Temp
AT Gear Status
Battery
All of the fuel gauges

Are there additional steps or information I need to calibrate/add to get these to show?

IMG_2967.PNG

IMG_2966.PNG

Needing some help...I have iphone 11+ using the OBD Fusion app on my 2000 LC and I am not getting readings from the following PIDS:

Engine Oil Temp
AT Gear Status
Battery
All of the fuel gauges

Are there additional steps or information I need to calibrate/add to get these to show?

View attachment 3102645
View attachment 3102646
Check your iPhone’s wifi settings, it should be connected thru WiFi. What dongle are you using?

The OBD Fusion on Android works thru Bluetooth connection and an iPhone (iOS) works thru WiFi.

Thanks for the info.

I have a Bluetooth-only dongle that is giving me read-outs for

GP Speed
Engine Temp
RPM
MAF
AT Fluid Temp
O2 Sensors
Intake Air

So, is it correct that I will get all of those plus the below gauges if I connect a wi-fi dongle? It doesn't make sense that some are only communicated via BT and everything is communicated via WiFi but I am open to being educated on that.

These are WIFI Only?
Engine Oil Temp
AT Gear Status
Battery
All of the fuel gauges

Thanks for the info.

I have a Bluetooth-only dongle that is giving me read-outs for

GP Speed
Engine Temp
RPM
MAF
AT Fluid Temp
O2 Sensors
Intake Air

So, is it correct that I will get all of those plus the below gauges if I connect a wi-fi dongle? It doesn't make sense that some are only communicated via BT and everything is communicated via WiFi but I am open to being educated on that.

These are WIFI Only?
Engine Oil Temp
AT Gear Status
Battery
All of the fuel gauges
I am speaking from experience, and the answer is Yes. This was also confirmed when I reached out to OBD Fusion software development team and the guy I was communicating with said it had to be connected thru WIFI.

I am speaking from experience, and the answer is Yes. This was also confirmed when I reached out to OBD Fusion software development team and the guy I was communicating with said it had to be connected thru WIFI.
x2

What Wi-fi dongle are you using to gain access to the full OBD Fusion functions? On their site, the only wi-fi dongle they list is no longer available and they suggest using Bluetooth...which is why I bought a BT dongle in the first place.

What Wi-fi dongle are you using to gain access to the full OBD Fusion functions? On their site, the only wi-fi dongle they list is no longer available and they suggest using Bluetooth...which is why I bought a BT dongle in the first place.
This is what I use:
Vgate iCar Pro Wi-Fi OBD2 Scanner Scan Tools OBDII Car Diagnostic Tool Code Reader Fault Check Engine Light for iOS/Android https://a.co/d/1LsWGor

The actual dongle:
AFFC189C-99D9-42AC-B574-9A8ACDAB4162.jpeg

You don’t need a wifi dongle! Use your Bluetooth dongle but connect through the OBDFusion app via wifi instead of via Bluetooth.

FWIW I use a VeePeak Bluetooth and it works fine.
Amazon product ASIN B076XVQMVS
🤔

I'm definitely learning something new...I think. Any guidance on how to connect a dongle that is Bluetooth only via WIFI in the app? The app's communication preference when choosing wifi is asking for an IP address and Port #.

🤔

I'm definitely learning something new...I think. Any guidance on how to connect a dongle that is Bluetooth only via WIFI in the app? The app's communication preference when choosing wifi is asking for an IP address and Port #.
What dongle are you using?
Reason I asked is my Tonwon dongle is using a “V-Link” wifi name and that’s what I connect to on my iPhone.

KUULAA ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth 4.0 OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Tool for IOS

Okay, here’s what you can try:
• make sure the dongle is plugged in the OBD2 port
• Turn the key in your ignition to acc position, no need to turn the engine on.
• Go to your iPhone’s settings and hit WiFi.
• What wifi names do you see there? We are looking for a wifi name related to your dongle.

Okay, here’s what you can try:
• make sure the dongle is plugged in the OBD2 port
• Turn the key in your ignition to acc position, no need to turn the engine on.
• Go to your iPhone’s settings and hit WiFi.
• What wifi names do you see there? We are looking for a wifi name related to your dongle.

Yeah I’ve done that too. Here is the screenshot of my Wi-Fi networks with the dongle plugged in. Nothing shows up and I thought that was expected since it’s a Bluetooth dongle.

First is sitting in my driveway and the second pic is outside my neighborhood with no networks around to make sure I wasn’t missing it.

D2367A56-D716-44E5-8514-97FC794A987D.png

19F085E4-7B6E-4735-A42A-B4BD1A9AEE3D.png

Honestly I’m not sure if “GigEm” wifi name is your dongle wifi name.
But this is what I see when I connect my iPhone to the Tonwon dongle wifi:
6B6BBF57-5BA2-4C55-88DB-8E32B5C87713.jpeg

I didn’t start the engine, and this is what I get once I am connected to V-Link and have launched the OBD Fusion App.
2A873D2E-016D-4B1B-9F29-DCF1713DDC28.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom